main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

From A Certain Point of View ( TPM AU Obi/Qui/Ani Angst ) Updated 4/8!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by rundownstars, Feb 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I just read the whole thing now. [face_shocked] You are doing an amazing job with this story!! I am actually a Qui-Gon fan- but in this story he is making me soooo mad!!! GO TALK TO OBI YOU FOOL!! :mad: Obi is so sick, I hope he doesn't collapse or something. :( This is a very intriguing story, and I hope to see more soon. Poor sick Obi :( I can't believe what a jerk Qui is being to him.

2. rundownstars

rundownstars Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    diamond_pony2002 [face_devil] yep. i'm such a fiend.

PaddyJuan you can say that again. but, first, he needs to rescue himself. and sabè. [face_mischief] and.. well, maybe qui-gon. well, no. qui-gon should save obi-wan. [face_plain] that jerk.

Nikita [face_devil]

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi i'm a qui-gon fan too! but .. the personality i got from the movie--after watching it four million times--was he was a real jerk to obi-wan in some parts. :p especially after the 'i found the chosen one' parts. gr.

finishing up chapter eight ... [face_mischief]

- - -

?Anakin, I want to tell you something,? Qui-Gon stated, kneeling before the boy so he could be at eye-level.

?Y-yes, Master?? he asked, tugging on his braid.

?It is all right to be proud of yourself, but boasting?no. A Jedi doesn?t crave those feelings. I do understand you got first place at the tournament and I?m very proud of you. But I am disappointed that you did not even bow to the one you had beaten. You were too proud of yourself?too sure of yourself.?

?But I beat him didn?t I?? Anakin retorted, plopping down on one of the benches just outside the saber arena.

?Yes? You did. But he was good. What do you think he would?ve done if you hadn?t beaten him? If he won??

?That wouldn?t happen, Master.? Anakin frowned. ?I beat him.?

?As an example, Padawan. What would you have done? What would he have done??

?He?d probably laugh at me.?

Qui-Gon shook his head. ?He would not. But how would you feel if he laughed down on you??

Anakin didn?t answer. He folded his arms over his chest. He didn?t know why Qui-Gon was lecturing him on winning. He should be proud of him! He won the whole saber tournament and he was only here for a few days!

?You were laughing at him.?

Anakin looked towards those ice blue eyes and glared. ?I did not.?

Qui-Gon shook his head dismally.

- - -

Obi-Wan had thought that was the last time he would see her. To tell the truth, he did not want to see her again. After what he had done? But, maybe, the Force wished it. Because he was here?out of all Jedi that could?he was here. He needed to be here because Sabè needed him.

She didn?t need him for anything that involved the Jedi, the Republic, and the Senate, the anything? She just needed him to help herself. Obi-Wan could see as she stared out the window of the air taxi that, she too was losing herself little by little. Maybe he could relate. Maybe they could talk and maybe he could help her.

Because her eyes looked just like they could belong to a lost child.

But ? isn?t that what she was?

Sabè turned her head from the window to look at Obi-Wan who sat beside her. Her gaze quickly drifted to Panaka who was speaking to the Twi?lek cab driver softly. When she looked back to Obi-Wan, he was staring at his hands.

They were shaking.

Sabè finally realized that he was still sick. A thin sheen of sweat was beginning to glaze his face. His eyes were half opened, half closed from exhaustion and, now that she thought about it, his steps were slow and strained. ?Obi-Wan,? she said so quietly that it was hardly a whisper.

He turned to her. She gasped as his eyes locked with hers. They were filled with such pain that she was forced to turn away. After a moment, she slowly looked back to him again, and he was still looking at her.

?Are you all right??

His bottom lip shivered for a moment before he opened his mouth. His voice was dead, but his lips moved to the word, ?No.?

?Panaka!? Sabè said in her commanding tone, pulling Obi-Wan?s limp form upright. He leaned against her, his eyes rolling back into his head. He closed his eyes, his breathing cut short into gasps. ?We must get to the Jedi Temple quickly!?

- - -

now do you know what qui-gon sensed when obi-wan passed him? [face_mischief] i'm so evil.

3. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Anakin didn?t answer. He folded his arms over his chest. He didn?t know why Qui-Gon was lecturing him on winning. He should be proud of him! He won the whole saber tournament and he was only here for a few days!

and you gave up Obi for this?

Obi, you need to get back to the temple and rescue your boy. you should not do to him what was done to you.

4. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    No I don't know, I'm too braindead right nowto get it. You tell me?

Vadey

5. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002

*mutters* idiot Anakin. Jerk Anakin. Incompetant little fool :mad:I concur with what PaddyJuan said up there. I can't believe Qui left Obi for that little brat.

Oh my gosh, the last part scared me, Obi seemed so incredibly sick! I'm really really worried about him right now!! I hope he is okay.

Yea, I didn't like how Qui was portrayed in TPM, to be so uncaring to Obi. Qui you idiot, go back for your boy!! You are doing a really great job with this story, keep it up!! :D

6. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    [face_shocked] Boy, Obi-Wan sure is sick.

7. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Gah!!! What are ya trying to do with that evil little cliffie?! [face_shocked]

He turned to her. She gasped as his eyes locked with hers. They were filled with such pain that she was forced to turn away. After a moment, she slowly looked back to him again, and he was still looking at her.

?Are you all right??

His bottom lip shivered for a moment before he opened his mouth. His voice was dead, but his lips moved to the word, ?No.?

?Panaka!? Sabè said in her commanding tone, pulling Obi-Wan?s limp form upright. He leaned against her, his eyes rolling back into his head. He closed his eyes, his breathing cut short into gasps. ?We must get to the Jedi Temple quickly!?

Wonderfully written...though incredibly cruel to your readers!!! [face_laugh]

And the other posts I missed were fantastic as well. This is shaping up to be a great, original fic.

And Sabe is so sweet to him. [face_blush] Awww.

LuvEwan

8. rundownstars

Feb 23, 2003
    PaddyJuan [face_mischief]

VadeyFan2002 ah... sure? ?[face_plain]

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi heheh. thanks! [face_love]

Cascadia [face_devil]

LuvEwan i'm sorry i'm so cruel to you readers. :p yes, poor sabè.. thanks for the comments! [face_love]

- - -

From A Certain Point of View
    chapter ix; the tragic

- - -

Mace Windu and Yoda were there to greet Sabè and her guard, Panka, at the docking bay, when Yoda quickly turned to Mace. The air taxi had not arrived yet.

?Very wrong, something is. Sense it, do you??

The taller man turned to look down at the green alien. ?Yes. Knight Obi-Wan?he has been ill. It was wrong of him not to proceed to the healers.?

?Grave, the situation is. His Force signature is very weak. To retrieve the Queen?s handmaiden, we should no have sent him.?

?I?ll comm one of the healers until they arrive.?

- - -

Stepping out of the air taxi and onto the ground of the landing platform, Sabè took Obi-Wan?s limp wrist and held it for a moment. Panaka yelled out something to the two Jedi Masters, Yoda and Mace Windu, who were rushing towards him and the fainted Jedi Knight.

?He just ? fell unconscious,? Sabè informed, letting a green-skinned Twi?lek healer take Obi-Wan?s arm and pull it over his shoulder.

?I?ll see what we can do. But ? he should have came to us earlier.?

Mace put a hand on Sabè?s shoulder, sending a few soothing vibes of the Force to calm her down. She seemed terribly worried.

?If I had known?I would?ve taken him?but I didn?t,? she said.

?Fine, he will be,? Yoda said, watching as the Twi?lek healer trudged off holding Obi-Wan?s arm over his shoulder and his arm around his waist. ?Experienced, our healers are.?

Unlike me, Sabè thought with a tinge of resentment at herself.

?To business first,? Mace said, trying to change the subject.

- - -

Obi-Wan finally opened his eyes. He was hanging off a Twi?lek Jedi whose fingers were placed on his forehead. He had fainted. His cheeks flushed from embarrassment.

?Awake, I see? I?ll get you to the Healer?s ward quickly.?

Obi-Wan scanned the Jedi that passed him. He knew someone familiar was approaching. But, he didn?t know whom. His mind was racing.

