1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:WA Fresh Future

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi_Nat, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OK, you're prob wondering what the hell? If you've walked into a Woolies store latley, you'll know what I mean! Over the next 8 weeks, all Woolies stores will be raising money for PMH, and Woolies Morley (my fantastic store!) had lots of money raising ideas!

1. "Charlie & the Choco Factory" will be screening on Wed Sept 8 at 7pm, Greater Union Morley. As far as I know, tix will be $15 for adults (remember it's for the sick kiddies) and I have to find out the price for the littlies. Anyone interested should let me know, cause I can organise the tix. Heck, I think I'm organising the movie the way this is going!

2. If anyone happens to be at the Galleria over the next 8 Saturdays (lunch time), detour vua Woolies and pick up a sausage sizzle! I'm on duty Sat 13th! :D Watch me burn the snaggers!

3. There's also a trailer raffle and for sports fans, a signed Eagles guersey (see bitching post for more info on that priceless piece of memrobilia!)

Anyways, we're basically trying to beat the other stores for bragging rights. I don't know if there's a prize at the end of it, but it would be nice [face_praying] ! My last store (Belmont) came 2nd in the state last year. This time I want to be first! Cause winners are grinners! :D

End of soliciting.....
  2. sithmastersimon Jedi Knight

star 2
    Well you sold it very well to me! I'll definitely be in on it, anything to help a good cause I guess, while there are still good causes out there anyway.

By the way nat, you didn't happen to work at woolies belmont last year did you? If so do you know anyone from the Big W store? I used to be a night manager at that store about a year ago.
  3. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I transferred to Morley only in June, and I miss going to Big W in my lunch breaks to buy DVDs on pay day....

Brendan (forgot last name) used to work at Woolies Belmont. But I get on with the folks who work in the photo lab - always developing my cricket pics! My older bro worked there for a while too, but that was a while ago. He left cause he got screwed while on salary. Sorta made me iffy about going on salary....
  4. sithmastersimon Jedi Knight

star 2
    hmmm don't get me started on brendan :mad: some issues there

Yeah the photo lab people are cool though, I've only gone back to visit once since I left. Not a great chapter in my life.
  5. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That bad, huh? I didn't know Brendan that well when he was a Woolies. At the mo, I don't think I'm welcome at Woolies Belmont. See bitching post re: Eagles guersey. Apparently I'm quite the bitch [face_devil]
  6. sithmastersimon Jedi Knight

star 2
  7. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll give you some fundage on Saturday night if you like. Irene and I would like to go. (I'll be there Sat the 13th hopefully- I'll buy a snagger off you!
  8. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sweet! I'll be broke by the end of the 8 weeks. After the movies, buying way too many raffle tix, Pony night (don't ask), sausage sizzles and theme dress day (twice every week), I'll need a loan! This week's free dress day is "Jeans Day", but the catch is we still need to wear our white shirts, company scarf/tie and black shoes. Can't wait until next week when it's "Derby Day"! The boss is a Roos supporter and loves to stir me about the Eagles. We're gonna get in early and dress up his office blue and gold! [face_mischief]
  9. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm dying to see Johnny Depp... err... I mean, Charlie and the Chocolate (=P~) Factory. I'll have to talk to the man with the money, but we should be able to come along.
  10. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Could be in a good one that. He's done some darned good roles over the years.
  11. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Johnny Depp is the reason I want to see Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (I'll prob keep calling it Willy Wonka"). I don't know where this fasincation for Johnny Depp came from either....

Plus, the guy that directed this film, Tim Burton, is apparently a good director. So I've been told....

Plus go and get original now to watch. I've forgotten the story :(
  12. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    Plus, the guy that directed this film, Tim Burton, is apparently a good director. So I've been told....

I'll refrain from extolling his virtues ad nauseum, but he's made several of my favourite films.
  13. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I thought you might reply if I put that in :)

14. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
  15. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Some of his best have been burton films. He's been in some others that I liked as well. What's eating Gilbert Grape was pretty good. Though that may be because it's been the only film where I've like DiCaprio's role. I was amazed when I realised that was him.
  16. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    I could've drownded Gilbert!
  17. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So far I have these peoples penciled in for Willy Wonka tix:

Johnnage x2
    Sithmastersimon
    Fallen_Angel x2

And Kart, you are going even if I have to drag you there myself!

Remember tix are $15 for adults. I just want to put numbers thru to the organiser - I think I'm one of the Oompa Loompas helping out wit da moofie. Anyone else interested?
  18. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll go buy my tickets on thursday
  19. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Whoops, remember to get them from Woolies Morley - and if you're there before 3pm, ask for me!

Also remember I'm on burning snaggers, sorry sausage sizzle duties this Sat arvo if anyone happens to be at the Galleria! :D
  20. sithmastersimon Jedi Knight

star 2
    hey nat I'll be there before 3pm, probably after uni since it's just down the road anyway, maybe 12ish. I'm buying a ticket but I won't actually be able to go to the movie coz I'm gonna be in mandurah that night, but you can give it to a friend of yours if you like or anyone else on this board that is interested in going.

By the way, if I ask for you are you the only nat that works there or do I have to be specific? lol, see you wednesday
  21. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh, shame you can't make da moofie - I'm trying to get every Perthite on this board to come, so it's like a WAFFER meet. I'm not the only Nat in the store (not happy bout that :( ), but I'm the only Nat that works on Wednesdays.
  22. sithmastersimon Jedi Knight

star 2
    yeah it would be good if I could make it but anyhoo...still getting a ticket anyway :p
  23. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll be there sat morning to grocery shop, eat and buy a ticket with Irene hopefully!
  24. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Mental note to self: Do not burn snaggers!

Sold da first moofie ticket today!
  25. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't mark Soup and myself down as definates yet, knowing our luck we won't have the money there and will miss yet another movie at the cinemas.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.