main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Friend or Foe -- Han & Boba -- Response to "I Dare You" Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigFatty, Sep 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Title: Friend or Foe
    Author: BigFatty
    Timeframe: 9 years after ROTJ
    Characters: Han & Anakin Solo, Boba Fett
    Summary: What happens when Han's arch enemy rescues his son.
    Disclaimer: I own nothing relating to Star Wars, that's all George Lucas, not me.
    Notes: This is my response the "I Dare You" Challenge. My challenge was given to me by Juliet316 and I was to write a story where a Solo child of my choice has been saved by Boba Fett.

Big thanks to my sister for the beta. [:D]

I sit in my chair in the Falcon?s cockpit trying to comprehend the events of the past five days. Leia and I picked up Admiral Ackbar before leaving Coruscant to get our youngest, Anakin from his secret hideout where he was being taken care of by Winter. Part of me, a big part of me, has always hated having to send away our kids to some secret hideout until they were two-years-old. There have been so many days where I was ready to do anything short of putting a blaster to Ackbar?s head and demanding to know where my kids are so I can bring them home and be an actual family instead of parents who get a couple of holos sent to them every few weeks.

Then there are days when Leia and I get reports from the NRI about threats and plots to kidnap our kids. And I know the reports they bring to us are the ones certified to be serious enough for attention. Those are the days when I want to take the twins back into hiding with Anakin and have them stay there forever.

But it?s always the ones who don?t write to tell you what they?re planning that worry me the most, like the group of guys who were fed leaked information and managed to find my son. They showed up and kidnapped him four hours before Leia and I got there.

We took the Falcon since the place was going to be abandoned once we got Winter and Anakin. We arrived in-system to the sound of a distress call. Leia and I looked at each other with dread in our eyes and stomachs. We had been so close to being a whole family for the first time since? well since we?d become a family.

We sat the ship down only to have our nightmare become a reality. Marks from ricocheting blaster shots scorched the walls. The three of us ran inside to find smoking hulks of metal that had been so-called top of the line bodyguard droids. At any other time I would?ve cracked a joke about wanting a refund.

Around the corner, we found Winter alive, but barely. She kept apologizing and saying, ?He?s gone.? This was one of those moments where my wife amazed me. All I wanted to do was point my finger at Winter and blame her for what had happened. I may have even gone so far as to say she shouldn?t be alive still. But not Leia.

My wife comforted her best friend. She told Winter to save her strength so she could help get Anakin back. Leia saw on Winter?s face that she wished she had died because of her failure.

While Ackbar went to the small comm center to see if he could get any recordings of the kidnappers, Leia and I moved Winter to the Falcon. We decided it would be best to make the seven-hour flight back to Coruscant so Winter?s wounds could be treated and Ackbar?s data could be analyzed.

Tycho met up with us at the medcenter. I couldn?t look him in the eye. Leia, thankfully being the constant diplomat, graciously accepted his apologies for our situation and apologized to him for putting Winter into this position. All I wanted to do was yell about how the one he cared about was floating in bacta in the next room, not stars knew where taken by the scum of the galaxy.

Not surprisingly, Ackbar?s data didn?t give us any leads. We started going through recent threats we?d received, but there were too many to give us any good clues. After reading files for thirty straight hours, I forced Leia to come back to our apartment to get some rest. We triple-checked on the twins before heading to bed where I rubbed Leia?s back and whispered promises of how things would be alright until she fin

2. BobaFanGirl

BobaFanGirl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh, that was fun! You were lucky that you got to write about Boba Fett in your dare!

And of course Han should say thank you -- although Fett would probably prefer a nice fat reward. :D

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Nice response partner. I wasn't expecting it to be in Han's POV but it works, and just walking away seems like a perfectly Fett thing to do.

Now to find time and energy to completely my challenge. [face_devil]

Edit: It's done![face_devil]

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Very nicely done! =D=

5. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Excelent, very well written.

6. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    That was great! Boba saved him!

=D=

7. HanSoloIsSoCute

HanSoloIsSoCute Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 7, 2005
    Great story! Quite moving. You did a wonderful job! When you read it, it feels like it's really Han talking! Even though I'm not a Boba Fett fan, you did a perfect job on him aswell. Even though I write nothing but comedy Star Wars fanfics, your serious fanfic seriously rocked!

8. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Great Job! Even though I'm a Fett hater, I actually DIDN'T hate him in this story! :D

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I liked this one - nicely done..

10. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    At any other time I would?ve cracked a joke about wanting a refund.

Yeah, not funny when it?s your kids huh? [face_worried]

We triple-checked on the twins before heading to bed

Poor Han and Leia. I would have done that too :_|

I then added Luke?s name to the list of people who wouldn?t approve of what I was doing, but I didn?t really care.

Heehee! Loved that part :D

And now I seat here in chair, my son asleep in my lap, and staring at the ominous lines of hyperspace wondering when I see Boba Fett next, do I shoot him or say thank you.

Great ending! =D=

11. BigFatty

BigFatty Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    BobaFanGirl: How fitting that a Boba Fan gets the first reply.

Oh, that was fun! And of course Han should say thank you -- although Fett would probably prefer a nice fat reward.

Haha, this is probably true. Glad you liked it. :)

Juliet: Nice response partner. I wasn't expecting it to be in Han's POV but it works, and just walking away seems like a perfectly Fett thing to do.

Thank you :) And bigger thanks for not being mean to me with your challenge.

VaderLVR: Very nicely done!

Thank you :)

ccp: Excelent, very well written.

FelsGoddess: That was great! Boba saved him!

Glad you liked it :)

HanSoloIsSoCute: Great story! Quite moving. You did a wonderful job! When you read it, it feels like it's really Han talking! Even thouhg I'm not a Boba Fett fan, you did a perfect job on him aswell.

Thanks [face_blush]

PonyTricks: Great Job! Even though I'm a Fett hater, I actually DIDN'T hate him in this story!

Haha, thank you :)

LAJ_FETT: I liked this one - nicely done..

Thank you very much :) Glad the Fett fans are approving

TKL: Poor Han and Leia.

Yes indeed :(

Heehee! Loved that part

;)

Great ending!

Thank you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.