main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

From a Certain Point of View - Obi-Wan Discussion Thread - Evil Obi Challenge!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kestella, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    Thanks dianethx! I'll let you leave the list up to you.;)If it were me, Obi-Wan would be #1-#10. :)

Everyone keep the responses coming! I can't wait to see what some of us concoct over the weekend! :)

2. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    ahem...just to let you all know we will be putting a new challenge up soon. If anyone is still working on a piece for the attachments challenge then they will still be very welcome - as ALL challenges are open ended! :D

More replies to 'ask obi' would be lovely too... [face_batting]

3. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    These answers are hilarious! Great job everyone. And that picture is amazing! =P~ Why have I never seen that before?

4. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Uh, another pic! [face_hypnotized] =P~ Yep, I think I'm gonna like this thread alot. Those responses are so hilarious!

5. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    iLoveAnakin7 "Quite loudly actually. So uncivilized." [face_laugh] Ah, there?s our prim general! LOL Does that mean you might be up for another shot? [face_batting]

obi [face_laugh] I hereby deny it Kes, obi?s just very good at guessing! :p :D Thanks for the laugh obi! You know how much I loved that!

KELIA [face_laugh] Owowowow! I think I strained something laughing! I LOVED this "Actually he prefers to go commando most of the time." A strong voice called out from the Council Room.

"A N A K I N!" Obi-Wan shouted flushing a deep shade of red.
    I can sooo see that happening!
    Thanks for setting the thread off on the hilarity hunt! :D I?m so proud!

Kes [face_laugh] Oh the evasive tactics?definitely something there, doncha think? [face_batting] As for obi wanting to figure out what ?fun? is?I know someone who could help?.[face_mischief] Actually I know a boardful of someones! :p And thanks for the gorgeous pic! [face_love] Yum! In black and wet?be still my heart! :D ;)

Katieelesar

P.A.: The green troll?

O.W.: I prefer Reverend Jedi Master.

P.A.: (leans closer) Got any stories about the #4 Sexiest Being alive?

What a concept! *rolls off chair laughing * I loved that!!!

6. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I hope I did this right, it looked fun.

[b]What was the first question you asked Qui-Gon while on Tatooine?[/b]

?I think I asked him, ?If the Force is so benevolent, why did it create place like [i]this[/i]?? What an awful place.?

[b]2. When on missions, did you and Qui-Gon ever have to perform strange rituals, initiating yourselves into the culture, before even beginning negotiations? [/b]

[i]Just don?t tell her about the Twi-lek rituals, Yoda might kill you.[/i]

?Several, actually. Eating strange foods is part of the whole ?Jedi Package.?

[i] Ha! I just said ?Jedi Package? on the Galactic News![/i]

[b]3. Does/did Master Qui-Gon snore?[/b]

[i]Is she joking?[/i]

?Absolutely, especially during the filming of the animated ?Clone Wars? series! Did you [i]see[/i] the size of his nose??

[i] What? Why is she giggling? Wh ? Oh man. Master Yoda is going to kill me. So much for the mystique of the Jedi Knights! Stop blushing![/i]

[b]4. Does/did Anakin snore?[/b]

?Not as much as Qui-Gon?

[i]Take that, Anakin![/i]

[b]5. Anakin Skywalker once said, and I quote, "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating. And it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth." ......and ignore the soft and smooth part of that.

I'm curious about what YOU think of sand since you've spent a good deal of time on Tatooine. Do you echo your former Padawan's sentiments on the subject? [/b]

?Um, sand is? uncomfortable.?

[i]Especially when you where traditional Jedi robes to live in that environment.[/i]

[b]6. Does Anakin get any special treatment because he's the chosen one?[/b]

[i]WHY did she have to ask that one? And does she think I?m stupid?[/i]

?All of our Padawans receive special treatment. While we are Jedi Knights, we are still sentient beings and care for our students deeply.?

