main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Friday it's Coming Friday

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Hawk-Bat, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    MY ALIENWARE LAPTOP IS GOING TO BE AT MY HOUSE FRIDAY. FRIDAY THIS FRIDAY.

OK I need to know everything about starting up Galaxies Everything. Account Starting up set-up everything. How to create an account.

What sever is hazmatt and everyone else on.
    What is the program that I can talk with you via mic and so on and so forth.

Oh the game is coming with the computer is there anything I can do before had so I can get started right away. And how long does it take after you send them credit card numbers to be able to play

2. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    Hazzmat or anyother Galaxies players tell me what I am going to have to do so I can get up asap.

3. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Honestly, try to say "please" every once in a while. No one has to tell you anything, and you certainly shouldn't order people to do so.

Saying "please" goes a long way.

4. ScoobyDew

ScoobyDew Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2000
    Personally, I'm Cojimar Tourt on Wanderhome. But I think Matt and most of Chicago Force play on Gorath.

5. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    Thanks and thanks for the reminder sithman I say please to myself when typing but I forget to type thanks for the reminder.

6. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    Sithman...giving out ETIQUETTE advice?

What's next, fires and brimstone coming down from the sky? Rivers and seas boiling, earthquakes, volcanoes, the dead rising from the graves? Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!?

:)

Oh, and just a general word of advice, not just to Hawky, but to anyone that is considering playing "Star Wars: Galaxies".

I know this has probably been beat to death in another thread, but this is a game for RPG fans, not Star Wars fans. If you are looking to pick up a lightsaber and Force-choke some bad guys, I urge you to pick the excellent "Knights of the Old Republic". It has everything you are looking for, and it's fantastically beautiful to look at as well.

To put things in perspective: I have been playing SWG fairly hard-core (say, 30+ hours per week) for almost two months now, and I can still be killed instantly if a rancor passes gas in my general direction. It will probably take me another year at this rate to have a character of any strength. There will be only a handful (10-20) of the thousands upon thousands of people who play on our server that will even get the chance to play a Jedi Knight, and maybe only ONE who MIGHT make it to Jedi Master. If they're lucky.

There are people that say that this game doesn't feel very "Star Wars-y" and they're right...from a certain point of view. From the points I mentioned above, you should realize that this certainly is unlike most Star Wars games. It's an RPG set in the Star Wars universe. Sure, Athor Raa will never swing a lightsaber, probably never meet Darth Vader (I am a non-human, after all). But I have met Han and Chewie (who wouldn't talk to me, since I work for the Empire). I have been the length and breadth of Tatooine, seen Jabba, the sarlacc, and Watto's Junk Shop. Some day, when I have the money, I will visit Yavin IV and Dantooine, maybe even own my own freighter or X-Wing...but that's a long way off. I own a house in Mos Tera, which is turning out to be the biggest player-created city in the Galaxy (half-way between Mos Espa and Bestine, come check it out!). So, it just depends on what your into.

Consider yourself warned. :)

Scooby, if you ever decide to play Gorath, give us a /tell. I am currently a 2-1-2-2 Combat Medic, and hope to reach Master soon. BrotherSuess and Daylan just both made Novice Bounty Hunter. We've been "deactivating with extreme predjudice" droidekas left on Lok from when the Trade Federation did weapons tests there during the Clone Wars. Oh, and getting wiped out by kimogilas (think krayt dragon, but bigger, meaner, and uglier). What fun!

7. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    Thanks Hazzmat and I love rpg games. I like how you say you get killed by rancors passing gas. What is the program that you all use to talk to each other via microphone.

I am looking in the general area of being a commando but when i get on will you help me out and give me the run through, I know there is a tutrioial but I think it help when a person jams that info into my head and not just a computer code.

8. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    Ooh, I get to jam stuff into your head? Is there a particular device you use to do the jamming, or can I use stuff off my desk?

:p

9. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    I think I understand. Do you mean in the game or what stop confusing me! But you told me about the program that you were all using to speak to eachother via microphone, you told me about this when I talked to you about teamspeak. But give me a hand on just what im going to have to do where should I look for you what planet I should start you know that stuff and if you give me a hand starting off. It could be in today even but im not holding my breath on today but for tommorow I am.

10. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    You're going to be holding your breath tomorrow? For how long? Using both hands or only one? Will you be holding it because you don't want it to get away? Sorry, but your last sentence just caused too many questions to pop up in my mind.

11. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    It said the expected date was tommorow but I have had packages come in early I just don't think it is likly.

12. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    it certainly isnt likely with alienware.

13. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    Oh I am tracking the shipping it is defently comming tommorow.

14. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    Until it is actually, physically in your hands, assume nothing about when your laptop will arrive. :)

15. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Well, I ordered Jedi Academy yesterday, so hopefully it'll come on Monday or Tuesday! Yay. :)

16. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    Yea academy looks good but seems like Jedi knight 2 outcast but just a diffrent story line. Oh sithman Bring Lots of stuff so you can take pictures for paintball and maybe so movies and have the movies have sound.

17. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    In your face goat it is here in my hands as we speak. Hazmat when your on give me a pm so you can help me setup galaxies.

18. Hazmatt

Aug 16, 2002
    <weighs what he knows about the Goat>

<weighs what he knows about Hawk-Bat>

Um, Hawky, you may want to be polite to the nice man, he could break you. And for $5, probably will.

As for setting up Galaxies...just install the game, log on, and create a character on the Gorath server. My character name is Athor Raa, though I won't be on for a few days. Finishing up with paintball prep tonight, paintball tomorrow, schoolwork Sunday, school & work Monday....you get the picture.

19. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    "And for $5, probably will."

Only $5 to see that? Heck, here's my $5 right now!

20. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    hehe

my fee is ten minimum. :p

21. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    I'll add $5 to Sithman's $5... that'll make the minimum, Goat. ;)

22. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. BroSuess

BroSuess Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2002
    Hawk-Bat, this is Junn C'baoth on gorath in galaxies. give me a tell as well as I'm Master marksmen I havn't yet gotten bounty hunter I'm still learning the skill. but can help you get to commando pretty fast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.