main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Friends Like These (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Apr 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    wow...it took me a few days to find this story...I can't believe it!

the torture was wonderful Jane, and I'm looking forward to the senator's reaction to Obi when he shows up at the safe-house in his current condition....

:D

2. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
  3. Lisse

Lisse Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2001
    *winces in sympathy* Ouch. Oh, dear. How is Obi-Wan going to get out of this one?

4. The_CPCJ

The_CPCJ Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2001
    While this story -does- have an engaging plot, We of the Council for Prevention of Cruelty to Jedi must protest the gratuitous torture of an innocent Jedi apprentice. As soon as those responsible for this reprehensable behavior are caught, they will be punished in accordance with their crimes.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled post.

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    CPCJ: I wouldn't exactly say this torture was gratuitous. To my mind, there is a perfectly good reason for it! But you make me wonder if I am seriously offending you, or whether you're just doing this for a laugh. In any case, you can relax now, because the worst is over.

And thank you, everybody else, for replying. I know I'll forget somebody's name if I try to list you off individually, but I appreciate each and every one of you.

The swoop shot forward like a blaster bolt. It was so natural for Obi-Wan to surrender himself to the Force when he was flying that he all but forgot about the pain in his body and his hand. He was aware of every pole that connected the framework to the ceiling of the cave and kept his swoop on a course that led between two rows of them, reading the markings as he flashed by. Keeping his speed, he dodged to the left several times, moving the swoop from one corridor to another in order to reach the narrow part where one cavern ended and the next one began.

From there, he braked once for a sharp turn to head in the direction of the neighbourhood where the house was located, then picked up speed again until the markings showed him that he was only a few poles away from where he needed to be. Slowing down, he began to glance around for an access hatch, and spotted one a little to his left. Letting the swoop hover over it, he brought the Force to bear on the security lock, then dropped through, almost directly onto the roof of the shop where he?d bought the mineral water. It only took a few seconds to guide the swoop down the street to the safe house. Seeing Jerrup?s speeder outside sent a wave of despair through him, but he parked the swoop next to it anyway and dismounted stiffly.

The door to the house was open and Obi-Wan walked through, fearing that he?d come too late. It must have taken longer than he?d thought to free himself, he thought unhappily, and he shouldn?t have wasted time by getting dressed. Two steps into the living room, he saw and heard several things at once. With his Force-enhanced senses, he could distinguish the sounds of blaster fire and light saber hum from the upper story of the house, and at the same time, he saw Jerrup standing next to the Senator, threatening him with the hilt of Obi-Wan?s own light saber and demanding,?Where is the other information, the other proof of corruption that you have? Tell me, or I?ll switch this thing on and it?ll go right through your precious bladder!?

"I--I?ll show you, it?s--it?s here, I?ll show you--!?the Senator stammered, gaping at his Aide and no doubt trying to process the fact that he had been betrayed by someone whom he?d trusted so much. As soon as he caught sight of Obi-Wan entering the room, his eyes and expression changed from fear to relief and hope. Jerrup turned to see what he was looking at, and stared at the Jedi in sheer astonishment for a moment. Then the blaster fire from above ceased abruptly, and Qui-Gon began to come down the stairs. Obi-Wan recognised that he?d taken care of the other two Sullustans and was now checking for any other danger. Looking panicked at the sound and obviously unwilling to engage a Jedi Master in a fight, Jerrup let go of the Senator and rushed towards Obi-Wan. Pushing him out of the way, Jerrup managed to not only knock him backwards into the wall, but also to savagely attack Obi-Wan?s injured hand with the hilt of the light saber, and then he was gone, disappearing out the door. Briefly paralysed by the explosion of pain through his body, Obi-Wan had no chance of stopping him. He was only vaguely aware that Qui-Gon had pushed past him in pursuit of the Sullustan.

"You fool!?Senator Yirrit finally hissed.?You let him get away! You didn?t even fight back--some Jedi you are!?

Obi-Wan squeezed his eyes shut in despair, pulling his injured hand around so that he could hug it next to his body and cover it with his good arm. It was true, he?d let Jerrup get away. He could hear the speeder start up and roar away down the street even now. He?

