main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

From a Certain Point of View - Obi-Wan Discussion Thread - Evil Obi Challenge!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kestella, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Welcome to the thread Star_Rocker! Jedi_Freyja is absolutely right about all the things that are going on around here, so feel free to join in anytime! :D

*heaves exhausted sigh* I hope everyone else had a nice bunny free wkend while i'm stumbling around opening pmed questions in my bunny repellant suit! But not too worry! Come next week I'll gladly unleass the whole truckload onto the thread! :D *hands out protective clothing* beware! they bite! ;)

*sigh* intruiging obi questions + kes being out of town = rampaging bunnies + a very distracted stella!!!

[face_thinking] Hmmm... clearly, I did not think this through!

Well done on the questions everyone, we've got a nice longish list to look forward to next week in the meantime take advantage of what little remains of my sanity, or my frazzled self control (!!!!) to send in more questions if you have them! ;)

2. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Welcome, Star_Rocker! Feel free to get involved in any way. You can discuss the current topic, Ask Obi questions! (see above game), raise a new discussion, drool over Obi pics... Whatever works for you. ;)

I would lend you some of my sanity, Stella, but I seem to be in short supply at the moment. 8-}

3. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Back Stella! [:D] we can share the insanity again!...lovely to see the thread so busy...welcome to all the obi thread newbies :) ...

Great pics Magenta! [face_laugh]

And we've had some wonderful questions for the ask Obi game! Keep them coming!

:D

Edit: the challenge thread has been updated [face_whistling] ;)

4. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Hey room here for one more? I usually try to keep out of discussion threads, but the Ewan in kilt pics just drew me in like a magnate. =P~

Plus, the ask Obi game sounds like fun. :D

5. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Hello there Dahlia_Santary!

[image=http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/explore/sithsnap/2005/06/img/ep3_ia_62188_r.jpg]

Welcome to the madness! 8-}

Feel free to join in the discussions, games and drooling =P~ !

6. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Hello, can I join too?:)

7. Kestella

Kestella Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    Of course! Welcome aboard IloveAnakin7!We have discussions, games, drooling...take your pick! ;)
    Kes, Yay! I can unload the bunnies on you!!! [face_dancing] I like the picture- that is classic General Kenobi!

8. Kestella

Kestella Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    Get outta the sock Stella!! [face_laugh]

*drum roll* Thanks to all of you who sent in questions. Below is the list! You are ALL welcome to take a shot at as many or as few questions as you like from Obi Wan?s POV and post them on the thread for our entertainment! Have fun!
    [face_dancing]

1. What was the first question you asked Qui-Gon while on Tatooine?

2. When on missions, did you and Qui-Gon ever have to perform strange rituals, initiating yourselves into the culture, before even beginning negotiations?

3. Does/did Master Qui-Gon snore?

4. Does/did Anakin snore?

5. Anakin Skywalker once said, and I quote, "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating. And it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth." ......and ignore the soft and smooth part of that.
    I'm curious about what YOU think of sand since you've spent a good deal of time on Tatooine. Do you echo your former Padawan's sentiments on the subject?

6. Does Anakin get any special treatment because he's the chosen one?

7. Did you hate flying before or after you first flew with Anakin?

8. Do you have any funny Yoda stories to tell us?

9. Did you ever do something so shocking that even the wise Master Yoda was speechless?

10. What was the most embarrassing thing you did during your Jedi training?

11. What is/was your favorite part of the Temple?

12. We all know errant padawans get sentenced to 'fresher duty, but what about laundry duty? Where do all those sweaty robes go anyway?

13. What has been your biggest challenge as Master?

14. What do Jedi do for fun?

15. What was going through your mind as you stood thinking, before taking off your cloak, and jumping down to battle Grievous? Were you strategizing, were you thinking "I have a bad feeling about this", or "I have no idea how this is going to pan out but I might as well just go for it." or "Shall I really do something rash and follow what I think Anakin would do?"

16. What did you do with your time on Tatooine?

17. You put on a few pounds during your exile on Tatooine, what did you do for exercise?

18. What is your favorite dessert?

19. Boxers or briefs?

20. Who does your hair?

21. Are you a morning or a night person?

22. What is your earliest memory?

23. Do you have a drinking problem?

24. If you were given 24 hours to spend anyway you wanted, how would you spend them?

25. Are Stella and Kes treating you all right? = Of course we are! He loves living in our closet!

9. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    I'll take a whack at numero 4

Does Anakin snore?

