main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Friday night Halo

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by QueenMotherTaaChume, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    From the words of Wolverine, "I am the best at what I do."

2. QueenMotherTaaChume

QueenMotherTaaChume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2005
    Come on you guys!!! Lets not play "mine is bigger than yours".You all must play very well (together).Spoken like a true Mother. O:)

3. Aayla_secura4

Aayla_secura4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
  4. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Oh, I'm not. I have my strengths, and my weaknesses at the game, just like anyone else. And Mordtat, actually, you have stood up and hollared out loud you were the best at the game, before. :) I am just making the point that you have strengths, just like everyone else. Hmm... I wonder if there would be a way to put up some kind of chart with categories, or something. And have like a count with it, say 1-10 for skill level at that particular category, and folks could put down what they think their count would be, as well as what they think others would be. We could start doing stuff like a "most improved player" award, a "best base defender" award, etc. etc. That would be kind of fun, I think. I know who I would award "most improved player" to, right now. :)

By the way, what was that "Fearful Leader" comment supposed to mean?

5. Mordtat

Apr 20, 2004
    I try my best to lay back and be cool. Sometimes its hard to do that when games are close or when you get bested when you know you should have done better than that or when you get to a spot unprepared and the other guy has your number. Often its hard to fight a close up fight when a guy has a shot gun and you have an smg.

6. Mordtat

Apr 20, 2004
    You have to admit though Riff, that its a thing of beauty when you are on the side of a team that has one person shelling a base to the point of where people can do very little other than get the hell out of the way.

7. Mordtat

Apr 20, 2004
    I am sorry Momma Queen... *whispers to Riff* I am so going to kick your butt when she is not watching.

8. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Oh, yeah. It is. And I will never forget the "Un-frikkin-believable" game. I havent laughed that hard in a long time. :)

*whispers back to Mordtat* "Bring it, big boy!" ;)

So, thoughts on the HALO thingie with awards and such?

9. Mordtat

Apr 20, 2004
    I know I am not the greatest player alive. I have heard horror stories about players who play online. Some of these guys dedicate their entire existence to some of these first person shooters. I am not even a fraction to skill as some of these guys. As for the system and ranking I think that would be cool.

I think my biggest problem is trying not to take this game so serious. I have played sports my entire life and was taught to play your best but also to win. I am decent at almost anything I put time in so I have grown to be very competitive and extremely arrogant at times. For that I apologize, and appreciate you all putting up with me at times I am at my worst.

10. Mordtat

Apr 20, 2004
    I have to get going soon but are we up for another Halo meet this Friday?

11. Aayla_secura4

Jan 13, 2005
    I hope so, I need to chill. I have not been able to sleep well.

12. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Um... lets see.... Hmmm....

YES! Of course! :) Somewhere, I just dont know where, yet. I dont know what Fetts plans are, and it may be a possibility to take QueenMother up on her offer. Maybe we will have things finalized by Thursday.

And dude, a good chunk of us get hot during gaming sessions, from time to time. Its just the competitive nature in us, is all. I dont think Fett has ever gotten in a tissy about anything, ever, nor has Joe-da Entropy, or Poldu, but I think the rest of us have at one point or another. Its all good, man. :) I'm like you, I tend to get in a win, win, win, no matter the cost type of mode, and I am sure that gets aggravating to some, too.

13. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    it's all eddie-wan's fault... he's holding me back...

14. Poldu_The_Wookie

Poldu_The_Wookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2004
    What can I say im a very chilled out person; although i have had to play referee between Hawthor and Mordtat on more than one occasion.

15. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
  16. QueenMotherTaaChume

QueenMotherTaaChume Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2005
    Aayla already told me you guys would laugh you asses off at the way I play. So maybe you are too serious about playing, and I will be the comic relief. [face_laugh]

17. Aayla_secura4

Jan 13, 2005
    only becuase she runs in a circle and says "come here, can you see me,come here, dont shoot me I just want you to see this) and when you get to her she shoots the heck out of everything.

18. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Rewind to about 12 years ago and yall would know the meaning of competitive. When I played basketball I had to make up for lack of great athletisism by going all out and sometimes pushing the rules to the limits. Folks hated playing against me and I was also not a very good teammate at times. I never could understand why If I could dive after a loose ball on a cement parking lot that you couldnt/wouldnt. Hmmm, we REALLY need to get together for some hoops sometimes. :D

Oh, and good one Joe [face_laugh]

19. Templar_Assassin

Templar_Assassin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    cant wait till friday......Random comment(i also figured out how to get to dennis's house.)

20. Templar_Assassin

Templar_Assassin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    I like the idea of having a rating system.....so ill know when i need to improve

21. HawthorSolarian

HawthorSolarian Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2003
    thats not true you aren't good with the smg and you left bub off of logans line

22. Mordtat

Apr 20, 2004
    I am good with any weapon I choose to use. However, I prefer something with more of a stopping power when it comes to fighting. I have had to use the SMG a lot in the last games we played because they have it set up as your starting weapon. Just because I prefer to use something else doesn't mean I am not good with that weapon.

Wolverine does say bub a lot but he does not say it every scene such as, in this line. For example, When Wolverine had just returned from Asteroid M in Fatal Attractions, he is in the danger room trying to prove to him and others that he can still cut it as an X-Man.

In this fight he is man handled by robots and when he is on his knees he says, "I am still the best at what I do" and SHNKT his bone claws pop out....

23. Kazuma_Kuahara

Kazuma_Kuahara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    Don't know if Sol posted this on another thread, but i'm just gonna cover the bases. He's planning on attending this weekend and he will have a friend or 2 with him (one is a huge SW fan) if thats ok with you of course fett.

24. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Cool! By the way, Hawthor, Mordtat is right. I consider myself a bit of an authority on Wolverine, so he is very correct in his rebuttal.

25. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, folks, heads up! Fett has confirmed Friday night, at the lair of Boba, so we are good to go! Go ahead and plan for it, and plan to start showing up around 10-ish, for a night of gaming! By the way, if anyone can remember, lets try to get enough copies of the original HALO there, as well, so we can play a game of sidewinder. :)

See you folks there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.