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Oh Poor obi!

That was awful (in terms of torture) and yet sweet at the same time. Makes me fall in love with Qui-gon all over again, what a sweet, caring guy!

Great Jane

Kithera

7. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    such a wonderful post Jane! Keep it up!

8. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    <goes off in search of an evil little senator> Oops, I forgot, fictional character. Ah well. <goes back to her search>

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I knew Senator Yirrit would act a fool again the way he berated Obi-Wan for incompetence and was glad to see a more humane side when he saw the poor boy's injuries. And now he realizes just what the 'babdy Jedi' went through in place of him!

I loved seeing Qui-Gon's compassion for his padawan and his dedication to doing what was necessary...taking the Senator out first.

I hope the Senator appreciates what all is being done to secure his safety!

Spectacular post Jane!!! :)

10. Jedi-Faith

Jedi-Faith Jedi Master star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    Refresher tanks... interesting form of code! :) I'm glad the senator finally realizes that Obi isn't incompetent at all. Great post! More soon? :D

11. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    Oh Poor Obi. If Qui-Gon isn't going to take the transport, I guess it'll be just the senator and Obi as passengers. Why is it I don't think it'll be male bonding time between the two?

You did your torture research pretty well.

A little gruelsome trivia that I learned in college...

The hand has highest number of sensory nerves.
    The Romans kept crucified prisoners from escaping by either used a board as a "washer" or nailed in the heel of the hand or the wrist.
    A person can literally suffocate if left hanging with arms upright for prolonged periods of time. During crucification, hunger and thirst doesn't kill the prisoner. It's the slow suffocation. The reason why Romans broke the prisoner's legs if the prisoner hadn't died yet after a few days is to prevent the prisoner from lifting himself up and breathing properly.

12. Jeedai

Jeedai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2001
    Great torture, Jane!

13. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    wait, only two passengers? Does that mean that QUi isn't going with Obi and the senator...

uh-oh...

can't wait for more!

14. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Oh man, Jane! My heart is pounding and my palms are sweating! Great post!

15. HannahBates

HannahBates Jedi Grand Master star 1

Feb 20, 2001
    Wonderful post!

When that senator started yelling at Obi, I wanted to kill him. More, I wanted Qui-Gon to see how hurt Obi was and then SMACK the senator for his arrogant blindness. But that wouldn't have been a very Jedi thing for Qui to do, so I understand why he didn't. I still want that Senator to beg for forgiveness though.

Why isn't Qui going back with them? Is he going to hunt down Jerrod and show him that the number one rule is DON'T MESS WITH QUI'S PADAWAN?

Please, could we have some more, especially if it involves more hurt/comfort?

Hannah

16. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    From one moment to the next, Obi-Wan became aware of somebody shaking him, and the pain that shot through his torso and hand was excruciating.

"Stop,?he managed to croak, and to his surprise, his tormenter did.

"You?re alive! Thank the Maker!?

Opening his eyes, Obi-Wan looked up to see Senator Yirrit bending over him, and could not suppress a groan of dismay.

"I thought you were dead! You weren?t breathing, I couldn?t feel your pulse.?Senator Yirrit stopped and looked at him.?But you?re all right.?

"Yes, I?m fine,?Obi-Wan affirmed. Being diplomatic never counted as lying.

"Here, let me help you sit up,?the Senator offered, seeing that he was trying to move.

"No, thank you, I can manage,?he said hoarsely.

The Senator put his arm around him anyway and pulled, then let go again quickly as Obi-Wan screamed.

"Sorry, I seem to have hit a sore spot,?he said.

Obi-Wan waved his good hand weakly to indicate he accepted the apology, and waited until the explosion of agony had slowly died away before unclenching his jaw.

"Can I get you anything? Some water??

Astonished that the Senator was actually offering to do something for him, instead of demanding that Obi-Wan get up and get -him- something to drink, Obi-Wan managed to answer,?Yes, please.?

