main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    What are these five groups?

2. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015

Jedi, Sith, Inquisitors, Witches of Dathomir, Knights of Ren.

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Also there's that group in TCW that Jar Jar runs into.

4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I might be behind, here, but do we know for certain that the Knights of Ren are a Force sensitive group, yet? Kylo is their leader, and Force sensitive, sure, but that in itself tells us nothing.

Rogue Squadron wasn't a Force sensitive group when Luke was Rogue Leader.

5. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

Now that you mention it....we don't know. :(

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Did the Inquisitors get trained by themselves (possibly the Head Inquisitor) though, or did Vader train them all?

If Vader does the actual training - then it can't exactly be said that "Inquisitors train Force-sensitives".

7. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

Well, the Seventh Sister did kind of tell Ezra she would be willing to train him.

8. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Fair enough. Even if Vader or Palpatine trained the Grand Inquisitor - that suggests it's plausible that Inquisitors themselves train new recruits.

9. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015
  10. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Inqusitors were wiped out by the time of ANH, according to Dave Filoni. The Nightsistes were annihilated during the Clone Wars. The Sith were destroyed at Endor by the Chosen One. Three out of the five groups you've mentioned were extinct thirty years prior to TFA. There is only one Jedi left in the galaxy by TFA. Most people of the Star Wars galaxy don't even know the Force exists by TFA. As we see from Rey, people regard the Jedi as a myth because they've been gone from the galaxy for so may decades. Luke never managed to restore them to galactic prominence. The Knights of Ren destroyed his work and caused him to go into exile.

11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
  12. Karl0413

Mar 11, 2015

Actually there is at least one surviving Nightsister post-RotJ:

[​IMG]

13. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007

Huh. How about that. I stand corrected then. Still that makes onoy one Nightsister. The majority of the galaxy's citizens still don't know what the Force is anymore.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I was actually thinking on the dagoyan masters, not the Inquisitors.
    That we know of.
    What are you backing that statement on?

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Who the sin is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Mother Talzin's tribe of Nightsisters was wiped out. That doesn't mean the other tribes are gone (including the Nightbrothers, were Maul and Savage Oppress came from).

17. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Although there were multiple clans of Nightsisters in the EU, the canon seems to treat them as one group. In Dark Disciple, the death of Ventress is presented as the end of the NS as a whole, not just the end of one tribe.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Even the old canon had multiple clans, thanks to the Jedi Alliance game, but that then referred to the Republic comics I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    As far as the new canon is concerned, everything hints at a single Nightsister clan. The Databank entry refers to the Nightsisters as a single coven led by Talzin, and so does Ultimate Star Wars.

20. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    "Retcon" A long lost coven of Nightsisters is discovered in a new novel I betcha.

21. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    To quote a certain Imperial Commandant:

"The Jedi are extinct and the Force is irrelevant."

But with the Jedi all but extinct by TFA, how would the average galactic citizen have any knowledge of the Force?

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Which Imperial Commandant and when did he say that? And I counter with a quote of my own:
    "May the Force be with us."
    - Admiral Gial Ackbar, Return of the Jedi

Karl0413 likes this.
  23. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Force-sensitives get born all the time, they're just not all trained by an order, like Kanata and Ezra before Rebels. Some even work in their own society as shamans, like the granny Lasat.

Gamiel likes this.
  24. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Which is why I really don't think the number of Force-using organizations is limited to three. There must be "shamans", "sorcerers", "priests," "conjurers" or what-have-you all thoughout the galaxy.

darklordoftech and Gamiel like this.
  25. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    The Dagoyan Masters were very minimal in their Force usage, all they could do was foresee certain events. A very limited and rather weak sect. Given Palpatine's expression in the one scene he had with their Queen, he probably sent Darth Vadrr to destroy them once the Empire rose up.