main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fresno: Your thoughts on the new Episode III Trailer?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Jirin_Raman, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I was curious to see what everyone here in our area thought of the trailer that released with Beverly Hills, 90210 Jr. on Thursday? I figured I'd start a thread to get everyone's thoughts.

Discuss! ;)

2. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    Wasn't it the O.C.? meh, anyways I downloaded the trailer and i've watched it like 100 times already, I seriously can't wait for this movie! I think its the last movie that i'm actually waiting to see. Other than maybe the Harry Potter movies, also the Chroniles of Narnia, My wife is going crazy because those are her favorite movies and the fact that the same people who did LOTR is working on it, WETA. should be nice. anyways EP3 is going to ROCK!

3. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Yeah, it was the O.C. I call it "90210-2005", or "90210 Jr", since to me, it's nothing more than a ripoff of Beverly Hills 90210.

I was pleased with the trailer, in fact, much more pleased than any of the trailers for Episode I or II. I love the dark tone of the trailer, it looks as if it could seriously surpass ESB for darkest Star Wars film (Yes!!). Palpatine was at his finest, which pleases this faithful Palpatine servant. I still have my complaints, and here they are:

--Palps uses a lightsaber, and jumps around. I am as disappointed now as I was when I first found out about Palps being in battle. I hate the idea. His strength has always been as Master Manipulator, but now, he'll be reduced to a CGI stunt, just like Yoda was in Episode II. Boo!

--Palps will become a "hip" character to cheer. For those like myself who have been loyal to the Emperor, we will laugh in the face of the Johnny-come-lately fans! [face_skull]

I wonder what you Lightside lovers will think of this film, once all is said and done? Or just with the trailer alone?

4. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    I always thought that the emporer never used a lightsaber, because in ROTJ, when he had Luke's, he said it was much like his fathers, when he could just have easily said, it was much like his... or like the one he used to kill mace, lol... plus i just think he's better off with the whole force lightning. But I was also thinking that he must have had a lightsaber at some point because as a master, he has to teach his students right, like darth maul, and all the other ones, but I guess they probably already know how to weild the saber. bah whatever. later.

5. The Jedi Apprentice

The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 1999
    I can't wait to see the Emperor and Yoda tear it up in the Senate house. That'll be awesome. Almost as awesome as Palpy vs. Mace and Anakin vs. Obi-Wan.

6. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Sweet merciful crap I loved that trailer. This movie looks very promising. Damn I can't wait!!!

7. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Good to "see" you, Valens!

I will hopefully be in Fresno for the Premiere of ROTS, to provide a tissue for you and Finney. You Lightsiders are going to be weeping during this movie! [face_skull] =D=

8. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Yes. I fear we will be tempted by the Dark Side. Blast! I'm showing fear already! Not good...

9. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Has anyone here actually seen a "TV Spot" on TV? I have yet to see a damn thing on TV, other than the original teaser trailer, and the official trailer. :confused:

10. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    Cartoon Network bro!! They are doing those spots pretty regularly over there... Tivo time, eh???

"Check out that new BT-16??"

11. Jirin_Raman

Apr 6, 2002
    Product whore! It's called "DVR"... ;) You're giving an unfair name recognition advantage to TiVo.

I've seen them all online, I just thought it was odd for major channels to not be airing the TV spots.

Aside from, I don't watch CN---They just show hacked versions of anime. :(

12. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    I mainly watch the adult swim stuff, those are all ORIGINAL and kick major ass....

I am suprised too to not see the major networks pimpin the crap out of those trailers....

TIVO..........

hehehehehe

13. aero-

aero- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2002
    im going to be a bad jedi and say that i downloaded all of my trailers from starwars.com :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.