main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Friends No More [Jag and Shawnkyr] - COMPLETE - Replies, 2/13/05!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Inara, Sep 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Oh, Inara darling!! Where have you gone?! This fic is so lovely, please give us more soon!!!

2. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    First off, I'd like to say how honored I am that so many of you nominated Friends No More for the 2005 Winter Fanfic Awards.

FNM has qualified in every category it's been nominated for:

Best Canon
    Best Romance
    Best All-around
    Best Epic
    Best Canon Interpretation, Male ? Jag Fel
    Best Canon Interpretation, Female - Shawnkyr
    Best Original Character, Male ? Athan
    Best Original Character, Male ? Thevan
    Best Original Character, Female - Marel
    Best Non-Human - Shawnkyr
    Best Ensemble Cast

Thank you so much!

Now on to the responses....

Have you gone undercover again, my dear? Or should I send out my agents to find you? [face_mischief]

Well, if it isn't, I''d be in half a mind to sue Microsoft.

*adds Gloria's name to the list*

I was going to make the pet feline, I really was. But then I spent some time researching what sort of animals live in tundra climates on frozen worlds in Star Wars...I really should have taken artistic license though, huh?

Soontir's in denial.

I was hoping someone would say that!

Well, I can tell you honestly that Jag and Jaina won't get together in the scope of this story. Don't hate me.

And I'm really attached to Athan too. I don't know what I was thinking when I introduced him to make him so congenial. If he were a jerk, the choice would be easy for Shawnie and me. But he's so wonderful, and he still wants Shawnie despite her relationship to Jag.

I think Athan's getting a little sentimental here, though I'm sure he'd deny it.

:_| Because now, no matter what I do, someone is going to get hurt.

I am evil.[face_devil]

It's interesting that you bring up Chiss/human offspring. I actually started a thread about that in Literature...my conclusion, after debating it with serveral people, is still inconclusive.

However, in the next post, Jag and Shawnie will address the matter of having children...

[face_laugh]When I was writing story notes for this fic, I actually thought about how the Fel family would behave. I really do think they wouldn't be rebels in their manners (perhaps they can be moved towards being rebellious ;)). So I tried to give them warmth mixed in with a formal and stern upbringing.

[face_batting]Now if only someone could tell Shawnie that...

Like I told Gloria ab

3. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    I get it now...you've been waiting for my review of your last post before putting up another one. I guess I owe everyone waiting an apology.:oops: Regardless, congratulations on all the nominations that germinated out of this fic. Well deserved!!!

How dare you not make Wynnsa perpetually the young little girl in this fic. You mean she ages just like everyone else? How come? (that was a compliment, by the way)... I, also, liked that you have her following in the military path. I would have expected nothing else. I'm sure her mother would have tried to discourage it...but I can see Soontir having that argument with his wife "Syal, it was good enough for me, and her siblings...why should I discourage Wynnsa from pursuing such a noble path?" (Syal invokes three day silent treatment before admitting her fears of losing another child)...Lots unsaid in words, but understood by the reader. I like that sort of thing.

The Fel kids and the good natured teasing. In truth, that's how I see the Fel family interacting. None of this touchy feely stuff, but good natured caring wrapped up in a few good barbs...I tend to follow the same path in my own fics...and I so love writing Fel stuff because they are a mysterious brood with a lot more color than for which they are given credit due to limited word space. Nice job again...

Wynnsa isn't bound by the protocol and expected behavior that seems to bind the others in her family...and that nuanced view is refreshing to the reader...as it was to Jag I believe. It is right within her character..and the independent streak that seems to outdistance the other Fel siblings. What do you know, you can distinguish different personalities between them...how did that happen? (another backhanded compliment there)

He drained his wine before rising to poor himself something stronger. ?Yes, it is, especially when the woman in question is a Chiss.? Soontir groaned. ?First it was that infernal Jedi Joiner, and now it is the daughter of one of my Chiss colleagues. Syal, how did Jag turn out to be such a blockhead??

[face_laugh] Can't fool me, Soontir. You go courting holostars and have to exile yourself to the antithesis of Disney Land and spend most of your time shoveling the walk...Ain't buying it.

She smiled slightly. ?I thought you told me to ignore logic for this moment.?

He feigned innocence. ?Why, so I did.?

*har* I like Thevan...A bit more liberal than his counterparts, and truly comes across as caring about Shawnkyr's future and that includes that pesky little emotion of happiness.

Nice post Inara...looking forward to more....

