main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

From Clone War To Vong War The Animated Follow Up

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ulkesh2, Oct 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Lucasfilm and Cartoon Network should follow up the animated Clone Wars with a series of short Vong War stories. Can you imagine seeing animated Vong! Maybe this could be a project that would answer many questions about Kyle Katarn's role during the Vong War. It would also be ideal for seeing Luke, Han, and Leia again. So in the long run Cartoon Network might be the home of Episodes 7 through 9! The Clone War series may pave the way for the Vong War series and then we might see a feature length trilogy of animated films!

2. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    If it makes George money...

- The Imperial Ewok

3. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    This would be cool, I think the style of the NJO would lend itself well to a cartoon.

Hey, Ulkesh2, did you get yer username from Ulkesh Naranek on B5?

4. Even__Piell

Even__Piell Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    That would be pretty cool, but I doubt it would ever happen...

5. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    I think it might have to air during Adult Swim... ;)

6. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    This idea is wonderful. I want to see it happen. Somebody needs to contact Lucasfilm :p

7. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    eh... I don't think that it would make a very good cartoon. not with shorts... and they're really violent, expecially the Vong...

8. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Yes my Ulkesh2 label is from Babylon 5. Ulkesh (a.k.a. Kosh-Vader)Rulz.

9. Ulkesh2

Oct 28, 2001
    Don't count out this idea. If the Clone Wars animated series does well in feedback to both Lucasfilm and Cartoon Network we very well might get further expansion. The style of these animation projects fit the NJO era well. So who knows if enough of us write to the-powers-that-be...time will tell.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Was Ulkesh's last name Naranek like Kosh? I didn't know that.

11. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Yup. He's Kosh's country cousin. :)

12. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    With folks talking about the Vong as an unintresting enemy, this could make them intresting. Or it could be doomed to failure based on how folks feel about the Vong. Granted, not all of us feel that way. I certainly think that they are an intresting enemy, though I do think that early in the NJO the violence, and particulary that of the Vong, was beaten over our heads as if it were a stick. But if enough people don't care about the Vong enough to doubt that even a cartoon series with them as the enemy will make them intersting, then it's likely that they won't be intrested in watching. Which would kill the show early on.

13. Dark_Ph0enix

Dark_Ph0enix Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2003
    I love the idea of a NJO-based show...
    It would be great for the fans because they might include never before seen ships, how people look, and stuff that has only been in our imaginations before. But it would also bring in more fans and get them to read the books as well...

14. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    I wouldn't mind some short NJO-series in a style similar to that of The Animatrix. If that couldn't happen, though, then I guess that an animated series could work.

15. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    The cartoon format wouldn't be best, especially if done as poorly as this ridiculous "Clone Wars" animation is.

However, the mature content and the gravity/worth with which most fans take their star wars, it occurs to me that the NJO lends itself well to anime, as opposed to pure cartoons.

Such a format also allows people to ignore it if they don't wish it to be part of their concept of canon (ala ewok adventures, computer games and other extremely loosely franchised ventures) but giving the maturity and depth of story that most fans would expect.

I can just see the Yuuzhan Vong beautifully rendered by some of the good anime artists, and this from a person whose hardly seen much anime. I'm sure others would be able to name names of who would be best suited to such a task.

16. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    Live action; it's all about the live action ::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.