"Yes." *rubs chin while leg is crossed* "Quite loudly actually. So uncivilized."

Ahh it sucks...I'll get better I promise:)

10. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    OH, I love the questions. I'll have to think about some of them...

11. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    i thought that was a good answer iLoveAnakin7! sounded very much like what obi would say!

now of course kes and stella knew the first question i was going to answer! :p

25. Are Stella and Kes treating you all right? = Of course we are! He loves living in our closet!

Well, it depends on your definition of all right i think. i wouldn't say i LOVE living in their closet.. it is tiny and a bit cramped for my tastes. plus they always are asking me these nosy questions..
    however they feed me plenty. stella has taken to bringing me chocalate chip cookies by the heaping plateful. and they are quite good. but someone needs to tell her that a Jedi cannot live on cookies alone!
    they also sing to me a lot! kes does the singing mostly. it's a bit odd, because many of the songs sound strangly familiar to me and i don't know why. i always feel as if i should be singing with her for some reason...
    i admit that as far as being captured goes, this ranks as one of the better experiences i've had. far better then when i was captured by count dooku on geonosis. and i don't think my current captors have any intention of putting me in an arena with thoughts of my execution in mind so that's a relief.
    i do wish the handcuffs they used were not quite so tight though... it's not as if i intend to ESCAPE or anything like that!
    *waves hand* you will let me leave.. *waves hand again* and before you let me go, you will bring me another plate of those delicious cookies...

12. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    iLoveAnakin7 - Good answer :D and well done on going first!

obi_webb - [face_laugh] How did you know?! I think Stella's been giving our secrets away! Great job...loved the last line!

Anyone else want to play? [face_batting]

13. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'll take a stab at one. Forgive me if it's a bit long but as a writer, I can't do anything without adding some kind of story to it.:D

"Welcome everyone to the Ophelia Wilfry show. Today I have been granted rare access to the Jedi Temple and will be hunting down...uh...ahem...seeking our favorite Jedi and asking them the burning questions we've all been dying to know the answers to. Right now, I am standing outside the Jedi Council Room where I'm told the current meeting is about to wrap up...wait...the doors are opening...and here comes...General Obi-Wan Kenobi!"

Obi-Wan froze in horror at the sight of the diminitive talk show host heading his way followed by a holocam crew.

"General Kenobi, how nice to meet you." Ophelia greeted him with a quick hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Hello." He replied politely.

"Master Yoda has given me permission to interview some of the Jedi and I'm hoping you'd be willing to answer just one little question for us? She beamed at him hopefully.

"Certainly." Obi-Wan answered, smiling politely.

"Great! I asked your most loyal fans to send in the questions they most wanted the answers to and the one question that came up over and over is..." She paused slightly for dramatic effect, winking at the camera.

"Boxers or Briefs?"

Obi-Wan blinked in confusion.

"I beg your pardon?" He asked indignitly as the undeniable sounds of snickering filtered from the Council Room.

Ophelia giggled. "Do you wear boxers or briefs?" She repeated unblushingly.

Obi-Wan's mouth dropped open in shock.

"Well I...uh...I...I hardly think that is an appropriate question for a Jedi Knight." He stammered.

"Actually he prefers to go commando most of the time." A strong voice called out from the Council Room.

"A N A K I N!" Obi-Wan shouted flushing a deep shade of red.

"I most certainly do not." He denied emphatically. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have some very important Jedi business to attend to."

14. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Kelia! [face_laugh] *wipes away tears*...loved it! Esp..the bit with Anakin joining in! Great answer! =D= You've inspired me!

Some of you may recognise Gale Weathers!

?Gale Weathers reporting from outside the Jedi Temple where the hottest duo on Coruscant are just returning from yet another successful mission?wait?here they are now?.General Kenobi! General Kenobi!?

?Oh, yes, hello there.?

?Gale Weathers here, HoloNews live?would you mind answering a few questions??

?Well?I??

?Great, thank you?can I ask?What has been your biggest challenge as a Jedi Master??

Obi-Wan takes a long look at Anakin standing behind him.

?Um??

?Ok, moving on?any glance at PlayJedi magazine tells us you?re a Jedi who likes to keep up with the latest fashions?can I ask who does your hair??

Obi-Wan blushes as Anakin snorts.