Then, he saw him. Little Jace Une?his spirit seemed broken. His bright eyes were downcast. His face, as pale as ever. A single bag was slung over his shoulder. It probably carried his cloak. Obi-Wan knew where the young initiate was bound off to go. Then, as if the boy knew, his eyes looked up. And both their green eyes locked onto each other?s.

?Jace,? Obi-Wan called hoarsely.

?We can?t stop,? the healer stated, his paces not stopping.

Jace?s eyes widened at the sight. ?Knight Obi-Wan?? he asked, beginning to walk the opposite way so he could stay beside the sickly Jedi. ?What happened??

Obi-Wan looked up to the Twi?lek, whose eyes were fixed on his destination. He looked back down, still walking, or being dragged, by the Twi?lek, to Jace. He opened his mouth for a moment, then closed it. Then opened it, his voice a whisper, ?Come with me.?

Jace hesitated another step. Then he trotted beside Obi-Wan and the green Twi?lek. ?I?? His eyes darted over his back. He knew he had to go back? ?All right.? He stayed beside Obi-Wan?s side in concern. He knew that the Jedi Knight had been sick?but he hadn?t expected? this?

Obi-Wan let a ghost of a smile pass by his face before he leaned into the Twi?lek, closing his eyes once more. He did not fall unconscious, but he was very weak.

The next thing he knew, he was being laid down into a soft bed. He heard voices, and tried hard to comprehend what they said. All he heard was: ?strong fever? very ill? hasn?t eaten? maybe one or two days.?

Then, he felt a small, cold hand grasp his own warm one. He opened his eyes slightly, only so he could see the boy who had the worst look of fright on his face. Obi-Wan squeezed the boy?s hand reassuringly before he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

The feeling was unexplainab

9. rundownstars

Feb 23, 2003
    an up for the afternoon.

?[face_plain]

10. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    yay, he found Jace, or Jace found him. works for me.

11. rundownstars

Feb 23, 2003
    i'm not posting 'till i have at least two more replies! harhar.

?[face_plain]

err.. maybe i'm not that cruel. i'll post after school.

:D

be happy!

12. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Comes out of delurking. . . I'm here! :)

Great story! Post soon!

Blade

13. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Hm...how was Anakin able to win a saber tournament, he certainly hasn't fight with a saber before Naboo? Choosen One or not he can't learn that fast, can he?
    I mean to win does not only require technic but experience.

Beside what, I like your fic.

Vadey ( now go and update)

14. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Obi-Wan and the boy seem to really need each other. Obi can understand the pain and fear of facing a life in the AgriCorps, and the little boy can help fill the gaping hole left by Qui-Gon...

Very good plot this far, rundownstars. I love this story so much. [face_love]

Don't worry about the number of replies. There are probably a lot of lurkers who read, and don't take the time to leave their thoughts. Don't be discouraged. ;) This story is great. :D

15. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Poor poor little Obi! :( I can't believe what a total and complete [insert obscene innaporpriate word here] Anakin is being/was to Jace! :mad: Little brat. Obi and Jace sound so perfect together! They can help each other! Go for it Obi! Go for it!! ;) Great Job!

16. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    OOOOHHHHH... how excellent! I love this story so much! I can't believe Qui-Gon isn't getting what he's doing to Obi-Wan. How can he be that thick and so mean?

17. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Why oh why have I not kept up with this?

I'll be sure to do so from now on.

Great job so far.

There's just a couple of things. Obi needs to take Jace as his padawan. And Qui needs to get his head out of his...

lordmaul13

18. rundownstars

Feb 23, 2003
    PaddyJuan [face_mischief]

BLADE_KENOBI :) posting soon. heh, sorry for the delay.

VadeyFan2002 yes .. i was thinking of changing that, or not putting it in at all. but i did put it in .. ngg. yeah, i know anakin wouldn't be able to beat anyone--but let's just say he did.. ;) our little secret, lol. it shows my writing error. heh

LuvEwan heh, yeah. i was just really wanting feedback for the jace character. i want to know if people like him or not.. so far, no bad replies! ;) thanks for the wonderful comments!

