main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fridge brillance : did Jabba knew about Luke and Leia heritage ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BaronNoir, Feb 20, 2018.

1. BaronNoir

BaronNoir Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2001
    The least that can be said is that Anakin Skywalker was not a very good actor (AH !) and that an awful lot of people managed to guess out who he was. It includes at least Tarkin (new canon) and Thrawn (ancient canon, most certainly will come out in new). Presumably Xivor was able to space Google ''Anakin Skywalker'' too.

In the first new canon Darth Vader comic, Jabba taunts Darth Vader about his Tatooine upbringing, leading me to believe he knew too (After all, Jabba had several contacts with Anakin).

So simple question : the comic indicating pretty heavily that Jabba knew about Anakin Skywalker (he was the one who lent bounties hunters to Darth Vader for hunting Luke), could he have also guessed (using, I don't know, scent like Noghri ?) that Leia and Luke were Darth Vader progeny ?

That would explain a lot better the opening act of the ROTJ, because to paraphrase Cracked, a relatively petty debt of a few thousands credits (which is a lot for a smuggler, but not a lot for a crime lord) does not explain why a crime lord with a galactic influence would kill (and, well, attempt sexual slavery) on Rebels whose bounties must be a few dozens times higher than Han one...

2. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    You're thinking of the fourth issue of the Star Wars ongoing; in Vader #1, Jabba just mistakes Vader for a Jedi because he uses a mind track; Vader corrects him that he's a Sith. But Star Wars #4 contains the "Who knew anyone of note was born on Tatooine, eh?", which I don't believe implies Jabba knows who Vader is at all; it's just a way for the reader to peer into Vader's head for a moment. They're referring to Luke anyway, so it's a natural continuation of their conversation about the "few natural treasures" Tatooine has to offer.

And, to be technical, Anakin wasn't born on Tatooine.

CooperTFN likes this.
  3. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    We know Luke wasn’t born there, but do we really know where Anakin was born?

Sent from my Ornithopter using The Force

4. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    We do not know where Anakin was born, but we know he was not born on Tatooine since he didn't arrive there until he "was very little. Three, I think."

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Seeing as we never knew in legends I doubt we will learn in Canon.

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  6. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I doubt Jabba knew in Legends remember he is a crime boss-and a powerful one at that.

This sort of information if he could prove it would be very valuable to the empire and Palpatine.

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Are we suggesting that Jabba knew he had Vader's daughter in his grasp, and chose to put her in chains as his slave girl? That doesn't seem wise.