main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Friends Forever (Vignette)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Nikita, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    Title: Friends Forever
    Author: Nikita
    Timeframe: pre-TMP
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Genre: Song-fic, AU, vignette
    Keywords: friends, first mission
    Summary: Obi-Wan has been knighted and is going on his first mission. Bant has a problem with that...
    Notes: This was just a little thing that came out while I was listening to a song that means a lot to me.

~~~~~

Packing up the dreams what God planted
    In the fertile soil of you
    Can't believe the hopes He's granted
    Means a chapter in your life is through

But we'll keep you close as always
    It won't even seem you've gone
    Cause our hearts in big and small ways
    Will keep the love that keeps us strong

~~~~~

Obi-Wan folded his last tunic and placed it on top of the pile that already filled his bag. Next he picked up the heavy cloak his Master... no Qui-Gon, had given him as a gift on his knighting day. He lovingly cradled it to his chest and he drifted away to the memories of yesterday.

Obi-Wan stood on the dais, waiting patiently for Master Yoda to finish his speech. He glanced around the crowded room, finding all his friend?s eyes. They all smiled at each other, giddy at the thought that they had made it through to being Jedi. Obi-Wan brought his gaze back to his Master, and noticed a slight sheen to the older man?s eyes. Obi-Wan quickly reached out a hand and enveloped his Master?s inside his own. Qui-Gon squeezed and forced a small smile out.

~~~~~

And friends are friends forever
    If the Lord's the Lord of them
    And a friend will not say "never"
    Cause the welcome will not end
    Though it's hard to let you go
    In the Father's hands we know
    That a lifetime's not too long to live as friends.

~~~~~

The Master was close to tears at the thought of his Padawan becoming a knight. He has grown so attached to the boy over the years that he considered him a son in all aspects, if not biological. He swallowed back his tears and allowed a genuine smile to grace his face. Today was going to be filled with happiness, his Padawan deserved no less. He would keep his Padawan close always, nothing could stop them from keeping their friendship.

~~~~~

With the faith and love God's given
    Springing from the hope we know
    We will pray the joy you'll live in
    Is the strength that now you show

But we'll keep you close as always
    It won't even seem you've gone
    Cause our hearts in big and small ways
    Will keep the love that keeps us strong

~~~~~

Obi-Wan turned back around to listen to the end of the short Master?s long winded program. Butterflies attacked his stomach when he realized there was only one thing left to be done. Cutting his braid.

Qui-Gon took the ceremonial scissors from Master Windu and stepped towards Obi-Wan. The younger man fell gracefully to his knees, and gripped his hands behind his back. One snip and it was all over. The braid fell into his Master?s hand and as Obi-Wan stood up to greet the gathered people as a Knight, no tears fell from his Master?s eyes. Instead, only pride shown through the blue depths, shining as bright as any lighthouse.

Obi-Wan tucked the cloak into his pack next to the bag. He reached out to put away the last item. A holo of Bant, Garen, Reeft and himself after the ceremony. They all wore smiles bigger that stretched across their whole face. He gently placed the holo in his bag, and closed his eyes, reliving all the memories. His eyes were flooded with tears at the thought of leaving his friends and family. A knock at the door made his wipe away a few droplets that had snuck out past his closed lashes.
    He opened his door to find himself crushed in an embrace that would rival any others. He squeezed the figure back, trying to convey his emotions in this last hug. Bant?s sobbing filled his ears, making his heart break. Obi-Wan quickly pushed her back, trying to get a look at her face.

Bant stepped back and frantically tried to wipe away the moisture that had gathered on her face.

?Obi, I

2. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    NO MORE SAPPY SONG!!!!!

Cute fic, depressing and hopeful at the same time. Who'd have thought?!

Aw, Bant's so cute. Poor thing, i miss Obi, too! :( 8-}

Another good one, Nik.

::Windstar Out::

3. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Bri~ I happen to like that sappy song very much! It brings back good memories! And you'd better get used to it, because it's on your CD you'll be receiving later... Thanks for the praise... you always make me feel loved!

4. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    UPPP!!!

5. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    ugh... this suckers a dud if I ever saw one...

6. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Heck I'll give it one last try... Up???

7. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Yes it's official... I'm a stupid shameless upper of my own fics... but I'm gonna lock this down since there's no one posting... but my mind wouldn't let me without one more up... :( anyone like it the tiniest bit?!??!

8. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    OMG that's so sweet I love Obi/Bant fics and this is great!

9. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    :::checks on thread, sees a reply:::

OMG!!!!!! SOMEONE READ IT!

Thanks so much! You don't know how much it means to me that I have a reader... kisses to you!

:::muah muah muah:::

:::runs out of thread jumping and yelling happily:::

10. DarthKimballDreamer

DarthKimballDreamer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    NIKITA!!!
    Don't lock it!
    I love that song, a LOT...it was my 8th grade graduation song and more recently a song for our Fellowship...

This was such a sweet vignette...sad, but hopeful, and VERY well written. I enjoyed it VERY much :D Congrats!!!

**Hugs & snuggles!**
    ~**Kimball**~

11. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    That was very good Nikita. Very nicely written, i wouldn't mind reading any more work of yours. :)

12. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    Kimball~ Hey babes! Thanks! That song was a song we'd listen to every year at band camp when the seniors realized it was their last year... very sad and teary! But it brings back so many great memories!

Darth_Elu~ Thanks so much! If you want to read more of my work... check out my profile, they're listed there! :)

13. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Very sweet. :)

14. Nikita

Oct 14, 2001
    obi_ew~ Thanks! :)

15. Ewok-From-Endor

Ewok-From-Endor Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2003
    That's very sweet. :)

16. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    I liked the interaction between Obi and Bant! It was sweet. And his memories, it shows they all really care for each other.

I like the song too!

~Bek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.