main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Friendliest 'Woks aren't stuffed | FINISHED October 18 | Epilogue

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -thor-, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calandria

Calandria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    *sniff*

gonna miss this story

*sniff*

really gonna miss it

*perks up*

next one with the lavender? :D

2. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Yub yub! [face_mischief]

3. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Hey Thor that's a great picture you did. Hmm what choice do they make?

4. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    Yub yub!

*starts doing ewok dance*

:D

5. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *flees into ferrocrete shelter to save his feet*

;) :p

6. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    If you thought only humans have this kind of problems you're very wrong :p

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The closer the day of their departure came the more nervous Kolot became. He was quite confused about the way he felt, but having no experiences of living with other Ewoks he attributed this confusion to that lack of experience. Yet those strange twists and turns in his stomach whenever he thought of bringing Beshi back to Endor ? something he told himself was surely the thing to come ? were wreaking havoc in his nerves and he was getting a little ?miffed? about it ? and that still put it midly.

Beshi had instinctively registered his state of confusion and frustration and kept herself a little at distance. That very fact made life for Kolot not any easier and his frustration about the unnerving chaos in his feelings was slowly changing into depression that Beshi would surely go back to Endor and he´d be alone again.

Only then ? as this truth dawned on him ? be began to understand what was going on. He didn´t want Beshi to go away again! Over the last weeks the two of them had formed a bond that was not easily broken. Beshi´s curiosity was ? for the first time in her life ? no longer a reason to be scolded and reprimanded. And now ? after years and years of being alone in spite of Alina´s love and the friendship to Myn and Kirney ? Kolot had a partner and friend who was really able to understand him. And Kolot didn´t want this equal friend and partner to walk out of his life again. And that meant he had to talk to her ? now!

He softly knocked on the door to the room Beshi had been sharing with Alina. He hoped she wasn´t asleep, because he didn´t know if he could gather enough self-confidence a second time to ask her out.

"Beshi awake?" he asked and peered into the room.

"Come in," Beshi responded and looked up from the holo she´d been looking at. "What you want?"

He took a deep breath and steadied himself. "Talk to you. Kolot needs to know something."

Beshi patted on the bed aside her and deactivated the holo before tossing it on the small table. "Sit and tell. Beshi listen."

Kolot didn´t look at her when he spoke again: "Beshi know that we leave tomorrow?"

She looked down and nodded, but her little display of sadness escaped his attention since he was staring down himself. "Yes. Why?"

Fear gripped Kolot´s heart. Now or never, he told himself. "Kolot wants to know if Beshi ... know if Beshi wants back to Endor."

It was out ? finally - and he breathed a small sigh of relief. Then he looked at her and was surprised to see her stare at him. "Why Kolot ask?"

He fought the urge to roll his eyes. Women, he thought in exasperation. Why do they always have to know every last snippet? he groaned inwardly and wondered how he knew that.

"Because Kolot go back with humans. No fits in Ewok village. Many things ? sad and ugly things ? Beshi no knows about Kolot. Kolot no normal Ewok and can´t go there." He looked at her again and touched her paw. "Kolot never knew other Ewok ? Beshi first. Kolot been alone all his life and no like that. Kolot no wants Beshi to go away."

Much to his surprise a smile appeared on Beshi´s face and she took his paw into hers. "Kolot no mad at Beshi? Kolot only ..." Her voice trailed off and she frowned heavily searching for the right word. "Kolot only think how ask Beshi?"

Kolot grimaced ? the Ewok equivalent of a blush ? and nodded. "Yes."

Beshi began to giggle and tousled the fur on his head. "Kolot dense. Beshi think Kolot no likes her, stays away. But Kolot just shy," she stated and laughed feeling relieved. Then she lifted Kolot´s chin with her paw and looked into his eyes again. "Beshi told Kolot Beshi no fit into Ewok village. Too curious and too much interest. Elders scolded Beshi ... Beshi no fit Endor ? as Kolot. Beshi go with Kolot- Kolot no longer alone."

She threw her arms around him and hugged

7. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Awwwwwwwwww! Ewok mush! :D

My favorite line has to be "Kolot dense." [face_laugh]

Sooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute!

*hugs any and all nearby Ewoks :p*

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

8. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Awwww...that was sooo sweet! great stuff, thor!

-JSD

9. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    "He fought the urge to roll his eyes. Women, he thought in exasperation. Why do they always have to know every last snippet? he groaned inwardly and wondered how he knew that."

Okay, I almost FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR laughing on this one. I don't know why, I guess it's because he just sounds so . . . human, I guess. This line amuses me immensely.

"Kolot dense."

LOL!

Great job. :D

10. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    *massive cheers and great applause and no lavendar short pants*

~Rogue

11. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Hehehehehe :D

12. Calandria

Jul 12, 2003
    awww that was so cute :p

13. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    That was lovely. I see Ewok males are invested with the same "I'm a bumbling idiot" gene as their human counterparts. Kind of endearing though. ;) :)

PS: Reb - how is the youngling down under?

14. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Reb is away until sunday ... maybe looking for stuffed Ewoks :p [face_laugh]

15. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    So that is it ... the end (for now). It was a pretty long way from the very first ideas to this Epilogue, but of course it was fun. Thanks to all the readers (and even lurkers - I know you're there :p) for the support and the comments. The follow-up story is already pretty complete and Rebekah and I hope to start posting in a few weeks.

