ON Friends... Romans... People who know how to make good props... lend me your ears...

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Mert_Skywalker, Aug 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey hey. Thanks for reading. Ok, I'm cheap, I'll start off by stating the fact. Anyway, I would like to build a replica of the lightsabre Luke uses in ROTJ for under 20$ Canadian. If it's possible, please tell me, and I will give you great gratitude.

Thank you
  2. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    I can bring you my 148 page book on lightsaber plans.
    It lists everything you need at low prices.
    I'll give it to Nick and Graeme to pass on to you.
    JUST DON'T WRECK IT!!!!!!
  3. Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus

star 4
    haaa come on give the kid some good time trashing your canadian tire magazine.. ;)

it is entirely possible. the best way to replicate the upper part tough is to use the inside of an old 5¾ disk reader. there the best.

4. Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks Chris for the offer. And thanks Ultimez for your suggestion, but can I actually FIND a 5 3/4 drive anymore? Well, I'll do my best to find it. Thanks for your help.
  5. BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan

star 4
    My dad's school must have some of those old disks lying around. I'll see what i can do.
  6. TragicLad Jedi Padawan

star 4
    All those old drives had to go somewhere, and that somewhere is the dump. Call your city's works dept. to see if there's a specific depot for the disposal of old computer and office equipment and see if it would be possible to scour said place for a 5 3/4 inch drive.
  7. Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks for the help with the dump idea. Although, I do find it kinda funny the Toronto rep is suggesting I go to the dump considering the overflow of your own. I just think it's funny. Anyway, thanks for the advice.
  8. TragicLad Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Y'know, we could ship you some of our trash if you really, really wanted. ;)
  9. Woofer Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The biggest problem you are going to have is the price...

The Luke ROTJ sabre is best made on a metal lathe. I'm sure the exact measurements are out there somewhere... perhaps in Chris' book... (which *I* should take a peek at as well someday).

Finding someone with a decent lathe willing to do it for you for free will be the tricky (but certainly not impossible) part.

Of course, its more fun to build a 100% custom job like mine..

-John
    (still no pithy sig)
  10. Cristalia Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I think we used wooden dowels, cement, tubing, paint, and some other things once upon a time. They didn't last long, but man, they were fun. :D

Cris~
  11. AlienAcid Jedi Knight

star 6
    I used the lathe way once... and we used christmas lights as the blade :D
  12. Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Christmas lights? For fighting off Santa or something? How would that work exactley...
  13. AlienAcid Jedi Knight

star 6
    Used it to make the centers glow.

14. AlienAcid Jedi Knight

star 6
    Used clear pvc, and had attached that to the handle that had a latex grip, and actualy had put a plug in it that the button would light it up..

had to plug in the lightsaber, but at night in the backyard it kicked ass.

I spent lots of time in shop, I could make almost anything after seeing it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.