Trep

4. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    Inara, just waiting patiently for another of your lovely posts!

5. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Thanks for making us wait, Trep. :p

[face_laugh]When I first started writing this fic, I also had Wyn as a young teen...and then I realized that Wyn would be near her twenties now. In fact, I think I still delayed her age because she should have been in the military by 17 at least. And yes, Syal isn't happy that her daughter is following in the military footsteps, but there isn't much else to do on Csilla, especially if you are a human brought over by the Nuruodo family's good graces...

Thanks. I really like writing the Fels...perhaps because they are mysterious, I can write them as a family that doesn't have serious pyschological problems, like the Solo/Skywalker clans.

I might have made Wyn older, but she will always be the bratty younger sister who is more ambitious and adventerous than her older brothers.

[face_laugh]

It is pesky, isn't it? He is liberal, and that was done deliberately. I've always held the opinion that the Nuruodo clan is more open-minded, judging from the people who come out of it, and also from their military nature. Integration always occurs in the military first, at any rate.

And...Shawnkyr's mother is Chiss enough. I wanted to give her at least one parent that came close to understand, if not totally.

Wait No More...a post is here, my love! [:D]

6. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    ~Chapter 17~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To love is to lose, the moment we agree to the bargain. And as humans, we stand there waiting to lose more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CEDF Orbital Platform - Csilla

?You are here early, Soontir.? The Baron looked from where he was next to the conference room window to behold Thevan standing near the doorway.

?So are you, Thevan,? he said equally carefully. By addressing each other with their first names meant they could avoid the more formal overtones of conversational etiquette. ?The meeting does not start for another twenty minutes.?

Thevan nodded. ?I find it easier to collect my thoughts before leading a most troubling debriefing,? he said. Adjusting the cuffs of his black uniform, he moved to stand next to Soontir, and for a few quiet moments, both looked over the frozen Csillan landscape.

?So your news?is not welcome.? It was more of a statement than a question

?No, it is not. Suffice it to say that we will be facing a greater number of Killiks than we had originally anticipated.?

Soontir?s thoughts fled to Jag, who would soon be leaving for the border. Because his fleet was in nearest the main Killik force, Jag would engage with the enemy first. ?I had been hoping for a more expedient end to this war,? he remarked.

Thevan seemed to agree. ?I did as well. But from what I understand, Research and Development has engineered better weapons for our troops. So perhaps we can still retain our edge.?

?Is that hope speaking, or certainty??

?Why, certainty, of course,? replied Thevan, the pause in his response indicating his surprise at the question. ?I would never base an assessment on hope.?

?Then what should they be based upon?? asked Soontir.

The Chiss general gave him a long look, as if wondering if his friend were being defeatist or playing the devil?s advocate. The silence between them continued, and Soontir realized that Thevan had no intention of supplying an answer. What Soontir had asked was one of those wisdom-forming questions that each person needed to decide on his own, and each person?s answer would be different.

Instead, Thevan said, ?When I first welcomed you to Csilla, we had a similar discussion on hopes ? on false hopes, if I remember correctly.?

Curious at where his friend was going with this, Soontir nodded. ?Yes, that is correct. And I said that there was no such thing as false hope since everything is possible.?

?Such an unorthodox statement made me like you all the more, and you became more than my colleague and ally that day; you became what I consider to be a friend.? Thevan?s admission astonished Soontir, who rarely if ever heard his friend speak with such sentiment.

?I have always counted your friendship an honor,? he replied gravely.

Thevan kept his gaze fixed to the horizon outside. ?As have I. But we may become more than friends.? He turned his head to focus his red eyes on Soontir?s dark ones. So he knows. Unsure of how to proceed, Soontir allowed Thevan to lead the conversation. ?That day when we met, I never imaged that it might come to this?and I can say that my wife is not pleased that it has.?

?The developments took me by surprise as well, but Syal and I stand by Jagged, and we have ever held Shawnkyr as one of our own,? said the Baron honestly.

Thevan nodded again, his face still unreadable. ?I cannot speak for Marel, but I too will support my daughter should she choose this?path, and know that I have always born a special fondness for both your sons.? He expelled a breath, as if coming to terms with what he was going to say. ?That is why I can say that I will be just as honored to have you as my kinsman, should Shawnkyr and Jagged choose to unite.?

A great weight was lifted off of Soontir?s chest. He knew how much it cost Thevan to admit this, and he knew how much he wished that he did not have to. If Shawnkyr did marry Jag, Thevan would also be facing some social sanctions ? a situation not at all helped by the fact that his wife was a close relati

7. TrillianTK

TrillianTK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2005
    Stealing first like a...um...Inara does on steroids! Yeah. I'll be back to review later though.

