Friday, May 9ths Meeting Minutes.

Discussion in 'Idaho Falls, ID' started by Ariadnae1, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay guys, here goes. I think they might be a little long. Give me some insight as to what I could do better. This is my first time.

IDAHO FALLS STAR WARS ALLIANCE

MEETING MINUTES

May 9, 2003

We convened at 7:15 in hopes that more members would show up. The total in attendance ended up being 12.

The minutes from the April 10th meeting were gone over, and the fact we didn?t have a secretary was brought up again. Later in the meeting, Erin volunteered to fill the position.

There was a vote to see if the meeting time should be changed. It was agreed upon that at least for the summer, the meetings will be held on the second Saturday of the month at the same time, 7pm.

Doug brought up the topic of a website domain name. It was voted on and the winner was: ifstarwars.org. If that is taken, idahostarwars.org will be the name. It is at a cost of $10 a year.

The first issue of GONK?S GAZETTE was handed out. Everyone involved did an excellent job. Thanks Ryan Lewis, Adam, Erik, Doug and Ryan Atwood.

The fanfilm festival was talked about. Three movies have already been chosen (Run Leia Run, Reepo and . There are also three movies that we will be sending invitations to: Question of Faith II, A Deception of the Force, and Seeds of Darkness. We are still looking for others.

We were informed that during the production of Reepo that Gonk is out of commission for the time being. He might be able to be fixed, but there is talk of making Gonk II.

Just a reminder about the yard sale, it will be Saturday the 17th at Laura and Alan?s house from 8-1. There will be food provided, and we all hope that it is a success. After the yard sale, it was agreed upon that as a group outing Matrix Reloaded would be seen at 7pm.

Doug brought up a Star Wars Jeopardy Tournament that will begin at the next meeting. It will go on for the next 9 months or so, depending how long it will take. Everyone thought this was a great idea.

The 20th anniversary of Return of the Jedi party will be at the house of Ryan Lewis. It was agreed upon that the Special Edition DVD would be shown. It is a potluck and we are suppose to post what we are planning on bringing. It will be at 7pm on May 31st.
    Doug gave the address to the website for anyone who wanted to check it out: ifswa.fateback.com.

Doug also mentioned that if there is anyone interested in making props and or costumes that he would be glad to have workshops to help everyone get started. He was shooting for sometime the first part of June. Anyone interested is supposed to contact him.

To end the meeting we did a few activities: Find Your Star Wars Name, and Name Your Favorite Movies. Both were fun and seemed to be well received.

Most commented is was a very productive meeting. I do agree, and I hope we can keep moving in the same direction.
  2. jedi5150 Jedi Master

star 3
    Now those are meeting minutes!!! Thanks for doing this Erin!!!!

Doug
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.