main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Friends, Until. Qui/Tahl. Romance, humor , "hot stuff" - Nommed "Best Romance & Author" - thanks!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Title: Friends, Until
    Author: Valairy_Scot
    Timeframe: Qui and Tahl are padawans
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn and Tahl
    Genre: Romance,humor, one-shot
    Keywords: Qui & Tahl, romance,
    Summary: Best friends become far more
    Notes: This is the strangest plot bunny to come out of one of my own stories, sparked by a healer's remark that healers are not surprised by anything. If you dislike pairings that are consumated, implied or not, please read no further, or at least don't post how much you dislike such.

Friends, Until

We were friends. Only friends.

Until.

I?d never known how erotic a thumb across lips could be. We?d had all the lectures and the classes. We knew Jedi weren?t encouraged to explore the physical, and certainly one got the sense that if one did, one shouldn?t enjoy it.

Yet if one could take simple pleasure in the sweet explosion of ripe Kandara fruit within one?s mouth when one was hungry, or the relaxation of slipping into Slumber?s arms when one was tired, why could one not take simple pleasure when other appetites asked to be sated?

The past and the present blurred together in this moment that it seemed I had waited all my life for.

I?d known Qui-Gon for years.

His first steps on unsteady legs were to me. My first were to him.

His discovery of the differences between the sexes brings me to laughter at the memory, though at the time my reaction was rather different.

?I?m a boy; look at what I?ve got.? He said it so importantly, like he?d discovered the mystery of life itself. ?You don?t have one.?

Didn?t I? If not, I wanted one, too. I looked - and I didn?t. Qui, dear Qui, said because boys had them didn?t mean anything. It just meant I was a girl. I wanted to cry, then, but I was impressed that he would show it to me. Years later I?d thought about showing him what I now had and he didn?t ? but one does not do that at that age. Innocence belongs to the young.

He gave me my first kiss when he was five. A boyish smack on the check followed by a giggle. I wanted to hit him. A boy ? ick. Instead, I giggled back.

I went past that ?boys are ick? stage rather quickly.

He taught me to play pranks on the crèche-masters and initiate masters. I taught him not to play tricks on Master Yoda.

He encouraged me to speak up more often, to not hang back. I tutored him in the one class he couldn?t quite master.

He was my best friend, and I was his. Qui and Tahl, Tahl and Qui. Where one was, so was the other.

We were best friends. We dared each other to do more and to be more and in some ways that prepared us for the demands our masters put on us when we were initiates no longer, but moving forward on the Jedi path. We didn?t spend as much time together as padawans. Life had changed.

Our friendship hadn?t. We were still best friends.

Qui-Gon grew. The boy with the promise of height and breadth turned into a young man of height and breadth. Childish innocence and childish joy, my Qui, was still there inside of him, but both had slid aside, to make room for determination and duty. The boy was becoming a man, whenever time between missions allowed us time together.

I, too, had changed, but it is harder to see change in yourself than in others.

Several years passed, several years of hellos and goodbyes. Several years with just moments to relive the past ? never a favorite pastime of Qui's ? and several moments to look forward to the future ? again, something not a concern of Qui?s. Most of our moments were spent, as always, in that moment, just being together and talking.

Just being Qui and Tahl, Tahl and Qui, best friends together again.

We talked, just once, about being padawans and our masters ? the personal side of that.

We had just finished sparring. It was becoming routine, and a shorter one each time. I lost. Under Master Dooku, Qui-Gon was becoming quite a proficient fighter. I?d already heard speculation that he might become one of

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Aha! Qui-Gon and Tahl learning how to play doctor when they're little and, uh, more advanced activities when they're older. Very sweet. :)

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely, those two are meant for each other. And you can see where Obi-Wan had his humor from.

Great vignette=D==D=

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was great. I loved the way they grew into each other. I also liked that Qui wasn't happy with Dooku but that he accepted it.

The last part was quite... hot. ;)

Lovely job.

5. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Aww, I loved that! [face_love]

Tahl and Qui are so cute and sweet together. [face_love]

Very wonderful! =D= @};- @};-

6. Obi-Gon_Skywalker

Obi-Gon_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

May 25, 2008
    ?I?m a boy; look at what I?ve got.? He said it so importantly, like he?d discovered the mystery of life itself. ?You don?t have one.?

[face_laugh] How adorable!!

I absolutely loved this. Very well written! =D=

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was sunning!