P_J_K lol! reminds me of football! go for it, obi! go for iiit!! heh, yes... more bucketheadness for qui-gon. ohhwelll. [face_mischief]

KrystalBlaze [face_love] thanks! i try not to make qui-gon so out of character .. but he is somewhat mean, isn't he? :p

lordmaul13 [face_devil] haha!

- - -

From A Certain Point Of View
    chapter x; the little boy

- - -

He?s just a little boy. Obi-Wan awoke from a dream. His skin was glistening with sweat, his breaths in short pants. He sat up in whatever bed he was in, eyes darting around the room. He then realized, thankfully, that he was in the healer?s ward. He was safe. No one could hurt him here.

But, then, he laid eyes on a young human boy. ?Just a boy.? Obi-Wan?s voice was a raspy whisper. But he knew that he was not speaking of Jace Une?the boy who was sleeping silently, but, yet, shivering. He was speaking of himself.

Don?t leave him. The Force seemed to hiss that to him. He?s just a little boy.

The boy stirred from his position, eyes groggily opening. Bright eyes stared up at Obi-Wan. The young Jedi Knight?s lip began to tremble. He had the most horrible dream.

?Kn-Knight Obi-Wan?? Are you all?? Before Jace could finish, Obi-Wan pulled him into his arms, holding him tightly.

?Please ? stay here with me. Please, say you?ll stay with me.?

Maybe this boy was replenishment. Maybe the little boy named Jace Une was the essence Obi-Wan had needed so desperately. Maybe the little boy was more than what he seemed under that mop of dark, unruly black hair. Maybe Jace Une was the angel Obi-Wan had needed so desperately. Maybe this little boy was what Obi-Wan had needed so desperately. And ? was a replacement for something he could not have?someone that had replaced him.

?I will, Knight Kenobi, I will.?

?Will you be my padawan, young one?? As the boy wept softly into his tunic, Obi-Wan felt tears stinging at his own eyes, but he would not cry. ?I need someone with me. And I think you need me as much as I, you.?

?Yes,? Jace said, pressing his tear-stained face deeper into Obi-Wan?s tunic. ?Yes.?

Stroking the boy?s hair, Obi-Wan hushed him quietly. ?It?s all right now.? Getting back in tune with the Force, Obi-Wan placed his fingertips on the boy?s forehead. ?It?s OK.?

The boy instantly calmed, laying his head softly on Obi-Wan?s shoulder. They stayed like that for a long time, talking quietly.

- - -

Don?t leave him alone. He?s just a little boy.

Qui-Gon groaned. His splitting headache would not go away.

Don?t leave him alone. He?s just a little boy.

- - -

?I?ll be back,? Obi-Wan concluded in a whisper as he watched Jace sit down on the sleepcouch. He had managed to weasel his way out of the healer?s ward, convincing the healers that he was feeling better. With that matter, he was not. But, wanting the boy he had far too long ignored to be at least the slightest bit happy, he had came back to his quarters.

Jace was exhausted, maybe even more than Obi-Wan.

The boy had only nodded before he leaned against the bed gently and watched as Obi-Wan walked out of the room. He was starving and promised he would bring Jace back something to eat as well.

It felt weird to him. It felt as if ? as if he was the one in charge, which he was. He was not the one that needed to be coaxed around anymore. He was the one doing the coaxing. He was the master, not the apprentice. He was the one that would have to put hi

19. rundownstars

Feb 23, 2003
    ... i accidently posted twice. again. :eek: lol, well, then ... up?

20. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Hey, rundownstars, have you, by any chance, seen 'Eye of the Beholder'?

:confused: ... ;)

Another wonderful chapter of a wonderful story.

Perfect mix of angst, hope and...perhaps...romance? [face_love]

Don't get me wrong, usually I hate romance in fics, unless it's done in the right way. I"m sure you'd do it flawlessly. :D

Great job..again!!!

21. rundownstars

Feb 23, 2003
    yes ... as a matter of fact, yes i have seen eye of the beholder. heh.

romance? in this story? maybe or maybe not. i'm not telling! [face_love]

if you have seen beholder, which i doubt you wouldn't have since ewan is in it, than .. well, some scenes may be familiar. liike .. the one scene in this story where obi-wan was watching qui from afar in an earlier chapter. ha.