[i]Don?t give me that look! This is just for PR. I am NOT delving into the politics of the Council on Galactic News![/i]

[b]7. Did you hate flying before or after you first flew with Anakin?[/b]

[i]That?s easy.[/i]

?After. Most definitely AFTER.?

[b]8. Do you have any funny Yoda stories to tell us?[/b]

[i]This is where I get Master Yoda back for giving me this assignment! ?Stop grinning like an idiot, Obi-wan, and answer the lady![/i]

?Well, there was this one time when Anakin was very young??

?Anakin was still new to the Temple and had not learned our ways. He wished to show his gratitude to Yoda for allowing him to train, you must understand he was compelled to do this by his past experiences. Coming from his background of slavery, he constantly worried about things other Padawans were niave to ? such as getting sent back if he was inadequate, and he knew that the Council had denied him once before.?

?He made Master Yoda a new repulsor chair, with parts raided from the droid repair shop in the Temple, to carry him around the Temple. He did this in his free time, and while I knew he was building something, I didn?t worry to much because that?s what Anakin [i]did[/i]. I only found out what he had built after Yoda flew past me in the main hall, yelling in that hoarse voice of his. I?ll never forget the look on his face, with his eyes bugging out and his ears trying to stand up in shock but lying flat against his skull from the speed of his runaway chair? that Anakin had modeled, internally, after his Podracer.?

[i]That?s right, smile graciously, don?t gloat! This might not be so bad after all. Now recover a little of the troll?s dignity.[/i]

?Of course, Master Yoda was able to maintain the racing chair in the air with only a few close calls and no real mishaps until the battery ran down enough to slow it down. Then he was able to concentrate on fixing the wire that came loose on his take off and get it stopped.?

[b]Oh dear, was Anakin disciplined? Was Yoda ?traumatized?[/b]

?I?m sorry, what? Oh, no. I was going to punish Anakin because Master Yoda was quite overcome, but decided against it when I saw h

7. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    OK, it took me a few minutes to figure it out, but the background kibitzing of Qui-Gon's voice is wonderful! [face_laugh]=D= It gives you what Obi-Wan is thinking (a bit) and criticism for his answers at the same time. =D=

8. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    :oops:Actually, that was supposed to be Obi's inner thoughts as he was being interviewed. I took the lazy man's route because I was in a hurry. Sorry.[face_blush]

9. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Auntie Z ...oh great job =D=

It was all wonderful!...

Ha! I just said ?Jedi Package? on the Galactic News!

[face_laugh]

& loved the funny Yoda story!

10. What was the most embarrassing thing you did during your Jedi training?
    ?That would be the time I was practicing on the couch in our rooms as Qui-Gon?s padawan.?*

:D

Oh, yes, couches - a wonderful fic...I'll see if I can dig out the link as I had it saved somewhere...although we're not allowed to post links in the thread...if anyone wants it I have it - pm me and I'll send on to you.

23. Do you have a drinking problem?

?I do spill my milk on occasion.?

Does she know about the night clubs? Just look innocent.

[face_laugh]

oh, this was so funny Z ... [:D] thanks for the gift!

10. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    [face_laugh]

That was insanely funny, Z! *chuckle*

Loved the reference to Couches! Nice touch! :D

And yes, that reference to Yoda taking away the baby rattle is in Shatterpoint. ;)

Great work!! [face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

=D=

11. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Hmmm, just when I thought it was Qui-Gon. It could be Qui-Gon; can one always tell the difference between inner thoughts and Jedi ghosite? No wonder Obi-Wan is a "crazy old wizard". If it wasn't Qui-Gon, then you must be subconsciously brilliant; it turned out quite well.=D=

12. Kestella

Kestella Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    New Challenge!

Obi Sings!? ? An all singing all dancing Obi-Wan? Can you imagine? =P~ *sees fan-girls nodding* ... Ok then! Write a fic in which Obi has to sing, dance or perform in some way [face_mischief] ...ahem...you get the idea.

[image=http://www.georgettesworld.com/main/senatorial-lap-dance.jpg]

Thanks to jodiwent who came up with the challenge topic!

