main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fresh cash for future projects

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by AH_Solid_Snake, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AH_Solid_Snake

AH_Solid_Snake Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 20, 2003
    Although this is a thought about the DVD's i couldnt decide whether either of the OT's fit this topic.

Basicly i was thinking that George has always said that the OT would be out on DVD "eventually", possibly when he was finally completely happy with them, is it possible we are getting this release of the movies so that the profits from it can help offset the cost needed to restore them and to tinker with them again in time for the alleged 2005 Ultimate editions?

Perhaps george didnt really want to release them right now, but the negatives needed restored sometime, and tinkering costs cash, so why not let em pay for themselves?

Just something i was thinkin this morning.

2. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    This belongs in the DVD thread.
    Lucas has all the money he needs already to make the changes.
    Lucas actually didn't want to release the OT on DVD until after ROTS was released. It was the fans that wanted it released as soon as possible. So I don't understand why some people are complaining about how Lucas is rushing to get the DVDs out.

3. Darth-Jett

Darth-Jett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    ...for the alleged 2005 Ultimate editions?

I beleibe the "alleged" Ultimate edition is rumoured for 2007.

4. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    So I don't understand why some people are complaining about how Lucas is rushing to get the DVDs out.

One dude pointed out: "Fans want the ORIGINAL Original Trilogy...not the SPECIAL EDITION Trilogy" on DVD

UM NEWSFLASH...If Lucas wanted to spend MILLIONS OF DOLLARS to add those changes to the original trilogy in 1997...what makes you think that that wouldn't be the FIRST version heu'd want to put on the DVD format?

Lucas: "Let me see...I've spent a couple of millions of dollars to make the Trilogy look like the way I wanted it to be...but heck, fans want the versions that came out in '77-83 on DVD...so let me ignore the films with those million-dollar changes and give the fans the original, not-so-satisfying-from-an-artistic-and-personal-standpoint versions [face_plain]

Sorry...didn't mean to go off on a rant :p

5. AniKaufman

AniKaufman Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2004
    I hate that "rants" are something for which one should apologize here.I Love reading rants.I Love ranting.Rants Rock.Especially I like ones that start with "Um,...***NEWSFLASH***!!!"
    Cracks me up.

6. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    UM NEWSFLASH... Don't be sarcastic. :mad:

If you weren't being sarcastic, then sorry about getting mad at you.

7. AniKaufman

AniKaufman Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 8, 2004
    HAHA...too bad they don't have an emoticon that means:"No dude,I'm totally serious." because I wasn't being sarcastic at all.

I come to places like this to FIND entertaining rants.They're a whole hell of a lot more entertaining than an endless stream of "well,everyone's different,it's a matter of opinion,I can see both sides of the issue,I don't feel strongly one way or the other,while I disagree with you I whole-heartedly respect your opinion"-posts.

I also meant that about "NEWSFLASH".It's such a perfectly joky,unobscene and seemingly harmless way of saying "GOD you are a ******* MOron!" to someone.

No sarcasm,fan of the rants here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.