[face_devil] yes, i am evil.

22. rundownstars

Feb 23, 2003
    From A Certain Point of View
    chapter xi; abduction

- - -

She was adorned in a dark blue, almost black hooded robe, probably designed in the most ethereal of threads of the galaxy. Royal handmaiden to Queen Amidala of the Naboo, Sabè Maberrie, had stood most patiently. Her trustful bodyguard, Captain Panaka, was by her side. Her gaze seemed to shift with every passing being that trudged by. Night on Coruscant was odd to her. Despite the dark sky, if it was even present over the towering buildings, bright neon lights shined from every corner, every crack of Coruscant. The people here were all different. She was sure that she saw a different species of alien walk by every time.

Except for one.

From a certain point of view, it may have seemed as if this masked creature was going about normal business. But Sabè had known better. She had seen that same hooded creature for every past day she had stayed on Coruscant. Though she turned her eyes every time the creature?s eyes did, she knew that it was aware of her knowledge. It knew she knew.

But the strange thing was, it still did not move from its trail?her trail. Out of every person that passed, all she could see, was that certain creature.

Taking in its appearance now, all she noted was a black robe and hood, and gray tunics. It wore a respirator mask. It was obviously not human since the atmosphere on Coruscant was breathable for almost every species. Its hands were bandaged, folded across its chest. It lounged against the wall, almost diagonal from Sabè and Panaka.

But Panaka did not take notice, and Sabè was frightened to note that about her bodyguard.

?Miss Maberrie,? Panaka said in a low tone, ?I think we should await for Jedi Kenobi and his apprentice inside. I?m afraid there are too many creatures inhabiting the streets. It is better if we take a seat.?

Sabè nodded understandingly and followed as Panaka led her into the club. The music pulsed through her ears loudly. The neon lights glowed brightly, making the drinks and food seem like they were gleaming. Panaka suddenly jerked his gaze to the door they had come in.

But he saw no one enter or exit.

Sabè held her breath as her eyes trailed to where Panaka was staring. She saw nothing either. Then she looked at Panaka. He looked as if he was on the same train of thought she was. Panaka simply nodded, Sabè understanding completely, and then he stood.

Where are you Obi-Wan? she thought gravely.

Throughout the last few seconds, Sabè felt herself grow cold. Panaka was gone?looking suspiciously for the stalker he knew had come in after the Queen?s handmaiden. The music pulsed to an even louder deep drone. The tender handed her a blue-glowing drink without saying anything. Reluctantly, she turned to look down at the glass instead of her surroundings.

The music was now deafening. She quickly jerked from her seat. It was then that she felt her arm get yanked behind her back. The nose of a blaster was pressed against her lower back. The breath Sabè was holding was let out in a quick gasp, but only to be hitched again when she was pulled back into the person who was holding her with a death-grip.

?Don?t move, or you won?t have a kidney,? the voice breathed unnaturally into her ear. It seemed as if the creature had some kind of voice-changer because it was so electronic that it sounded like a ventilation shaft. But the voice was deep and low, brooding.

Sabè did not move. She let herself get led through the crowd of people, her face expressionless. She was sure that if she made a scene, she would truly be blasted away. And, of course, she knew who her kidnaper was. It was that lowly alien that had followed her everywhere.

With her arms pinned behind her back, most likely with one hand from the kidnaper, and a gun pressed to her dangerously, she knew that it was definitely not a good idea to try and escape herself.

Of all times, Panaka! she thought desperately.

?Turn left, and keep walking,? the abductor commanded through his face

23. rundownstars

Feb 23, 2003
  24. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Yea! A Post! And a good one by the way.

Obi and Jace you need to come quick and rescue Sabi! Poor Obi can't get a break. Still sick and Yoda still sending him on missions.

I love your character Jace, but why do I get the feeling that something bad is going to happen to him and Obi?

rundownstars you know how to keep us on the edge of our seat!

Keep up the good work!

Blade :cool:

25. LuvEwan

Mar 24, 2002
    Another great, tense chapter rundownstars!!! Loved every word of it. ;) Wonderful job...yet again!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.