main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

From a Certain Point of View - Obi-Wan Discussion Thread - Evil Obi Challenge!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kestella, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Hello! I've finally fought my way out of the land of homework for a few minutes! :D What a lively discussion! I may have a few thoughts...

Was he attached enough to Anakin to have kept quiet about it? Or was he more attached to the Jedi Code, as Anakin believed?

I think Anakin believed a lot of things about Obi-Wan that weren't true, and I don't think he ever took enough time to really get to know his master. For being "the epitome of the Jedi," Obi-Wan sure had a lot of quirks - for example, his friendship with Dex. I don't think Obi-Wan would have told the Council about Anakin's marriage; he was not a tattle-tale. If anything, Obi-Wan probably would have talked to Anakin about it, letting him know that he knew and discussing the situation. He would encourage Anakin to think rationally and try to convince him to talk to the Council himself, which may have worked if Anakin trusted him more.

A lot of things would have worked if Anakin had trusted him more. :(

2. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I don't think Obi-Wan's friendship with Dex was a quirk at all as far being a Jedi was concerned. I'm sure that all Jedi, espcially ones who work outside the Temple have all sorts of friends and acquaintances outside of the Order. They wouldn't be able to function in the galaxy if they were too insular....although part of their problem was that the Order was too insular and never saw where the Sith threat was until it was just far too late.

Yes, Anakin would have done much better if he'd trusted Obi-Wan more. He would have done better if he'd taken his own mother's advice when she told him that he couldn't stop the change in his life. Obi-Wan knew how to accept change and he lead by example, but Anakin never seemed to get it.

3. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    [image=http://www.kaspinet.com/images/Ewan/02.JPG]

Happy Valentine's Day (yes I know I'm a little bit early!) to all the Obi fans!

4. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Oh, yes, everyone.

[:D] Happy Tuesday. [:D]

Especially, you know, when Tuesday actually gets here.

5. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    I'm having a very strange picture in my head of Obi-Wan wearing pink ... o_O

Think if the Jedi Temple had Valentine's Day, the Initiates/Padawans would give him some V Day hugs & kisses? [face_mischief]

Happy Valentine's (for tomorrow), everyone!

6. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Think if the Jedi Temple had Valentine's Day, the Initiates/Padawans would give him some V Day hugs & kisses?

How could they not! :*

I'm having a very strange picture in my head of Obi-Wan wearing pink ...

How about him washing his pinks?... ;)

[image=http://www.qui-gonline.org/diversions/qtpinklaundry.jpg]

7. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    [face_laugh] Nice, Kestrel!

...Wait! Is he parading around like that? (aka. lack of clothing) ;)

8. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Wearing pink...

Like this? :D

[image=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/littlepeacedragon/81206431_17f0de4b51_o.jpg]

9. Sionnach-Airgid

Sionnach-Airgid Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2005
    *Peeks head in*

Hello! This is a great thread! Mind if I join in?[face_batting]

10. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Welcome Sionnach-Airgid! :D

Sorry for the late reply...I've been ill and haven't been around for a couple of days...

and of course you can join in the madness - the more the merrier! ;)

11. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    Hello! I've managed to emerge from the dark abyss of homework, projects, and the like for a few minutes to spend some time with my lonesome Obi clone. [face_batting]

Welcome, welcome, Sionnach-Airgid! :D I'm glad to see you've found your way to Kenobi's humble abode. Stay as long as you like. ;)

You were sick, Kes? Aww! [:D] Are you feeling better? By the way, the pictures are fantastic! [face_love]

Well, I'll be back in a few days. I can't stay away from my Obi clone too long...

12. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I can't believe that I haven't visited this thread yet. I've always wanted to, just never got around to it. Obi-Wan is most definately one of the most complex and interesting characters in SW, at least to me he is. :D

13. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    Welcome, LilyHobbitJedi! :D Better late than never. ;)

Obi-Wan is most definately one of the most complex and interesting characters in SW, at least to me he is.

I think we can all agree with you there. ;) [face_love]

I'm glad you're here! Feel free to jump in whenever you like. Just don't slip on the puddles of drool...

14. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I'm glad you're here! Feel free to jump in whenever you like. Just don't slip on the puddles of drool...