I loved the childish innocence maturing into the deep love of a true, good friend.

[face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love]

And it was nice to see Qui-Gon let down his guard and...allow himself to know passion. At least for once.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Another well written piece of work my friend! =D= Once again, you've been busy this weekend! A steamy way to start a Monday morning! :cool:

9. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    A beautiful one-shot, Valairy_Scot! Loved the humour you injected into the piece. :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Excellent, a little friendship turning to more.

I went past that ?boys are ick? stage rather quickly.
    Ummm I bet she did[face_blush]

You show me what you have and I will show you mineo_O

=D= =P~

11. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Just found this while brousing through the June New Stories index. Must have missed it the first time round.

And well... =P~ [face_love]

Loved every second of it! It's so well written and the way Tahl and Qui are together just makes your heart bleed all the more when you remember Tahl's altimate fate.

His first steps on unsteady legs were to me. My first were to him. That grabbed my heart right there and then.

He was my best friend, and I was his. Qui and Tahl, Tahl and Qui. Where one was, so was the other.
    Just being Qui and Tahl, Tahl and Qui, best friends together again.
    But always, there was us. Qui and Tahl, Tahl and Qui. Best friends, still
    . It was so beautiful and poignant the way you threaded these lines through the story. You amaze me with your talent! =D=

Jedi do not know passion. Whoever came up with that had never been kissed by Qui. [face_laugh]

And finally...

?I have something to show you,? I whispered as my hands slipped my tunic over my head and his eyes widened as his hands reached to caress me. ?Now show me what you've got."

Phew... (fans self) Hot stuff? You got that bit right! :D

Wonderful, wonderful work Valairy as always.

12. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    ardavenport: from innocence to passion...

earlybird-obi-wan: yes, they were meant for each other.

Dianethx: Hot, you say? Hot it was meant to be.

Bastet: I'm glad you liked it.

Obi-Gon_Skywalker:I'm so glad you loved it. It was fun to write.

Kelia:And it was nice to see Qui-Gon let down his guard and...allow himself to know passion. At least for once. You think it was only once? [face_shhh]

jedidas3: um, yeah, steamy and hot. Not like my usual fare, that's for sure.

Valiowk: I'm glad you liked the humor - all stories, even torture ones, need humor.

Gkilkenny: Growing up changes a lot of things, doesn't it?

glenstorm It was so beautiful and poignant the way you threaded these lines through the story. That was intentional, as I'm sure you realized.

13. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Oh, so beautiful, this slow growing of their relationship from best of friends to much more. It shows such a rich relationship and it felt so right when Qui-Gon asked - and how he asked, his thumb over Tahl's lips, then the kiss. And Tahl's response ... they are so in tune. Loved how you ended it, 'I have to show you something', bringing it back full circle to their childhood friendship.

And it made me very, very sad as well, sad that the Jedi would frown upon something as natural and beautiful as what they had.

(by the way, loved the little bit of Qui-Gon and Dooku thrown in and how he never talked about it again, not even with Tahl)

14. Anakin_Freak_Forever

Anakin_Freak_Forever Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2008
    Awwwwww[face_blush]
    I've got this sorta spicy feeling in my mouth after that:p

Soooo romantic[face_love]

Well Done@};- =D=

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm not sure how I missed this. But it's stunning. Simply stunning.

His discovery of the differences between the sexes brings me to laughter at the memory, though at the time my reaction was rather different.

Didn?t I? If not, I wanted one, too. I looked - and I didn?t. Qui, dear Qui, said because boys had them didn?t mean anything. It just meant I was a girl. I wanted to cry, then, but I was impressed that he would show it to me. Years later I?d thought about showing him what I now had and he didn?t ? but one does not do that at that age. Innocence belongs to the young.

=D=

16. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Seremela: It shows such a rich relationship and it felt so right when Qui-Gon asked - and how he asked, his thumb over Tahl's lips, then the kiss. And Tahl's response ... they are so in tune. Loved how you ended it, 'I have to show you something', bringing it back full circle to their childhood friendship.

It's very satisfying, I think, to make those full circles - back where one began, and yet at the beginning of another circle.

Anakin_Freak_Forever: Spicy, eh? Well, it was supposed to be.

VaderLVR64: Aw, Kim, you know how to make me [face_blush]

17. Valairy Scot

Sep 16, 2005
    Shameless bump as I haven't seen much "romancin'" on Before lately. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.