Edit: Don't forget to post your fics in the challenge thread! . It also helps if you let me or Stella know so we can update the index asap. Thanks! :)

13. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    :eek: That pic![face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh] I might be too [face_chicken] to try this one, though.[face_liarliar]

Z

Thank you for all your lovely replies! I wrote that this morning as a "destress" exercise (about ten minutes?) and it worked wonderfully! They should recommend fanfic challenges as psycho-therapy!

14. Katieelessar

Aug 1, 2005
    You had me rolling out of my chair laughing, Z. [face_laugh] Bravo! Bravo!!

[face_laugh] Love the picture! I can't wait to take a stab at the new challenge. :) Oh, and thanks for all the wonderful replies to my attempt for the questions game.:)

15. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] *snorts* That was hilarious, Z! =D= I especially loved this line (It made me dissolve in giggles):

And I?m really not telling what I was and wasn?t wearing!

And even though I really want to, I still haven't done the 'Ask Obi' game myself... [face_whistling] Can I blame it on a power outage? (Not if it only lasted for one hour...) Truthfully, the weather has been gorgeous this weekend and the last place I wanted to be was on the computer.

Okay, back to something more relevant... Oooh! A new challenge! Obi sings!! [face_batting] Obi and music - my two loves unite! *drifts off humming dreamily*

16. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Awesome response Zonoma, I loved Obi's inner dialogue! [face_laugh]

As for the Obi Sings challenge...

*Randomly starts humming music from MOULIN ROUGE*

*Happy sigh* [face_love]

17. PadwanKayla

PadwanKayla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2005
    [face_laugh] Hilarious, Zonoma. I did think it was Obi-Wan's inner thoughts but Qui-Gon's fits in there too! Great stuff.

And the new challenge sounds like fun. I might finally do one of these!:D

18. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    17. You put on a few pounds during your exile on Tatooine, what did you do for exercise?

Well, that?s rude. Think quick, though.

?I did a lot of? wrestling.?

Keep your face straight and she might assume it was with Jar-Jar or that Captain. Besides, you could call it wrestling!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Very nice job Zonoma! Even I wasn't brave enough to tackle all the questions.

=D= =D= =D=

A new challenge? [face_thinking] [face_thinking] Obi singing, dancing or performing in some way? =P~ =P~

You guys are killing me! But since I already have a scenairo in mind, I shall have to tackle this.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. :D

19. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Oh, oh Auntie Z [face_laugh] That was HILARIOUS! And obi's aside comment! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Too many funny things for me to choose but I'm gonna save this and tape it to my hw diary! I need the laugh!!

yay! Glad to see so many people are up for this! I haven't a single original bunny, not even an unoriginal bunny with an original twist! *sigh* ah well guess that means more reading for me! ;) :D

Oh yes and the challenge thread has been updated! we have another entry for attachments! [face_dancing]

20. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    Hello! I've finally written my 'Ask Obi' entry. :D I hope it's okay. [face_worried] I threw it together pretty quickly. And if I accidentally copied anyone's ideas, my eternal apologies. It's been a few days since I've read some of them. Okay, here we go!

One year before AotC...

[b]Holo Reporter:[/b] And I'm here live with the fabulous Obi-Wan Kenobi! Do you mind answering a few questions? The galaxy is dying to hear more about you!

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] Er...

[b]H.R.:[/b] When on missions, did you and Qui-Gon ever have to perform strange rituals, initiating yourselves into the culture, before even beginning negotiations?

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] Er... Most cultures did not require rituals, at least ones that would be considered strange. Although there was that one time... I woke up screaming from nightmares for weeks afterward.

[b]H.R.: [/b] What happened?

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] It involved grass skirts.

[b]H.R.: [/b] *waits, but Obi-Wan remains silent*

[b]H.R.: [/b] Does Anakin snore?

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] Well...ah... Sometimes it's difficult to determine if what I'm hearing is him or a charging bantha.

[b]H.R.:[/b] *laughs* Anakin Skywalker once said, and I quote, "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating. And it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth." ......and ignore the soft and smooth part of that.
    I'm curious about what YOU think of sand since you...