Thanks! Don't worry, I won't slip on the drool. But I can't promise that I won't do my part to contribute to it. [face_laugh]

15. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    *Tiptoes in*

I realized that I failed to introduce myself in the beginning, so--

Hello fellow Obi-lovers! Obviously, I'm Luna_Nightshade, but I go by Luna. While I did not realize this while watching the movies, several fics later I have found that Obi-Wan is above and beyond my favorite character in the Star Wars series... so I think I have found a nice home.

*Leaves Twinkies for everyone in the middle of the thread*

16. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    *obi delurks to grab a twinkie or two generously left by luna*

thank you!:D

17. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    Do you have anything else tucked in your robe besides Twinkies? A zebra stripe cake perhaps? ;)

(8-} = me)

18. Sionnach-Airgid

Jul 20, 2005
    Kestrel_Kenobi:
    Welcome Sionnach-Airgid!
    Thank you!
    Sorry for the late reply...I've been ill and haven't been around for a couple of days...
    Sorry to hear you've been sick! I can totally relate. Feeling better?
    and of course you can join in the madness - the more the merrier!
    All right! [face_dancing]

Nienna_Narmolanya :
    Welcome, welcome, Sionnach-Airgid! I'm glad to see you've found your way to Kenobi's humble abode. Stay as long as you like.
    Thank you! Thank you!

*Goes back into star fighter and begins unloading all Obi related items.* Hmmm which pic should I put where? And what did I do with his lightsaber? :oops: Oh wait, it's my icon!:D

In regards to Obi's attatchments, hmmm . . . I definately think he has them, but I don't think he let's them get in the way. I mean, he was obviously devestated when Qui died, so there's an attatchment there, but he was able to let it go. And he's definately got an attatchment to Ani with the way he's always looking out for him and trying to lead him on the right path. Granted, that's his role as a Master, but you can see that he really cares too. And I'm positive he realizes that something's going on between Ani and Padme, he just doesn't want to spoil Ani's happiness. I love in the book how he tries to explain to Mace and Yoda that Ani is loyal to people not ideals in an effort to get his former padawan out of a difficult assignment. I wonder what would have happened if they had actually listened to him?[face_thinking]

Thanks again for letting me join in!

19. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    Thanks again for letting me join in!

The more, the merrier![:D]

20. Sionnach-Airgid

Jul 20, 2005
    Thanks![face_love] I'm so glad you're on this thread too! [face_dancing] Cool![face_dancing]

21. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Oh, I can generally come up with just about any Hostess-style baked good if I look hard enough.

Zebra cake it is.

*carefully places a few zebra cakes, a few chocolate cupcakes, and some oatmeal creme pies in the middle of the thread, then rearranges her Padawan robes*

Perhaps the best way to make friends is to entice them with nummy treats. ;)

22. Sionnach-Airgid

Jul 20, 2005
    Thanks for the treats, Luna_Nightshade![:D] [face_dancing]

*Taps chin and ponders* Zebra cake or chocolate cupcake?[face_thinking] Can't decide!

*Asks the Force for guidance, avoiding the Darkside which says to take both* Zebra cake it is! :)

*Reaches out for one, only to have it snatched up by Boga*:eek: :_|

Hey! :mad: That was mine!

Be right back . . .

*Runs off after Boga*

23. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    I'm back! :)

And much better - thanks to those who wished me a speedy recovery!

& welcome to anyone I haven't welcomed yet! [:D]

Remember that the Obi attachment challenge will be going on till the end of the month - I'd love to have some more fics to read! *hint hint* ... [face_batting]

Remember you can also write more than one entry to a challenge!

24. Luna_Nightshade

Jan 25, 2006
    Welcome back, Kestrel_Kenobi! I'm glad you feel better.

25. Pyxelle

Pyxelle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Oh, Twinkies!

I would not be alive today if it weren't for Twinkies...for some reason they were almost all i ate during my senior year of high school. (don't ask, I dont' know why!)

*grins*

Pyxelle

P.S. Oh, and I might be posting another story in the challenge...my master's skill-building challenge is shaping up to fit in this category perfectly, though it is from primarily a nine-year-old Anakin's perspective.

Hopefully it will be done soon. Real life is trying to kill me. *runs in fear from real life....*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.