main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Friends, collectors, countrymen, lend me your ears!...

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Sithman, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Seems like lots of people are finally getting theirs shipped.

How many altogether?

Oh, and yes, everyone has to take pics of what they put inside THEIR gunships when they get them! w00t! :D

2. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Mine has been shipped, and should be here either Monday or Tuesday!
    :D
    And Sithman, I think we can all give you credit for making us all want this toy so bad. I'll be the first to say....... thank you.

~Saber_Holder~

3. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    YES! I can take the credit for making 5 internet friends go temporarily insane!!!!

:p

4. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

lol. My (real life. not internet) friends are getting quite annoyed with my Gunship ranting!!

~Saber_Holder~

5. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Mine were too. :D When I finally got it they were teasing me to death. :p

6. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I was carefull of which friends I said it around though. I don't think my punky biker friends would let me live something like that down. :p

~Saber_Holder~

7. josheee

josheee Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2002
    I can't give Sithman the credit for making me want the Gunship, I will have to give that credit to AOTC, because as soon as I saw the scene in the movie with Yoda flying in, I started immediately hoping they'd make that toy. And to Sirstevesguide for posting the first pictures of it that I saw.

I'll tellya what I'll give you the credit for though Sithman....you posted the first scale picture of this baby next to another vehicle I have, and that's REALLY cool. No one ever does that. You also made me really jealous because you got yours before me!!!

:)

Hopefully mine will show up this week. I'll be waiting by my doorstep just in case. IN the meantime, I'm checking the toy stores, and if I happen to see one, I may just have to have TWO in my collection.

8. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I just bought another red clonetrooper at Ames last night for my Gunship :) . I need to find some white preview ones though. Some guy on the rebelscum boards had a scene set up with like 21 clonetroopers! :eek:

~Saber_Holder~

9. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I dont know if you can find the preview clones anymore.But I heard if you can find them, their real cheap ;)

10. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I see them around once in a while. I'm getting out of school, and going into the city this Thursday (for an orthadonist appointment), so I'm going to go to a bunch of stores for an action figure hunt. I'll have to buy 2 or 3 clones if I see them. I think my Gunship is coming TOMARROW!!! :D I don't know how I'm going to sit through school all day waiting.

~Saber_Holder~

11. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    You go to college sithman? :eek:

Finally you got the gunship!

I need one now!!!

(i dont have $40 though ARRRRRRRRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

12. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Sithman , your 16, and you go to college? Weird.

~Saber_Holder~

13. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    double weird!

14. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Yeh, just a couple of classes. That way, by the end of my senior year in college, I'll have done a credit year of college already! :)

15. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

So what grade are you technically in? I'm 15, and I'm a Freshman in high school. [face_blush] :(

I never stayed back a grade, but like a lot of parents, mine had me have two years of kindergarden (the first year was half days), and just the time of the year I was born in made me like a year late for signing up for school. It sucks.

~Saber_Holder~

16. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    Eh, I'm a junior in high school, I'm young for my grade (16), so that means I get an even more headstart on stuff after my 4 year college! :)

17. josheee

Aug 16, 2002
    Come on guys, you're making me feel old.

I'm 27 over here. Although I'm glad to see that there's a new generation of Star Wars fans who weren't even born yet when the movies were out.

That's the kind of crap my Dad used to say to me about things like GI Joe when I was a kid.......and now I'm saying it about Star Wars.

Almost brings a tear to the eye....hehehe. Oh wait, that must just be because my gunship hasn't gotten here yet. :)

18. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Your lucky Sithman . I'm turning 16 in February. But that means I'll be 18 in time for Celebration 3. My parents won't be able to stop me from going, and I won't have to worry about skipping any real important classes! (I live in Maine, so It's a tad hard to get to conventions)

:D

~Saber_Holder~

19. josheee

Aug 16, 2002
    In Transit
    Last Scanned on: Sep 9, 2002 2:47 P.M.
    Last Scanned at: CACH IL US

Sent on: Sep 6, 2002
    Shipped to: REDMOND, WA US

Wooohooooo!
    It's in a big brown truck on the way to me.

Happy Day...it's a happy day....

20. jango_joe

jango_joe Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2002
    im a freashmen but ill be 15 soon. im in all classes with older guys :)

21. lordvader10

lordvader10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    Mine is in Cach, IL as well too. Just a state away!!! (Missouri). Can't wait!

I'm 20, a junior in college, and you all make me feel old too! :) However, i was around for ROTJ...but was only 1.

--Nick

22. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Guess who got their Gunship today??

This thing rocks!! I love it! I can't wait till the deluxe clonetroopers and pilots come out! I'm in the process of setting up a scene on the top of my beuro (sp?). It looks really cool so far, but I need more clonetroopers (I only have two red ones), a couple of super battle droids, and one of those "Battle of Geonosis" posters to put behind it. I want another Gunship!!!!!!!

~Saber_Holder~

23. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    w0000000000000000000000t!!!! YOU ROCK, DUDE!

Isn't it HUGE? That was my immediated impression when I unpacked the mainbody/fuselage. [face_shocked]

Yes, white clonies DO look good in there. :D

24. _HothWampa_

_HothWampa_ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    man i want that thing so bad :D, but i'm one of those sixteen year olds that don't have a job yet :) my parents say that i have to get one this summer...then maybe i can buy a gunship

25. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

TEH GUNSHIP IS ELETE !!!!!!!1111

It really is immense. So far (with the doors open), I've been able to fit Yoda, Kit, Mace, Plo, Sasse, and 2 clonetroopers in the bay/ side doorways. I think I could get 1 or 2 more figures in it if I wanted too. I put the rest of my final circle Jedi survivors around it deflecting blaster shots, Padme's broken statue, two TPM battle droids (I used the clonetroopers rock things for their stands. They work great!), a dead headless jango, and a destroyed droid deeka around it. I'm still not done, but it looks damn cool so far! I LOVE how the side doors slowly, and smoothly open paralell to each other when you press the button! I don't really like how the bottom drops out though, and I think the handle is a tad too small. Still the best ship ever though!!!

~Saber_Holder~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.