main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Friend or Foe? (Song Roulette Challenge) (j/j)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kissa, Apr 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Title: Friend or Foe
    Author: Kissa
    Characters: Jaina, Jag
    Timeframe: Post DN
    Summary: Jaina and Jag must come to terms with their relationship
    Genre: Romance
    Notes: Written for the Song Roulette Challenge: Here!

Is it too late
    Nothing to salvage
    You look away
    Clear all the damage

She doesn?t know why she came. She wanders around the room, seemingly paying attention to nothing, while in reality all of her attention is locked on the black haired, green eyed man. She tries to catch his attention.

Dimly, she is aware of her reasons. She knows that she has made mistakes, but she remains hopeful that there might be something left . . . a few scanty pieces that she can pull together.

She catches his pale green eyes and her heart stops beating. For a split second the reality of their relationship pushes against her. Then he looks away, a deliberate turn of head.

A dismissal.

There?s no anger in his posture, only a cool collectedness. But she fears that it did not clear the damage. Meeting his eyes is only the beginning.

And it could be the beginning of the end.

The meaning to
    All words of love
    Has disappeared

Once vows of love had spilled freely from their lips, the words crystal clear and the emotion brilliant. Now the meaning is clouded. She knows that she loves him. But she no longer knows what love is. The meaning, once easy and painful with its clarity, has disappeared.

We used to love one another
    Give to each other
    Lie under covers so,
    Are you friend or foe

Once they had been in love. They had surrendered to each others kisses, hugs, and tearful breakdowns.

She watches him now, across the room, memories of tousled sheets and sweet, sweet kisses spinning through her mind. The memories are joined by reality: the last time they met he had tried to kill her and she had tried to kill him.

The past and present collide. She doesn?t know. She bites her bottom lip and wonders if he is her friend ? her lover ? or simply an enemy.

Love one another
    Live for each other
    So, are you friend or foe
    Cause I used to know

She hates that she doesn?t know anymore. She hates that the knowledge has been blurred in her mind. Evil and good. Right and wrong. Friend and foe. Once they were clear cut. She could tell easily which belonged where.

She had never doubted herself like this before. She had never been blinded by so much grey.

She had loved Jag once. At some point, it felt as if she had lived only to see him smile, to see his green eyes light up. To here his well thought, scathing comments. To feel his skin, taste his lips, reveal in the glory of his company.

The promises
    Hollow concessions
    And innocent shows of affection

Bitterly she thinks of his promises. He?d sworn he wasn?t going to leave her; said it was because he didn?t want to. She?d held him close; they?d shared their first kiss.

And many more had followed, sweet and innocent shows of affection. Those were memories that she cherished. Even now the thought of them stings at her eyes, causing tears to well up.

I touch your hand
    A hologram
    Are you still there

?Jaina.?

She freezes, hearing his crisp voice. Slowly. Haltingly she turns, eyes traveling up his chest to his ruggedly handsome face. ?Jag.?

She reached out, fingers brushing across his hands as if to see if he is really in front of her.

Time stops. She feels like she?s trapped in a hologram; an image of their past. Another sweet moment, where she can feel him. Know that he?s real. Know that he?s not going to leave.

We used to love one another
    Give to each other
    Lie under covers so,
    Are you friend or foe

?We used to love one another,? she says, breaking the holo moment. Her voice breaks and she adds, ?Didn?t we??

He looks coldly at h

2. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    OMG :eek:

Did Jag just kill Jaina?.....

Great songfic..

I feel bad for them both..:_|

One can only imagine what the war did to Jag...I loved what you did to show how embittered he had become.

FL @};-

(edit: I'm first...Yay!!)

3. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    :eek: Wow that was intense.=D=

4. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Thanks.[face_alien_1] I can't wait to see what you write for yours.:p

Congrats on getting first.=D=

I'm not going to say whether Jag killed Jaina or not. I'm going to leave it up to the reader. Either he stabbed her or dropped the knife. I know what happened in my mind, but it felt better to leave it open-ended.:)

5. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    :eek: Wow, that was great! Loved all the emotions in it. =D=
    I always have problems with reading fics in the simple present, but this one is still very nice.

Like it.

6. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Very Powerfull fic.

I absolutally love your ending. It's sometimes nice to get to choose the way you want it instead of what the author dictates it to be.

Very nice job.

7. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    [:D]Thanks. My sister wasn't please with it. She insisted that I tell her what happened to Jaina. So I told her my version.

Then she was happy.[face_peace]

Anywho, thanks for reading.[face_love]

I have problems writing fics in the simple present, so I was practicing.

I'm glad it came out right.:D

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Whoa! :eek: Excellent response!

?We used to love one another,? she says, breaking the holo moment. Her voice breaks and she adds, ?Didn?t we??

He looks coldly at her. ?I gave you everything,? he says, voice bitter. ?And you stabbed me in the back.?

The anger makes his scar stand out in sharp contrast to his pale, angry face. ?What are you doing here?? he demands. ?Haven?t you done enough??

She bites her lip. ?Jagged ??

?Captain Fel,? he corrects.

She turns away, heart pounding.

I'm terrible at putting names to lyrics when they aren't in context. :p What was your song?

9. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006

Friend or Foe by t.A.Tu

:confused: I meant to put that in the opening thread.

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Whoa... that was a surprise. Awesome answer to the song challenge.

11. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Powerful exploration of the death of a relationship. You caught a lot of bitterness and regret there.

I usually don't read much J/J, but this drew me in and I'm glad I hung around. Nice job!=D=

(FWIW, I'm a big believer in metaphor. That's my interpretation of the ending. ;))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.