?Actually, I do it myself...although my Master used to help me with my braid when I was a Padawan.?

?That would be the late Qui-Gon Jinn??

?Yes, it would.?

?Which leads me to me next question?When on missions, did you and Qui-Gon ever have to perform strange rituals, initiating yourselves into the culture, before even beginning negotiations??

Obi-Wan turns a deep shade of red, while ignoring Anakin?s chortles behind him.

?Er, um, sorry I?m afraid I have to report to the Jedi Council immediately?come on Anakin.?

?Well, viewers that was the one and only General Kenobi?voted number one sexiest living Jedi in the latest polls?and now over to the weather.?

Edit, edit and edit again!...600 post! [face_dancing]

15. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    [face_laugh] Great Kelia and Kestrel! I was laughing so hard! [face_laugh]

Here?s my stab at this. Enjoy!

(Article for the magazine ?People and Alien?s Magazine?)

The Top 10 Sexiest Beings Alive: #2
    By: Jade Rhinestone

P.A.: Good evening, Master Jedi.

O.W.: Good morning you mean.

P.A.: How are you this evening?

O.W.: Er, well. How are you?

P.A.: (turns to camera and says dramatically) Sexy and polite? a deadly duo.

O.W.: Excuse me?

P.A.: So, Master Obi-Wan, you?ve been ranked at the 2nd Sexiest Being in the entire galaxy. Tell me, how does that make you feel?

O.W.: Well (shifts) I don?t honestly know. A little flattered but also?

P.A.: Yes?

O.W.: Disturbed?

P.A.: (turns to camera again) And he has a witty sense of humor.

O.W.: Excuse me?

P.A.: Yes?

O.W.: Why do you keep doing that?

P.A.: Doing what? I?m not doing anything at all. Besides, who?s the interviewer here?

O.W.: (sighs) You.

P.A.: Thank you. Now, onwards. How is it being a Jedi Master?

O.W.: Er, it?s?.wonderful.

P.A.: Just wonderful?

O.W.: No, It?s?

P.A.: Never mind, it was a bad question. So Master Wan.

O.W.: Obi-Wan.

P.A: Yeah?Alright then. You?re the Master of the Chosen One, that?s correct.

O.W.: Er, yes. Well we do not know for sure if he is the Chosen One as the prophecy says. That will take?

P.A.: Yeah, yeah. So how does it feel to be only #2 while the Chosen One takes the top as #1 Sexiest Being alive?

O.W.: I don?t quite?know how to answer that.

P.A.: Do you drink, Master Kenobi?

O.W.: (taken aback) Why of course not! I mean, a few cups of Alderaan spiced wine is good every so often but?

P.A.: Then you can understand me quite clearly right now---

O.W.: --how it?s relevant?yes I can understand you fine.

P.A.: Good, then. So does Anakin get any special treatment for being the Chosen One and not only that, the Sexiest Being alive?

O.W.: No. Not at all. He is a Jedi, and as exceptional as he may be, he is still equal to all of us. Jedi do not treat each other based on skill or title. Except for, of course, a Master-Padawan or Master-Knight relationship.

P.A.: So what do you do for fun?

O.W.: Fun?

P.A.: (patiently) Yes, ?fun.?

O.W.: Er, I don?t understand. What does ?fun? mean? Is this some ritual done on Tatooine?

P.A.: Silly Jedi, of course. It?s done everywhere! What do you Jedi do to have fun?

O.W.: You can ?have? fun? As in you can purchase it?

P.A.: Well not directly. You can buy something to have fun with?you look confused. Never mind then.

O.W.: No?

P.A.: I said never mind!!

O.W.: (silent)

P.A.: Let?s see?(flips through questions from the Boards) ah! There we go! If you were given 24 hours to spend anyway you wanted, anyway at all, how would you spend it?

O.W.: I would figure out what ?fun? was.

P.A.: (stares blankly and laughs) Witty man, you are.

O.W.: You sounded like Master Yoda.

P.A.: The green troll?

O.W.: I prefer Reverend Jedi Master.

P.A.: (leans closer) Got any stories about the #4 Sexiest Being alive?

O.W.: Er, no. Not right now.

P.A.: (leans back) Fine then. Who does your fabulous hair?

