main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    The Klingon empire? True enough, but the Klingon Empire while it has its problems isn't psychotic, IE the Tal Shiar will drag you from your home in the middle of the night and dissapear you. And the Cardassian court system...less said about that the better. The Klingon's are a functional interstellar society, with their problems yes.

Star Wars unfortunately lacks that, the Chiss imperium or the Hapes Consortium (If made canon) may in the future serve fans as that alternative the Klingons do in Star Trek.

PCCViking likes this.
  2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Pssstt.....

We already kind of have a warrior race of clans who are constantly feuding and obsessed with honor.

:)

Guys who go back and forth as allies and enemies constantly.

Admittedly, my view of Klingons is I tend to prefer them as antagonists as I loved what Star Trek: Online did with them. They were the first Klingons with "teeth" since the Undiscovered Country.

3. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009

Who knows It would be funny if the Mando's carve out an empire that is sane, that may eclipse the Imperials in popularity. Though I am more of the Klingon EU fan, the IKS Gorkon Burning House book if a must read for klingon fans (I believe).

4. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    That whole "leadership through battle prowess" is the Mandalorian's weakness. Sooner or later an accomplished Force-Wielder will come along and beat their leader in single combat and take ownership of their entire Empire. History shows that the Sith and the Jedi always defeat the Mandalorians.

5. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I love how Bo Katann gets all this praise despite the fact all her resistance against Maul proves is she's an enormous racist.

AusStig and MercenaryAce like this.
  6. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    I ran a GSRPG once set in the Tales era, and we had the Mandalorians and their Krath vassals mount an invasion of Coruscant. What happened....

Vialco likes this.
  7. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Would love to get my hands on this book because Jo Jerjerrod looks like a very interesting character.

8. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Sadly, the writing is very....well, let's just saying it's no Servants of the Empire.

Or Young Jedi Knights

Or Junior Jedi Knights.

Or the Glove of Darth Vader.

9. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

Is it better than the Aftermath trilogy?

10. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    A bunch of kids chase Jo Jerjerrod around the base suspecting he might be a First Order officer because he's really a stickler for regulations.

Surprise!

He is.

Not much actually happens in the book and the voice feels more like a 7 year old than 15.

AusStig and Vialco like this.
  11. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

Wanna bet? I'll take it.

We still have like three books to go. And besides, if he was truly a member of the First Order, why are the Resistance still on D'Qar in TFA?

I feel like Jerjerrod is divided between what he wants and what his fanatical parents demand.

12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    FWIW I disagree with C19 -- I quite enjoyed Join the Resistance. It's funny and silly, but interesting.

No, it's not Servants of the Empire. But nothing else is.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Noash_Retrac likes this.
  13. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

Considering the number of different writers in the Star Wars universe (Legends then Canon), you shouldn't expect every story to be the same. Every author needs a little leeway.

PCCViking likes this.
  14. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    And don't get me started on Captain-"Sure, I'll shut down the shields rather than die for my cause"-Phasma.

Rennzwerg likes this.
  15. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    And a killer of children. Don't forget Carlac.

MercenaryAce and Charlemagne19 like this.
  16. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006

We acknowledge you don't like TFA, so what?

You're the reason I left the TFA forum page. Move on with your bitterness.

17. CaptainPeabody

CaptainPeabody Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 15, 2008
    Don't mess with my heart. Is it actually comparable to Glove of Darth Vader?

18. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    Poe Dameron #14
    Well It's official the First Order are fricking nuts, they just lobotomized and turned Terex into a mindless drone and a yes man."

Gudenruben2 and Vialco like this.
  19. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer dude.

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh I don't even wanna know what that forum is like...I just get the sense it is not a fun place to be.

There's no law like good old fashion First Order law

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  21. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    I think of it as this as how the two Empires went.

Legends

First Empire

1. Emperor
    2. Pestage
    3. Triumvirate
    4. Isard
    5. Thrawn
    6.Ruling Council
    7. Emperor Reborn
    8. Carnor Jax
    9. Xandel Carivus
    DEFUNCT

Second Empire

1. Daala
    2. Pellaeon
    3. Moff Council Regency
    4. Jagged Fel
    5. Fel Emperors

Canon

1. Emperor
    2. Mas Amedda
    3. Councilman Rax
    4. Mas Amedda
    5. Defunct

In canon, I believe the First Order is going to be a Rump Imperial State which accepts the NR's surrender but exists as a separate organization for years thereafter until it joins then breaks away again. In this reality, the public face of the First Order will actually begin after Mas Amedda's surrender but doesn't attempt military resistance to the Republic due to the fact they know about the plan in the Unknown Regions.

They play nice, so to speak, and are probably subject to reparations and the Galactic Concordance.

They're "Imperial defacto" but not Imperial in truth.

Rennzwerg likes this.
  22. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

See I always get the sense from reading Bloodline and the Propaganda book that the public First Order began closer to before the destruction of Hosnian Prime with the centrist forming a Alliance of planets that would become the Public First Order and that most symbols of the Empire had either died out or hadn't been seen in at least 30 years or so.

Charlemagne19 likes this.
  23. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Oh, that doesn't hold a candle to what Palpatine did to old Bevel in Legends. [face_devil]

24. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    It is doubly funny, though as it's after his rant about free will is evil and should be destroyed.

Karl0413 likes this.
  25. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Not to mention coming after he repeatedly berated the First Order's officers over several issues for not acting like Imperial officers....this is a very old school Imperial-type punishment for a talented but disobedient officer. Got to love irony.