8. stickster

stickster Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2005
    Wheeee second!

9. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    By addressing each other with their first names meant they could avoid the more formal overtones of conversational etiquette. I like the tone being set. I would have been more worried if Thevan was more formal. As I?m sure you tire of my continued praise of your writing (well then again, maybe not), I just want to say that I love Thevan. I wish my dad was more like him, reasonable and sensible. Shawnie?s a lucky gal. I love all of your characterizations!!

?Why, certainty, of course,? replied Thevan, the pause in his response indicating his surprise at the question.
    Even though he didn?t mean it, I had to chuckle at Thevan?s almost humorous confidence. . .

?Such an unorthodox statement made me like you all the more, and you became more than my colleague and ally that day; you became what I consider to be a friend.? Thevan?s admission astonished Soontir, who rarely if ever heard his friend speak with such sentiment.

?I have always counted your friendship an honor,? he replied gravely.
    I was grinning at this exchange. It?s nice to see that not only can the Fels bring out the Kyrn we all know and love, but now they can also bring admissions from other members of her family. I also love how you?re creating such a friendship between the two fathers ? we knew it was there, but it?s nice to see them admitting to it. I?m glad both of them like each other so well ? it really bodes well for Jag and Kyrn.

?As have I. But we may become more than friends.? He turned his head to focus his red eyes on Soontir?s dark ones. Potential fathers-in-law. Excellent. Glad to see Thevan?s the one bringing it up.

?That day when we met, I never imaged that it might come to this?and I can say that my wife is not pleased that it has.? Yeah well. . . Marel can stick it where the sun doesn?t shine, lol.

Thevan nodded again, his face still unreadable. ?I cannot speak for Marel, but I too will support my daughter should she choose this?path, and know that I have always born a special fondness for both your sons.? He expelled a breath, as if coming to terms with what he was going to say. ?That is why I can say that I will be just as honored to have you as my kinsman, should Shawnkyr and Jagged choose to unite.?

A great weight was lifted off of Soontir?s chest. He knew how much it cost Thevan to admit this, and he knew how much he wished that he did not have to. If Shawnkyr did marry Jag, Thevan would also be facing some social sanctions ? a situation not at all helped by the fact that his wife was a close relative to one of the more traditional minded Inrokini politicians.
    That almost calls for a guy-bonding-hug right there. I love that Thevan is willing to sacrifice his social status for his daughter?s happiness, and is willing to admit that to Soontir. They?re going to be best of friends, I can tell.

Soontir himself he did not quite approve of Jag?s choice, but like any father, he wanted his children to be happy. With Thevan?s approval, Jag was now one step closer to his heart?s desire.

Of course, several more obstacles lay in his path, most notably Shawnkyr herself, who was still undecided on how she should proceed. But Soontir, now aware of the affection between the two friends, had paid closer attention to the Chiss pilot, and he had been relieved to see more than ordinary warmth in her eyes when she regarded Jag.
    I?m glad to see that this relationship isn?t going to be as utterly taxing and angst-filled as it could be. Should you decide to continue the relationship, of course.

Commander Lima?nak?osk was taking Shawnkyr?s place. I don?t like Anako already and we?ve not even been introduced or anything. [face_laugh] Hmm Marel is quite the uberbitch (sorry, it?s the only word that I could use to accurately describe her!:p ) and I must say, I would like to volunteer myself for Jag and Kyrn?s Secret Assassin Squad, first mission to be tasked with is the elimination of Kyrn?s mother . . . [face_m

10. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    It's nice that everything will work out for Jag and Shawnkyr with only Shawnkyr's mother opposing the union. It's nice they both found happiness. Great job!

11. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Athan walked away?!:eek: :_|

I can't add to that. I'm too distraught. More next chapter.

12. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    I feel like a spice addict sneaking into the Kessel system for a fix...

I can't go into depth right now...but I wanted you to kneo that it was worth the wait and I'm so excited by what I read.

I lurv'd the convo between Jag and Athan, he is a good guy....

And I loved the convo between Thevan and Soontir, how difficult it is as a parent to step back and watch your child make decisions that you don't neccessarily agree with...expecially after you've spent their whole lives working to make life easier for them thatn it was for you. My kids are still little, but man...I can't even imagine. The killer is that it's not like Jag and Shawnie are doing anything bad by loving each other, it's just going to be difficult to get over the social prejudices

Anyway, another fantastic chapter and I'll go into more detail when I'm allowed near the computer again.

