Beyond - Legends Friends? [Wes / OC (Lance) - uh... humor?]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jade_Max Jedi Master

star 5
    Disclaimer: It?s George?s sandbox, I?m simply destroying the sandcastles

Title: Friends?
    Author: Jade_Max
    Characters: Wes Janson, Lance (OC)
    Genre: Uh... dunno; humor?
    Era: X-Wing Trilogy (AU)
    Summary: Wes corners Lance to ask a very simple question: are they're friends?

Friends?

Lance stuffed the last of her gear back into the sac and turned, scanning the room to ensure she didn't miss anything. The clothing she'd worn on the undercover mission that had led to the upcoming battle lay across the bunk to be returned to whomever had supplied it, the barren walls the only witness to the faint smile that tugged at her lips as she remembered the expression on Wes Janson's face when he'd first seen her in it.

There was something so fundamentally appealing about unbridled and unabashed admiration from the handsome pilot; the man was good for a gal's ego.

With a shake of her head, she spied something sticking out from under the corner of the bunk and knelt, bending to reaching under the bed to collect it. Thus extended, a knock on the door gave her little pause. "Come in," she called, reaching for the object and thinking Jake was likely back from his last workout set. "It's open."

The door opened, shining light on the object, and Lance made a soft sound of disgust as it was revealed to be a piece of some kind of fabric - a remnant; nothing important.

"You know," dawled a voice behind her, "I could get used to this kind of welcome."

Casting a glance over one shoulder, Lance shot the man a glare. "One more wise crack, Janson, and I'll send you to the infirmary."

"Only if you promise to be my personal medic."

"And have us both miss the upcoming battle?" Crawling out from under the bed, Lance slapped at her legs to rid them of dust. "Neither of our squads would appreciate the absence."

"True," he sighed dramatically, offering her a hand up - which, to his amazement, she accepted. "Good mood?"

"Considering we're about to try and destroy the only link we know of that could possibly get us home to Earth?" Clasping her fingers around his wrist, Lance hauled herself to her feet with a nod and a half smile before releasing her grip. "Better than most."

"Most of your squad is pretty melancholy about the whole deal."

"Can you blame them?" Lance checked under her pillow, finding nothing, and then replaced it. "For all we know there will never be a better chance to get back to our own Galaxy than that ring - and we're going to willingly destroy it."

"So?"

Lance glanced his way before turning completely and leaning against the bed, her hands keeping her balanced against the mattress. "What do you mean, so? Don't you have any family, Janson?"

He shrugged. "Don't you?"

"Everyone I care about came with me on this trip."

"That doesn't answer my question."

"And you didn't answer mine," she shook her head and drew him back on topic. "By destroying that ring, it means Jason may never again find a way home to his wife and son; Michael will never see his mother, brothers and sister; Brianne will never see her parents - we'll all be considered MIA, possibly KIA. They all know the people they left behind will live in limbo, wondering if we're going to just pop back up some day."

"What do you mean the people they left behind? Didn't you leave anyone behind?"

"No one who matters."

"So... you have no regrets about being stuck here."

"Just one."

He arched his eyebrows.

"I'll be forced to suffer your company for an extended period of time."

"Hey!"

She grinned. "I'm teasing, Janson."

"Wes," he shot back. "After that, I deserve to be called by my first name."

"We'll see - besides, it's not like you won't have plenty of opportunities to convince me."

"True, you still owe me dinner."

A grimace crossed her lips. "You're not going to let me forget that, are you?"

"Not even if you were to disappear tomorrow and reappear in twenty years," he teased, grinning. "A deal's a deal; and who knows, maybe someday you'll kiss me and mean it."

"In your dreams, flyboy."

"Every nig
  2. Valley_Lord Jedi Master

star 4
    A woman named Lance . . . parents must have really wanted a boy.
  3. Jade_Max Jedi Master

star 5
    Valley_Lord - More like they had too many boys; Lance is actually her call sign and her name... but the name she was born with? I'm not telling ;)

Thanks for reading!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.