O.W.: I wouldn?t call it ?fabulous? myself but?I do it myself. It?s not hard to manage at all. Anakin likes to make fun of it, saying I look like a hippie from the 60?s. He?s always saying things like that. Phrases from this planet called ?Earth?. I?ve look all over the galaxy and archives and I have found no such place. I think your Sexiest Man alive is a bit insane. (chuckles)

P.A.: So has he been your biggest challenge as a Master?

O.W.: My biggest challenge? Not even close.

P.A.: So what has been your biggest challenge?

O.W.: (pauses and looks around)?.. Figuring out a way to get out of here.

So there you have it! Our very own interview with the Galaxy?s #2 Sexiest Being alive! Turn to pg. 348 to see pictures of this polite, witty and charming Jedi Master. For complete list of Sexiest Beings, turn to last page. ;)

:)

16. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    [face_laugh] oh my i had a good laugh at the last 3 responses!
    great job kelia, kes and katieelessar! so many hilarious lines buy my favorite had to be..
    Er, I don?t understand. What does ?fun? mean? Is this some ritual done on Tatooine?

i wanna see some more answers! for instance, STELLA! i don't think you've taken a shot at any of the questions yet! (hint hint! :p )

17. Pyxelle

Pyxelle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    OMG, Master Kelia! LOL. Look at what you started.

These were freakin' hilarious. Now tell me, how am I gonna tell my hubby I need a new keyboard? I just sprayed Diet Coke all over this one.

*grin*

Pyxelle

Proud (?) Padawan to Master Kelia :)

18. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Those responses were all so incredibly hilarious! I don't have much time, but I will attempt to answer number 7.

Did you hate flying before or after you first flew with Anakin?

Flying as a padawan was never that bad, flying with Anakin verges on the brink of insanity. I'm surprised he hasn't become the death of me yet. I stand by what I said once before flying IS for droids. *sigh*

Maybe I'll think of something better later, but my brain is mush right now.8-}

19. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    What has been your biggest challenge as a Jedi Master??

Obi-Wan takes a long look at Anakin standing behind him.

Why does everyone thing Anakin is Obi?s biggest challenge :p

Very funny Kestrel!

Let?s see?(flips through questions from the Boards) ah! There we go! If you were given 24 hours to spend anyway you wanted, anyway at all, how would you spend it?

O.W.: I would figure out what ?fun? was

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

If you need some help, Master Obi-Wan, I?d be happy to help you figure it out. :D

Did you hate flying before or after you first flew with Anakin?

Flying as a padawan was never that bad, flying with Anakin verges on the brink of insanity. I'm surprised he hasn't become the death of me yet. I stand by what I said once before flying IS for droids. *sigh*

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Very nice answer LilyHobbittJedi! I can actually imagine Obi-Wan giving that very reply!

Great job on the answers everyone!

=D= =D= =D=

20. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    katieelessar - Wonderful! [face_laugh]

O.W.: You sounded like Master Yoda.

P.A.: The green troll?

O.W.: I prefer Reverend Jedi Master.

Great stuff!

LilyHobbitJedi - Loved your answer! Well done...

flying with Anakin verges on the brink of insanity [face_laugh]

Kelia - just for you...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/celebel/picspam/actors_singers/ewan_den_jon/ewan_hayden_sw/1.jpg]

Keep 'em coming everyone! Those who've already answered feel free to
    have another go!

21. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    [face_hypnotized] at pic. =P~

Amazing responses, everyone! Hysterical! [face_laugh] Sorry I can't give individual replies, but I still have homework to finish up... I just want everyone to know how much these responses lit up my stressful day with their gaggles of giggles! 8-} :) Thank you!

Maybe I'll take a whack at it this weekend... [face_mischief]

22. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    [face_love] Picture perfect.

23. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~

That's actually one of my favorite SW photos.

Nice choice Kestrel!

24. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    That picture has just become my computer's background. I feel like such a fangirl when I come in here. ;)

25. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, I love that picture. There has to be a plot bunny somewhere in there!

Great responses. I loved all the humor. I was giggling in my lab reading it.

obi-webb - loved the closet idea. I can just picture them there. LOL.

KELIA - Oh, bad girl! LOL Loved that Anakin was willing to tell all, and I do mean all. [face_laugh]

Kestrel - LOL on the hair. And the way he got away with not answering the last question. [face_whistling]

Katieelessar - I want to know where the last page was - the list of Sexiest beings alive. LOL. I thought it even funnier that Obi-Wan was #2 and Anakin was #1. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.