Fee

13. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    Only one chapter??!! :_| No, there must be more!! Sequal, I demand it!!

I can't say how pleased I am with this fic, it's such a great characterization of Jag Fel, and I'm so glad to see him come to his senses and deny Jaina. I haven't read past The Final Prophecy, but now I'm actually motivated to do so.

Great post Inara, can't wait for more!

14. Thrawn3333

Thrawn3333 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    Oh my, this was the chapter I've been waiting for. Jag's proposal was so touching, yet so fundamentaly reserved and Chiss like - there wasn't a passionate embrace or a ring or him going down on his knees - just an acknowledgment that these two belong together.

I'm not at all unhappy that Athan walked away - he did it gracefully and with dignity. He lost someting he never had in the first place, and it would have been out of character for him to come to blows - he's Chiss, not Kyp Durron.

The battle sequences were good - I loved the tie to canon :)

I'm SO GLAD that he's over Jaina. Sorry, I don't like her and never will like her, and Jag's far too good for her. I'm happy that he's finally recognized that.

15. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    Had to post this -

It was time that Friends No More had new cover art. Thanks to Trep and TrillianTK for their help. [:D]

[image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/Inara47/FNM21-vi.jpg]

16. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Excellent cover art! Who are the two people you cast as Jag and Kyrn??

17. JediTristan

JediTristan Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Hahah, one of the more subtle proposals i've seen.

Hoo, boy, was my brain a mess of shipper conflict in this post. Seriously, it was like the battle of Trafalgar mixed with (American) Civil War ironclads. Damn the torpedos!

Anyway, I love being able to side with both worthy (and unworthy) women. It's so hard to choose!

Love the casual intimacy between j/s. Really got to me, it did, more so than the sex (isn't that always the way?) and made me believe them.

Jag isn't casual lightly, eh?

Hahah. You rock. Carry on, Captain! *salutes British style*

(british style is palm out. Don't ask how I know, it involves geekiness and band memories best repressed. *ahem*)

EDIT: nice cover art! Look at Wentworth bein' all angsty!

Wow, never woulda thought of Jennifer Connelly for Shawnie...interesting....

18. TrillianTK

TrillianTK Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2005
    Well, I promised a review today, and as much as I'd like to be killed off in a rather underwhelming way in a fic, here ya go:

Unsure of how to proceed, Soontir allowed Thevan to lead the conversation. ?That day when we met, I never imaged that it might come to this?and I can say that my wife is not pleased that it has.?
    Ah. The mother in laws. Jag needs to figure out how to bribe her into liking him, and fast!

?Then we are in accord over this matter,? he said. ?I feel less burdened now that I know you accept Jag?s love for Shawnkyr. And if he is fortunate, perhaps he will win hers before long.?

Yeah. Don't think that's going to be too difficult. Now winning a pair of her panties could take a bit more convincing.

She went to her closet and pulled out the extra uniforms and the few casual clothes she had left on the Cselarn, and entering her refresher unit, she cleared away the bottles and soaps that lay neatly on the counter.

I must say that I like this intro a lot more than "putting down her fruit," though that still has some very dirty connotations in my mind now.

?If this were the battlefield, you would have been dead ten times over.?
    If this were AHP, she would be. Good thing Jaina's far, far away.

Neither of them had moved. They were still awkwardly standing in the kitchen area.
    And then rushed into each other's arms and made hot, sweaty love?

He came forward slowly, almost uncertainly, as if afraid that she would bolt.
    Oh, trust me. She won't. What girl would?

?See, I do not want to give you just a house. I would like to give you a home someday, when you are ready for it??
    Me=:_| It's so beautiful!

She did know that, which was why she was afraid. Ground assaults were always dangerous, and she would not be there to protect him. Worse, should he become a prisoner of the Killiks?

Then she, Jag, Jaina, and Zekk would have an even more odd relationship. I'm fairly certain Zekk would go insane. Poor boy. Poor tall, muscular, extremely handsome, single boy.

She might have demanded more, but somehow she was in his arms, her face muffled against him as he held her close. His large, warm hands rubbed her back soothingly, and his nearness overwhelmed her senses. The lean, solid body accommodated her own curves, the deep thrum of his voice caressing her bones as he murmured her name.
    I have a weird affinity for the word "thrum." Thank you for using it.