The Sullustan pressed the button that left the door in an open position as he went out, and Obi-Wan could hear him call down the corridor,?Master Jinn! Bring me that bottle of water and a cup, will you? Our little padawan is awake.?

Obi-Wan cringed at the phrase. A moment later, Senator Yirrit came back with a bottle in one hand and a cup in the other, stopping halfway across the room to pour a generous amount. Obi-Wan took it carefully in his left hand and drank deeply, feeling vaguely tempted to spit it out and exclaim,?This isn?t the kind of mineral water I usually drink!? just to see how the Senator reacted to getting a taste of his own medicine. But when he lowered the cup, he saw Qui-Gon standing in the doorway and was glad he hadn?t really considered being so rude.

"Thank you, Senator,?he said.?Master? I thought you were going to fly our own ship back??

"I traded places with the co-pilot from this ship.?Qui-Gon came into the room.?How are you feeling, padawan??

"He?s feeling fine now, all things considering!?Senator Yirrit answered before Obi-Wan could even open his mouth.

"All things considering??Qui-Gon asked mildly.

"Really, Master Jinn, I thought you would have taken better care of him! You kept telling me he was fine,?Senator Yirrit said accusingly, rounding on the Jedi Master,?but when I came in here just a minute ago, he was only a whisker?s breadth away from certain death!?

"He was??Qui-Gon looked wonderingly over to Obi-Wan, who rolled his eyes dramatically.

"I couldn?t see him breathing, I couldn?t find a pulse. Thank the Maker I managed to shake him back to life!?

"I thank you for your concern about my padawan?s wellbeing,?Qui-Gon said, looking him in the eyes with complete sincerity. Obi-Wan wondered just how long the Senator had waited while trying to feel his pulse, maybe as long as one second. While a healing trance did slow the heartbeat, it was nowhere near as reduced as in a hibernation trance.

"It?s the least I can do for what he?s gone through for me.?Senator Yirrit said.?Now why don?t you tell him what you told me??

"About what, Senator??

"About what will happen to Jerrup. I?m sure our little padawan will be as happy to hear it as I was.?

Qui-Gon did not look convinced, but replied patiently,?No doubt Jerrup will experience the natural consequences of his actions, though the Force has not revealed to me whether Sullustan Security or his employer will reach him first.?

"His employer. Definitely. He?ll be stringing Jerrup up and putting nails though both of -his- hands and beating the kriff out of him...?Senator Yirrit sighed contentedly at the thought, then pulled out his handkerchief to pat delicately at his lips.?Would you like some more water??

Obi-Wan accepted

17. Jedi-Faith

Jedi-Faith Jedi Master star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    LOL! I loved how Qui ended up saying "Yirritating" without realizing it! :D Wonderful ending! I think Obi-Wan is right; the senator is even scarier when he tries to help :)

18. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    That was very, very good Jane! I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it! ;)

19. LadyVorgunby

Sep 2, 2000
    LoL!

Qui saying Yirritating, and the foot in mouth disease!

great story Jane!

20. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    Qui-Gon called him Senator Yirritating!! LOL!!! :D

And poor Obi, his master just HAD to say that and make him laugh and hurt at the same time. :p

And loved the line:
    ?I?ll have to ask the Healers to let you stay an extra day or two in the infirmary. You?ve got Foot-In-Mouth Disease and it?s contagious!?

Hee Hee!!! Great fic Jane!!! :D :D :D

21. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Heehee! Great ending Jane! A little of everything in this one! Nice work!

22. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Finally caught up to this and now it's over. :( Ah well, the good thing is I didn't have to sit on the edge of my seat for long. Another good story that allowed me say, repeatedly, my favorite refrain, "Poor Obi."

23. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Great as usual Jane

24. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

A great little story Jane! I thoroughly enjoyed it! :)

My favourite bit was the complete turn around of Senator Yirrit. Poor Obi! From one extreme to the other!

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Now I know I replied on this one this morning!!!

Well, let me repeat how wonderful this post was. I loved how Senator Yirrit became demanding to Qui-Gon regarding their 'little padawan' and even threatened to go to the Council over mistreatment issues.

Fabulous story Jane! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.