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] *leans forward* Excuse me...when did Anakin say this?

[b]H.R.:[/b] ...

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] And to whom?? I feel like you know something I d--

[b]H.R.: [/b] *interrupts* Does Anakin get any special treatment because he's the chosen one?

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] Maybe you should ask [i]him[/i] that? I'm sure he would enjoy--

[b]H.R.: [/b] Did you ever do something so shocking that even the wise Master Yoda was speechless?

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] *blinks* Well...one time in an intitate lightsaber class Master Yoda was teaching I got a bit...reckless and... At least his robe didn't start on fire...

[b]H.R.: [/b] I see. *glances at notes* What has been your biggest challenge as Master?

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] *grins* Keeping my hair presentable when Anakin's in the driver's seat, of course.

[b]H.R.: [/b] I think you've done a fine job.

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] ...

[b]H.R.: [/b] *looks down* What was going through your mind as you stood thinking, before taking off your cloak, and jumping down to battle Grievous? Were you strategizing, were you thinking "I have a bad feeling about this", or "I have no idea how this is going to pan out but I might as well just go for it." or "Shall I really do something rash and follow what I think Anakin would do?"

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] I was actually thinking about a large mug of creamy juala juice.

[b]H.R.: [/b] Juala juice?

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] Yes.

[b]H.R.: [/b] May I ask why?

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] I'm not sure. I never had time to properly analyse the thought.

[b]H.R.: [/b] Ah. So... What did you do with your time on Tatooine?

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] I went sunbathing.

[b]H.R.: [/b] *blinks* Okay... If you were given 24 hours to spend anyway you wanted, how would you spend them?

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] Not in a speeder with Anakin?

[b]H.R.: [/b] One more question - Are Stella and Kes treating you all right?

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] I'm very content with them. One thing though... I'm concerned about the unnatural amount of saliva coming from their mouths. Perhaps they're ill?

[b]H.R.: [/b] Thank you, Obi-Wan Kenobi for giving us your time! Your fan club is eternally grateful. *shakes his hand and walks away*

[b]Obi-Wan:[/b] *stares after her in puzzlement* I have a fan club?

21. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Yay Nienna! So glad you decided to play!

Wonderful answers...my favorite has to be...

H.R.: *laughs* Anakin Skywalker once said, and I quote, "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating. And it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth." ......and ignore the soft and smooth part of that.
    I'm curious about what YOU think of sand since you...

Obi-Wan: *leans forward* Excuse me...when did Anakin say this?

H.R.: ...

Obi-Wan: And to whom?? I feel like you know something I d--

[face_laugh]

and

H.R.: One more question - Are Stella and Kes treating you all right?

Obi-Wan: I'm very content with them. One thing though... I'm concerned about the unnatural amount of saliva coming from their mouths. Perhaps they're ill?

:p =P~ ;)

Well done m'dear! =D=

22. Katieelessar

Aug 1, 2005
    Bravo Master! You had me laughing so much! [face_laugh]

H.R.: *interrupts* Does Anakin get any special treatment because he's the chosen one?

Obi-Wan: Maybe you should ask him that? I'm sure he would enjoy--

=D= =D= [face_laugh]

Wonderful!

23. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    H.R.: One more question - Are Stella and Kes treating you all right?

Obi-Wan: I'm very content with them. One thing though... I'm concerned about the unnatural amount of saliva coming from their mouths. Perhaps they're ill?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was brilliant!

Great job on the questions

=D= =D= =D=

24. Nienna_Narmolanya

Jul 5, 2005
    [face_blush] Thank you everyone for the kind words!

25. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Zonoma - loved the side-comments. I bet the reporter would have loved to hear about those instead. LOL The Women's Wing. Good one, Obi-Wan.

Nienna - these were hilarious. I loved how Obi-Wan wanted to know who Anakin was giving the sand speech to. That started me giggling! And the fan club comment.

Great jobs, both of you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.