Only the faintest pressure of his palm under her chin brought her mouth up to meet his in a sweet, lingering kiss, more intense than many of the touches they had shared.

"Promise me that you will do your best to come back," she whispered.

"Then give me something to come back to," he demanded softly.

I LOVE THIS. Why were you so scared of writing romantic scenes again?

"Yes,? she told him, and the sudden, joyful tightening of his arms around her made her smile. She was not sure if she were making the best decision, but that it should bring him any happiness made it seem right.
    Aww...Shawnie's so far in love with him, it's adorable. Not to mention, this summarizes why J/J doesn't work in my mind. I can't see Jaina making such a major decision that she isn't sure about purely for Jag's benefit.

Jag was about to cut the transmission when he was prompted to add, ?And Carnen ? do not be stingy with the aerial bombardment. Remember that turbolaser shots are free.?

With a slight smile, Jag nodded at Celan and boarded the drop ship. As they fired their thrusters and rose to the air, Jag looked at his chronometer. ?Lieutenant, begin your approach.? As the pilot complied, Jag spoke into his comlink. ?All units ? mission code Extermination is now commencing. Again, Extermination is now commencing.?

Military Jag is incredibly awesome.

And to continue...

Rising, he brushed away as much sand as he could, and with all the dignity he could muster, he walked towards his rescue party.
    Hehehe. Silly Jag. Don't you know t

19. ImperialSpy

ImperialSpy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2005
    :eek:

Inara, you updated two fics in one week??

Good. You used to update a lot faster than before. :p

I'm so excited to read this post - I have to run and get some dinner, but I'll be back for a long awaited reading session!!

20. Trepidation

Trepidation Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2005
    First of all...I love the cover you did for the story...(or re-did)... You just broke the glass ceiling and made Chiss women HOT!!!!

[image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a7/Inara47/FNM21-vi.jpg]

(CSILLA)

I liked the tension you created between friends (Soontir and Thevan) due to the unusual circumstances. At first, I thought it was an embarrassment of sorts. But, it was more structured and ritual than that. In short, both Father's had to admit, in some way, to the other that they would accept a Jag/Shawnkyr union. That falls into line with a watered down version of arranged Unions to some effect, which fits perfectly here since emotion has seeped in between the two pilots... The scene developed really, really well with both men somewhat relieved before moving to their meeting.

I found it poignant that neither knew the position of the other until they both said their piece. Nice!!!

SOONTIR: ?The developments took me by surprise as well, but Syal and I stand by Jagged, and we have ever held Shawnkyr as one of our own,? said the Baron honestly.

THEVAN: Thevan nodded again, his face still unreadable. ?I cannot speak for Marel, but I too will support my daughter should she choose this?path, and know that I have always born a special fondness for both your sons.? He expelled a breath, as if coming to terms with what he was going to say. ?That is why I can say that I will be just as honored to have you as my kinsman, should Shawnkyr and Jagged choose to unite.?

And then, the telling line where both men let out their held breath realizing that neither is opposed...

At that moment, other Chiss officers drifted into the room. The Baron and the general moved away from the window, both fathers surprisingly content.

I just thought it was kind of cool that you showed the repercussions of the unorthodox union in a political, emotional, and parental fashion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(RHIGAR)

Nice attention to detail on the little things that make this fic fun to read. For example, a simple little comment stating that bacta isn't very plentiful in the Unknown Regions...and highly valued. I, also, found it interesting that Shawnkyr has, now, moved to a place where she curses her mother for intervening and getting her transferred. While, on the surface, it is reflective of her dedication to having their best on the line...and her talents being required where she is...there is the underlying tone that she has other more personal motives for that disapproval. It was kind of funny that Jag could hide a gift in such a non-common area and be assured that she would still find it. Methodical and thorough Kyrn as always.

She finally did turn to nod at him mutely. His black hair was slightly long, as if he had not yet found the time to visit a barber, and his normally pressed uniform had a few crinkles. All in all, not a very neat picture. Yet he was quite possibly the most welcome sight she had seen in days.

I liked this paragraph because it showed a number of things...Kyrn didn't dwell on appearance, but instead was focused on who appeared. And, rather than just accepting the unusual "rag tag" appearance, she was elated that he was there. Nice mix that highlights a change in her priorities... It was great to hear that Jag went to her father to learn something about her that he hadn't previously known, and more so that Thevan volunteered the personal discretion... That was very understated, but showed that her father was supporting them...if not boosting her. Jag, on the other hand may very well have made his full committment in the very act.