Ok here is the Epilogue. I wrote it pretty early in the process of making the fic, but the longer I kept it the stronger grew the urge to change it. Unfortunately some pretty important pieces of it form the base for the next story and so I could not change it anymore without restructuring the plot of "Yub yub, Major!" ... And since I am a lazy guy I left it as it is :p ...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The chime of the holocom echoed through the house. Once, twice, three times but noone answered. Alina opened the door of her room and peered into the living room. A frown appeared on her little forehead and she walked into the room looking for signs of her parents. And the com continued to chime.

"Mommy? Daddy?"

No response. Then her gaze fell on the bathrobe hanging in front of the ?fresher door and her ears registered the sound of water. A pile of a few other clothes told her that her mother was having a shower and was oblivious to the chime of the com-console. Alina decided to leave her alone and started looking for her father. She was about to enter the kitchen when she stopped dead in her tracks and looked out of the window instead. There he was ? along with Kolot, Beshi and two borrowed construction droids, all of them busy building the home for the Ewoks. So the girl decided to answer the call before it ended.

She ran over to the console, crawled onto the chair and knelt on it before pressing the red flashing button.

"Donos," she said as serious as her voice allowed.

"Hey Alina. How is my little angel today?"

A broad smile lit Alina's face as she recognized the features of the brown-haired man who had appeared as holo in front of her.

"UNCLE WES," she yelled with childlike enthusiasm causing Janson to broaden his own smile. "I'm fine, Uncle Wes. And you?"

"Oh I'm ok, too. Listen, Darling ? are your Mommy and Daddy at home?"

"Mommy is in the shower and Daddy is outside. Shall I call them?"

"If you would," Wes said smiling.

"Ok, Uncle Wes. Bye!"

"Bye, sweetie," Janson said and waved.

A few minutes later both Myn and Kirney took place in front of the holocom and looked into Janson's grinning face.

"Hi there," Wes greeted.

"Hi Wes. Is there any specific reason for calling us and asking both of us to be here at the same time?"

Wes nodded and kept grinning. "Oh yes ? there is. In fact we need your help."

"Who is we?" Kirney asked.

"Hi Kirney, hi Myn," Face said and took place next to Janson.

Myn and Kirney exchanged a short glance. Loran and Janson already meant trouble if they were alone, but much more if they worked together.

"We wanted to ask you Kirney if you could get us a couple of Corellian things ? Whyren's Reserve, Vweliu nuts and a few other things," Wes explained. "You have better connections than anyone of us."

Kirney nodded. "No problem. Just give me a complete list and I'll see what I can do for you. May I ask why you need that stuff?"

"For the wedding."

"What wedding?" Myn asked dumbstruck.

"You haven't heard?" Face asked.

"Heard what?"

Face and Wes exchanged a smile. "Wedge and Iella are going to marry."

Kirney emitted a squeal of delight while Myn was merely staring at his friends with open mouth. After a short while Kirney found her voice again.

"Now that are some really good news," she said grinning. Although she never met Iella she considered Wedge to be a very good friend and knew of his part in getting back to Myn.

"I didn't think they would see the light," Myn commented.

"You know Corellians, Donos. Thick-headed, proud, arrogant ..." My

16. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    oh wonderful ending Thor. Hmm Kolot=Kettch :D How wonderful!

17. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    that was simply marvelous. :D

Uncle Wes, LOL. Poor Myn . . .

LAVENDAR SHORTS!!!

great job. sequel soon!

18. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
    It's finished! [face_shocked]

Yay! Amnesty!

Aah! Ewok mush!

LOL! Leiutenant Kettch!

:D

19. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Amnesty! *cheers*

Lt. Kettch!! *howls*

End of story!!! *wails*

~Rogue

20. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    Oh Dear God...I feel soooo sorry for Wedge and Iella when the wedding finally rolls around...and the reappearance of the lavender shorts! Wooo!

:D Loved this story, thor...gonna miss it...write a sequel? Please please pretty please? With a cherry on top?

-JSD

21. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Hehe .. I can already say that the lavender shorts will make a totally different appearance than you possibly think [face_devil]

22. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *UP*

Just in case someone missed the end ...

23. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Lovely ending. And it was SO good to see the lavendar shorts - well not exactly SEE them but they were there in spirit. I enjoyed the touches of humour and the balance between this and emotion. Nice work.

Janson and Loran nodded smiling. There were days that were just far better than others. I really liked that line. It shows such a lot about the two men - that they've been through a lot; that they're caring guys at heart; that they have a bond forged from good and bad times. It's little touches that like this that make the difference between a good story and a great one.

Cool story, guys. Thanks. :)

24. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Hi All,
    Yes, my Kinder form down under has returned and is already planning another trip!
    I'm really pleased with everyone's reaction to Beshi and Kolot's romance. Fear not, we have more adventures in store for our favorite Correliians and friends!
    Thanks for reading!
    Reb

25. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Aww! Great ending! :D

Yay, Kirney's got amnesty!

And Lt. Kettch. Man, that's gonna be priceless. :p

YubYub and TG- Protecting fangirls from hormonally gifted fanboys since 2002

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.