main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fresno Sucks!

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Jedi-Finney, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    what is in san deigo? probably less immagrants anyway...

2. donsolo

donsolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2004
    LOL... He's only there for a week or two. Right now he's getting me my silver Sandtrooper from the Comic Con ;)

Well, actualy, right now he's probably asleep... but this weekend he's running all around Comic Con picking up exclusives for a bunch of people.

3. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Damn, that sounds like a lot of fun!

4. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    I'd go, if I didn't have work, and I had a car, and if I had money... you know what else souds like fun, standing outside in the 104 degree weather... i mean... not really...

5. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    well, the Con should be mostly indoors, I wanted to go but I didn't have the money either, and I didn't think I could get the time off

6. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    That's what I hate about this weather. It's just too hot to go anywhere. I don't even want to step outside because it's too freakin' hot!

7. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    that's why I went to monterey on wednesday ;)

8. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    Ah yes, Monterey. I love going there. It's always nice over there. Haven't been there in a while though.

9. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    stop lying, you hate it over there, you love stewing in your own sweat here in fresno!!!

10. don-solo

don-solo Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2004
    WTF!!! I can't login to my original acount here :mad: Arg!!!

11. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    nevermind... fixed it :p

12. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy

Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2003
    any one ever heard of "Tipton" didn't think so fresno ai.'t that bad. also did anone go to comiccon?

13. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Ani, what are you doing on this board? :)
    Hey Fresno, what Mama's Boy is looking for ( and me too ) are saberfighters. Anyone out there..we need some more Jedi to train. The only catch is that we are doing this through Tulare County FanForce so you must be 18 and over and have your own insurance due to the liability and sue-happy people around. But we would definitely like to get a group of fighters going.

Master K

14. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    yo... I actualy have heard of Tipton ;) not sure where or how big it is, but I've heard that name before.

Rabbit went to the san diego comic con, he should be back this week sometime...

And as for saberfighting... I know what everyone else does: not much :p - but I'd be interested in trying it out. Only thing is I wouldn't want to travel too far, but if you're going to be in Fresno anytime I'd be up for it.

15. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    DonSolo, well what we are looking for is dedicated fighters. We do coreographed saberfighting and some free-style fighting. But, it does require time and definite dedication.

As an example we just spent approximately 3 months to put together a 1 minute lightsaber fight for ComicCon, we did win the LucasFilm award with it, but it is a lot of work. However, we love doing every moment of it.

As for coming up to Fresno, we would need to have a definite number of people interested to do a lightsaber fighting workshop. As for regular classes, that would have to be worked out.

So, if you want to learn serious saberfighting, we would love to have you join us, and would be more than willing to train you. Just let us know. If you want you can PM me for more details.

Master K

16. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    that's too much commitment for me, sounds like a lot of fun though. Wish you were in town here, then it might be feesible :p

17. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey Fresno,
    I've been through Fresno, and it doesn't suck. I know that this board has just been recently reactivated. Is there anyone you can call a Chapter Rep?

18. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    Trust us... if you lived here, you'd agree ;)

and as for a Rep, um, I think Jedi-Finney is the most active of us... I've only been in here for a couple weeks at most - but I check it pretty frequently

19. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    yeah i was going to be rep, last time when we had a whole bunch of people involved in here...

20. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    well then, if we need a rep, I nominate Jedi Finney ;)

21. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Ok, well.. if it's cool with everyone who posts here, I can promote Jedi-Finney as Chapter Rep for Fresno. Then perhaps you guys can start having meetings. Even if it's just a few people, it's a start. Excitement for Star Wars should be brewing up again with Episode III coming up, so right now's a good time to start.

Let me know if I should make Jedi-Finney the Chapter Rep!

22. jedivalens

Apr 2, 2001
    I have no problems with Jedi-Finney being a rep.

23. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    You have all kinds of problems, search your feelings, you know this to be true!

24. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    If Jedi-Finney doesn't want to, I would be willing to organize some meetings.

25. donsolo

Jul 3, 2004
    >> You have all kinds of problems, search your feelings, you know this to be true! <<

LOL! nice...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.