The introspection of the characters in this tense moment was great...as it has been throughout the story. Shawnkyr is debating in her head that she wants Jag to push more, while concerned that he actually will. Jag seems to be rather cautiously doing what he, no doubt, planned in advance. And, it is sad that they

21. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Ohhh... :eek: [face_love] [face_dancing]

Okay, now I owe you two coherent replies. :p But rest assured that I much enjoyed this one!

22. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    I forgot to say something the first time I read this chapter, but, I'll say it now.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG I <3 U OMG

Ahem. Setting aside all outbursts of effusive adoration, I have to say one more time that I think you are a peerless writer, or if you do have peers, then you are in an elite circle. This story is utterly astounding; even after everything that's happened, I'm still blown away by how real it feels.

I will reply in a more detailed fashion sometime later. You rock.

23. ImperialSpy

Oct 8, 2005
    Okay, I will sit down and review this, but I forgot to comment on the FANTASTIC coverart. No wonder Jag wants Kyrn, and no wonder she wants him!!

:*

24. AvenKiel

Oct 18, 2003
    Haha, I too love the word thrum. Reverberate's a good one too. Anything that imparts sound along with movement/vibration, and especially in correlation with Jag's voice... *sigh* [face_love] I love words in general, but you, Inara, have a great way of putting them together. More soon please!!!!

Sigh, Jaggie Darling. Now he gets to go find Shawnkyr!! Welcome home Sailor!! :p o_O

25. ImperialSpy

Oct 8, 2005
    ?So your news?is not welcome.? It was more of a statement than a question.

This made me nervous for a second because I thought he was talking about jag and Kyrn!

This question seems to be on two different levels...or am I reading it wrong?

?That is why I can say that I will be just as honored to have you as my kinsman, should Shawnkyr and Jagged choose to unite.?

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] FINALLY!!!! At least half the parental units agree, and so does Syal...who needs Marel anyway?

How must Thevan feel to see his cherished daughter choose someone who would only make Shawnkyr?s life harder?

This is so poignant. It's not even that Thevan doesn't like Jag...it's that he wants Shawnie to have a good life. He chose rightly when he found Athan - Athan would have taken care of her well, would have cared for her.

?I feel less burdened now that I know you accept Jag?s love for Shawnkyr. And if he is fortunate, perhaps he will win hers before long.?

I think you need to check to memo, Soontir. I'm pretty sure Shawnie's heart has no other place to go except to Jag.

Commander Lima?nak?osk was taking Shawnkyr?s place.

I hate her :mad:

And though she would not admit it, she was uneasy about Jag fighting in battle without her. They had always fought together, the two of them, except for the year during the Yuuzhan Vong invasion when he had stayed with the Alliance.

This is so adorable (I know, Chiss aren't adorable...but still). It shows how close they are to each other that they feel safest when they are together, whether in battle or in peace time. If that isn't love than what it?

she cleared away the bottles and soaps that lay neatly on the counter.

This line made me chuckle. Little details like this show how well you have Shawnie's personality down.

The voice was hoarse and a bit strained, and there was a slight tilt to the softly rounded vowels.

[face_love] That sounds really hot, actually.

His black hair was slightly long, as if he had not yet found the time to visit a barber, and his normally pressed uniform had a few crinkles. All in all, not a very neat picture. Yet he was quite possibly the most welcome sight she had seen in days.

Shawnie's in love....especially if she's overlooking the fact that Jag is ungroomed.

Restraining the urge to touch him...They were still awkwardly standing in the kitchen area...he reached out, but his hand only hovered in the air between them before it dropped to his side.

I like the understatement of these two. They could be all over each other, or holding each other, but this not-touching business really indicates intimacy here, the spine tingling, toe curling kind.

?Not just a house. Not if you really look at it. If you accept it, it is not just a house.? He took a deep breath, as if collecting his courage. ?See, I do not want to give you just a house. I would like to give you a home someday, when you are ready for it??

Okay, whoever proposes to me has to propose to me like that. And kudos for not making the proposal "human." It seemed so very Jg/Kyrn. Formal, but a hint of the intimacy that these two cultivated.

?My capacity for causing damage is not only limited to my skills in a clawcraft.?

[face_laugh]

A sudden constriction in her throat made her voice sound odd to her own ears...His voice sounded equally odd...she asked, blaming stress and fear for the thickening of her voice.

I love how you did this with the voice too. It's just so subtle. I love it.

She might have demanded more, but somehow she was in his arms, her face muffled

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.