main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

From a Certain Point of View - Obi-Wan Discussion Thread - Evil Obi Challenge!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kestella, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    how would obi would have taken the news of anakin/padme's marriage plus the baby if the circumstances were different?

if there wasn't a war, and anakin turning, let's say? would he keep the knowledge of their marriage from the council? what would he do about the baby, which is more difficult to hide?
    anakin probably would kicked out of the jedi order..

how would obi take that? would he try to hide the knowledge of the baby too? (if anakin and padme would try to attempt to do that)

however obi handles it, he's in a bad situation...

Some interesting thoughts Obi_webb. I think he would have told Ani to tell the council. It would have been such a difficult position for him to be in...I can imagine that he would be sympathetic though and p'haps even speak up for Ani. I think he may have had ideas about Ani/Padme anyway...but...um, I really don't know! I'll have to ponder on it a bit more!

Glad that the bunnies are biting for some of you!
    Valairy_Scot - as long as it's pg then go for it! ;)

2. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    Sorry, me bad![face_whistling] But I think those three are well worth waiting for...;)

[face_laugh] :p

3. Magenta_Moonshadow

Aug 14, 2005
    Nienna, I've only got those three pics of Ewan in a kilt, and a couple of Liam in a kilt, and that's it... honest!

Oh, and a wallpaper of Kilted Ewan... I'd better not post it here, though...or meesa be in BIG doo-doo, as Jar-Jar would say!! :p

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    how would obi would have taken the news of anakin/padme's marriage plus the baby if the circumstances were different?

First, I think Oib-Wan would have been very, very hurt that Anakin would marry Padme in secret and then kept it from him.
    I also think he would have been torn between his loyalty to the Jedi Code and his love for Ani, and probably for Padme as well.

would he keep the knowledge of their marriage from the council? what would he do about the baby, which is more difficult to hide?

I think in the end he would just because he loves Anakin too much to see him disgraced and thrown out of the Order but I also think it would severely damage their relationship.

The baby is much more difficult to figure out. I think Obi-Wan would want to see them trained somehow, perhaps he would help Anakin train them in secret?

Somebody ought to do a fic about this!

BTW - those pics of Ewan in the kilt - =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

Thanks so much for sharing!

5. Magenta_Moonshadow

Aug 14, 2005
    You're very welcome! [:D]

I call the pics of Ewan and Liam in kilts 'the McJedi'! LOL!!:p ;)

6. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
  7. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Yikes - didn't realised I'd missed so many posts...

*runs off to read about obi in a speedo* :D

8. Kestella

Kestella Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    Ok folks, a slight change of plan!

It's come to our attention that some of you would prefer to post your challenge fics outside of the challenge thread. This is perfectly fine. We'd ask however that if you do this please place a link to your fic in the challenge thread so we know where to find it (makes it easier for us to index as well).

9. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Bumping - to let you know we've had some great challenge responses. If you need a smile I suggest going to check them out!

I look forward to reading more! [face_batting]

Remember you can do any of the challenges at any time - a list of them can be found here in the second post.

10. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Well, I wrote a little bit for the clothes challenge, here. Poor guy needs a new pair of pants. [face_mischief]

11. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Oh my! look how the thread has grown in the last three weeks! :eek: =D= It looks like I've missed out on some great discussions and challenges (soon to be remedied!) while i've been MIA! Though I did sneak in to read the odd fic while revising, and thanks a lot for the laughs people! I needed the cheering up back in the grips of Darth exams! and thanks especially to kes and obi for keeping it afloat all on their lonesomes! [:D] Love ya guys!

and now, because I'm super excited and must let off steam and not because i want to hijack the thread, here's a lil pic of a certain pair of jedi, celebrating the end of exams for exhausted padawans:

[image=http://www.starwars.nu/bilder/bildarkiv/nyheter/20041105-ROTS-teaser42.jpg]

Tra-la-la-la Exams are over tra-la-la-la Let's dance the dance of joy by the fires of Mustafar! :D

12. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Great icon stella ;)

Lovely to have you back - you have been missed! [:D]

And that's a great pic! [face_laugh] 'Shall we dance' comes to mind!

13. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Hi, Stella! [:D] I'm glad you escaped the jaws of Darth Exams relatively unscathed. :D

Lovely pic, by the way. [face_hypnotized] I love how Anakin's side of the picture is all dark and...well, lava-y and Obi-Wan's side has the light of the sun peeking through the clouds. Obi. [face_love]

14. Stella_Ripple

Jul 29, 2005
    ooh that's a good point Nienna, hadn't noticed it until you mentioned it actually, I was all caught up in how anakin looks like he's about to do the jig and the pair about to hug (minus the v dangerous weaponry of course!!)

15. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    Yeah, if you ignore the shimmering blades of death, it does look like they're about to engage in a hug-fest. ;) Okay, I just had really strange images running through my mind...

16. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    Giving Obi a little bump...

I've posted my Dress Up Obi response in the challenge thread. :) Keeping Up Appearances Enjoy the insanity. 8-}

17. Kestella

Kestella Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    New Thread game!

CAPTIONARAMA!

Have you ever seen a shot of obi where the inner obi is trying to break free from the rigid lines of Lucascripts? Ever seen a pic where obi (along with others) are saying something but George just doesn't seem to hear it? Well now you can give them a voice!

Every now and then we'll be posting links to a few such pictures- we'd like you to see what the picture says to you and post a caption for it here on the thread for us all to giggle over! It can be funnny, sad, serious, whatever hits you in the first 10 seconds of seeing that pic...?!! You decide!

You can respond to one, some, or all of them!

As a courtesy to dial up users, we'll be posting links to the pictures, please put your caption(s) under appropriate headings so we know which pic they refer to!

The first few pics are:

Obi A
    Obi B
    Obi C

Enjoy! :D

If anyone has any images they think we can use for this game:
    PM us the link(s) to Kestella, Stella_Ripple or Kestrel_Kenobi

18. Stella_Ripple

Jul 29, 2005
    OBI fun! My favourite! :)

Ok, I can only think of one at the moment and that's for

Obi C
    'Boba's Angels'- we slice, we look pretty, and we hope that we're in the right position [descriptions from left to right!]

19. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    A game! A game! [face_dancing]

I loved yours, Stella. :D

Obi A: Yes, waiter? Another over here please...
    Obi B: [to the tune of the Beach Boys song] I'm goin' surfin'! Surfin' U.S.A.!

You asked for what came into my mind first... :p

20. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi A: Man, Qui-Gon always said celibacy wasn't required and that's one fine looking woman over there! Too late now.

Runs and hides head in sand - I'm so ashamed of myself.

21. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi B: If the footwork doesn't get that ant, I'm sure the lightsaber will fry it.

22. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    caption fun!:cool:

obi c-
    OBI- how long do we have to stay in this ridiculous pose anakin?

ANAKIN- until all the movie publicity photos are done master!

23. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    For Obi-A:

"Duuude, the air here smells funny."

[color=8000ff]"What was our safety word again?"[/color]

"Ahhhh-ahhhh-ahhhh-ahchooooooooooooo!"

[color=8000ff]"I was not sleeping! No, I do not snore!"[/color]

Al Sleet was having one of those days again.

[color=8000ff]"Anakin, your fly is down."[/color]

24. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Obi-C

There is new craze on Coruscant and its called the Jedi Jive! As you can see here, these three Jedi as strutting their stuff in front of a giant backdrop of the notorious bouty hunter, Jano Fett. Don't get caught flat footed, do the Jedi Jive!

Obi-B The Jedi Jive is first dicovered by Obi-Wan Kenobi. Dance, Man, Dance!

25. Drabba_the_Hutt

Drabba_the_Hutt Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    For Obi-B:

"Wet floor! Wet floor!"

[color=0000c0]As Obi-Wan's hand started to go blurry, he knew he had mere minutes to get his parents to kiss.[/color]

When playing Jedi cricket, it is customary to drop the saber before running.

[color=0000c0]"What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again."[/color]

The holocams in the Jedi Temple had a tendency toward graininess.

[color=0000c0]Few knew that Obi-Wan could fly. Now he just had to master landing.[/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.