main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

From a Certain Point of View - Obi-Wan Discussion Thread - Evil Obi Challenge!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kestella, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    LOL, these are wonderful challenges and such. Great job all. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

2. Pyxelle

Pyxelle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
  3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I've also posted my response to the Obi sings challenge.

http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/23433894/p1/?1

I hope it's as much fun to read as it was to write! :D

4. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    [:D] for the new fics--I shall read those I've missed upon my return home, where my high-speed internet and "free time" await me.

*clutches her St. Paddy's day icon*

Don't take it away, don't take it away...

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    There've been some amazing entries coming from the challenges here. Bravo everyone.

6. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Nienna I loved the interview!! That was absolutely hilarious...and, hang on I'll be back when I clean up the coke covered comp screen! :D Seriously I'm copying and saving all of these to read on a rainy day!

Pyxi and Kelia! Those are some great stories! :D

7. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Seriously I'm copying and saving all of these to read on a rainy day!

You know what, that's a really good idea. I should do that... :D And thank you for the kind words!

*looks at Luna's icon* [face_hypnotized] =P~ *cries out to the powers that be* Don't take it away!

Ooh! Stories to read! Now that I'm officially on spring break (Yay!), I'll have time read all of them and maybe write one of my own. It's been so long since I've posted something... Anyway, I can't wait to check out how Obi sings! [face_dancing]

8. Magenta_Moonshadow

Magenta_Moonshadow Jedi Master star 3

Aug 14, 2005
    I'm currently working on a fic in which Obi-Wan sings, but he's not 'performing', as such...;)

So I'm not sure if it will count! :)

9. Kestella

Kestella Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    Magenta - as long as he's singing then it counts! :)

A little reminder to everyone to pop along to the challenge thread and take a look at the stories there - there has been some great ones posted for the two challenges we have had, but not much feedback! Everyone is welcome to give feedback whether taking part in writing a challenge story or not and it's much appreciated by the authors.

Besides, who can resist reading more Obi stories! ;)

The challenge entries so far have been wonderful - I look forward to reading more!

10. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    I echo HL. Some of these entries are great. Great work, Pyxelle (loved how you wove the musical terms in), and Kelia ( [face_laugh] ) Poor Obi-Wan!

=D=

EDIT: I suppose one couldn't do a serious Obi interview? [face_batting]

11. Pyxelle

Pyxelle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Thanks, Princess_Arulmozhi !

I don't know about any serious interviews, but I'm halfway through a serious "Obi Sings"" challengefic.

Honestly, these Obi-challenges just snag my brain...*pyxelle shakes her head helplessly*

So, that should be up in a day or two!

Pyxelle

12. Stella_Ripple

Jul 29, 2005
    P_A Does that mean you might be thinking about doing one? *hope hope hope hope [face_praying] * If you are then pleeeease feel free! :D Personally I can't hear enough from obi, serious or silly! [face_batting]

13. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    P_A Does that mean you might be thinking about doing one? *hope hope hope hope

I'm flattered. :D I did a Qui-on interview (a long time ago), but I haven't tried Obi yet.

But I've got a rather large bunny for the singing challenge. :D

Great job, you two, on the thread.

14. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    I might just write an answer to this "Obi Sings" challenge--but I don't know. I've been lurking around here for a while now and reading about my favorite character (don't tell him that my other favorite is Han!). I just dropped in to say hi and that I'll be thinking about writing something for this challenge.

15. Fluff-Slayer

Fluff-Slayer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2005
    Another lurker steps out into the light. :p

Do we have a deadline on this musical challenge?

16. Stella_Ripple

Jul 29, 2005
    Fluffy! *drags her in and plonks her down on the thread* so gald you delurked! As for the challenges- we have no deadlines on any of the challenges- so step in with anything at any time! :D

P_Atalk about whetting my appetite! ;)

Laine_Snowtrekker (cool name!) Welcome! :D Hope you enjoy your stay and please join in with anything that takes your fancy (jedi are not excluded though terms and conditions apply!) ;)

17. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    I've been reading some of the Obi Sings challenges responses in my spare time. Great job, everyone! =D= I've enjoyed them imensely! Now I need to hop over to the Obi challenge thread!

I'm glad there aren't deadlines on the challenges. (whew!) I'm still trying to get my Obi muse to cooperate. Hmm. Where has my Obi clone run off to? I need his help. ;)

And welcome, Laine_Snowtrekker! (I read your name, looked out the window and saw that it's snowing.) :D Sit back, relax...enjoy the company of a certain Jedi... :p

18. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    *Poof* I've reapeared! Sorry for my big absence. What are we talking about up in here now?

19. Stella_Ripple

Jul 29, 2005
    Welcome back Dahlia! Lessee now, what have we been up to, besides a whole lot of swooning of course :D...we've had a 'Ask Obi' interview type game (the master list of questions are on the page 6) where you're all invited to take a whack at answering however many questions you like from the list from Obi's point of view and then there's the Obi Sings challenge that is still playing out in the challenge stories thread! And of course everyone can still jump with anything and everything obi related whenever the mood seizes them, while they're waiting for us to finish cooking up a new topic! ;) There, I think you're all caught up now! :D

20. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    There's just something about a hot guy in a bike...

[image=http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d18/nashimari/ewanbikeboy.jpg]

Don't you just wanna hup on behind him and have nothing to hold on to but his sweaty chest? =P~

21. Magenta_Moonshadow

Aug 14, 2005
    More pics of Ewan the Biker...:D

[image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/JerseyJedi/Bike01.jpg]

[image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/JerseyJedi/MyObiWan.jpg]

22. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    :eek:

Where do you guys find these?

23. Magenta_Moonshadow

Aug 14, 2005
    That'd be telling...;)

Just Enjoy!:p

[image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/JerseyJedi/595.jpg]

[image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/JerseyJedi/goof.jpg]

[image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/JerseyJedi/wp-resistance.jpg]

24. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Hey, guess what? I'm working on something for the challenge! It might take me a little bit of time, though, because it's different from what I usually post here on the boards.

25. Kestella

Kestella Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    Important Note on posting pictures!

Whilst we can understand your enthusiasm with all things obi and apprectiate all those gorgeous pictures of obi, we'd like to ask everyone to note that pictures posted on this must be kept down to 3 every 25 posts- not only does this avoid cluttering up the thread, but it is also a courtesy towards those of us using dial up as too many pictures slow things down considerably for them.

We do realise we haven't made this point clear earlier, so we're not taking into account the recent frenzy of pictures posting that was starting to build up. But in the future PLEASE be mindful of this rule and be considerate in how many pictures and how often you post them. If you do find you've a picture to share (and please don't stop sharing them!) but there's already 3 pictures within the last 25 posts (thats usually 1 page) you could always post a link to the source of the pictures so people can choose whether to view them or not.

The Sock Has Spoken! :D
    Thanks for helping us to keep this thread running smoothly everyone! :) It is muchly appreciated!
    ~Kestella~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.