main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

French Translators

Discussion in 'France' started by Jaymach_RalTir, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaymach_RalTir

Jaymach_RalTir Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2005
    I wasn't entirely sure where to post this so please, if this is in the wrong forum, can moderators please move it to the correct one.

Anyway, onto my plea; I'm looking for either one, or some, people who can understand the written French language at least reasonably well. The reason for this is that I have in my posession several roleplaying magazines (both Backstab's and Casus Belli's) which contain Star Wars material which can not be found in any other source. I would like these translated into English both so that I can understand them, as I don't speak a word of French myself (not quite true, there are one or two words) and also so that I can add the information derived from these magazines to the Wookieepedia. Any help would be appreciated and so, if you would like to volunteet, please either PM me on this username, leave a message on my talk page over on the Wookieepedia, which I generally check more than here I have to admit, or contact me through either e-mail or one of the many Instant Messengers which I use. Contact details for these can be found both on my profile here, as well as even more so on my user page over on the Wookieepedia.

Thank you in advanced to anyone who responds to this plea.

2. mackpol

mackpol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    I can probably help you out on that, but it depends on how long it is, it might take me some time as I'm a very busy girl.

3. Jaymach_RalTir

Mar 16, 2005
    As you already know through e-mail, I'm -very- greatful for the help. :) I do have a lot of magazines, however, and so I'll still be happy for any more help I can get. Just didn't want to appear rude when I'm asking for help by not replying in my own thread, heh. :)

4. BlueSelenium

BlueSelenium Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    I might be able to help too. Sent you an e-mail. ^^

5. Jaymach_RalTir

Mar 16, 2005
    Sent a reply e-mail :) Asssuming that the person I've replied to is you? If not, then I don't seem to have your e-mail. :) Again, thanks for the offer of help...all of it is appreciated. :)

6. BlueSelenium

BlueSelenium Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2002
    Yes, I'm the one you replied to ;)

7. Jaymach_RalTir

Mar 16, 2005
    I just thought I'd bump this in an attempt to get translators again, as the ones who volunteered...well...they've not gotten back to me at all. :( And now that exams are over (in most places around the world), I figured it would be a better time to ask, what with the whole summer holidays and everything. :)

8. mackpol

mackpol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 30, 2002
    Sorry folks my fault entirely !! [face_humble] I am a very busy girl.

I've done a page and half. It's on my desk top and when I have a minute I do a bit. I will try and speed it up a wee bit.

9. Jaymach_RalTir

Mar 16, 2005
    Nah, don't worry, it's not your fault...I had a good seven or eight people say they'd like to help, but only ever received one page worth of translation. :( I assume most people have just forgotten about them, and that's okay...I understand people have lives :)...so I just thought I might as well try again now when hopefully people aren't so busy...thanks for volunteering yourself again, though. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.