main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The Corellian Industrial Cluster is supposed to be located in the Expansion Region, though. Probably colonized by Corellians.

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Also- there is a "Corellian Mining Consortium" that is listed in the upcoming Guide to Starfighters and Vehicles by DK. Corellians have always been very industrial (even in the EU), the main difference being that in the EU the Corellians intentionally moved all construction efforts off world or into orbit. That way Corellia itself was kept ecologically safe. I'm not sure if the city we see in the SOLO trailer is Coronet, but if it is, it's definitely different from the EU version.

--Adm. Nick

3. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Think of NYC...it is not all Central Park and classic brownstones, and beautiful skycrapers. There are run down areas...and if you have ever walked the streets then you know all about getting hit with the stench of grease traps every couple blocks.

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Han Solo being from Corellia...was that originally established by some official source, or was it something the old EU came up with and they just recycled into the new canon?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The novelization of ANH refers to him as a Corellian. Han talks about having outrun "the big Corellian ships" too.

6. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    We really only see snippets of post-Endor Corellia in Chuck Wendig's Aftermath trilogy. Coronet City is shown, though it's presented more as a typical big city and doesn't exactly elaborate on the ecological state of the world. It's part of the New Republic and it's producing "assault frigates" for the NRDF. While a little part of me would love the old EU Assault Frigates to be recanonized, I'm all for these being a new design. It reminds me of the "fast frigates" that the Corellians produced during the Alsakan Conflicts in the old EU. Smaller, faster, and more heavily armed than Coruscanti or Alsakani cruisers.

If the Corellians were contributing warships to the NRDF, I want them fast and deadly. Perfect for a Corellian design warship.

Ooh... how about this? If the CEC Bunkerbuster corvette was a stock design that was customized for buyers (ie, Virgillia), what if the version they sold to the NRDF was based on the same hull? It's over 300m in length, so it's definitely in the frigate scale.

--Adm. Nick

TheRedBlade likes this.
  7. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    I did not like the AF Mk I thing of converting Dreadnaughts...but I loved the AF Mk IIs. Those are what I want to see recanonized.

8. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I'd love to see an interpretation of AF Mk I's based on Separatist ships instead of the old Dreadnaughts.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

9. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Aren't MK IIs also just converted Dreadnaughts? Either way, both variations are hideous. The "Uglies" of capital ships.

10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Nope - they're purpose-built - the Dreadnaught design was the starting point - but Mark IIs come out of the shipyard looking like that:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Assault_Frigate_Mark_II

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The images of Corellia in FFG's Suns of Fortune aren't ones I'm prepared to give up, though.
    [​IMG]

Darth Caliban likes this.
  12. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Those things are fast in Empire at War but they do not last long against Star Destroyers.

13. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Ship size question...are the Armada capital ships to scale?? The Assault Frigates look too big.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  14. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    The MC-80a is 1,200 meters and the Assault frigate MK I is 700 meters. So yeah they made the Frigates larger.

15. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Good news everyone!

[​IMG]

@jasonfry teased on Twitter that we'll be learning a bit about the State of the New Republic in his highly anticipated novelization for TLJ.

I know I'm an unabashed fanboy of this works, but regardless I think we can expect some really cool little tidbits in this book! :D

--Adm. Nick

Havoc123, JediBatman, Daneira and 2 others like this.
  16. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh man that's awesome!!!! Good to know Jason has us covered

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  17. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Would we be safe in assuming Liberty, Home One and ISD are to scale with each other?

18. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    I would say no. Home One is 1,200 meters and an ISD class II is 1,500.

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    I would say no. Home One is 1,200 meters and an ISD class II is 1,500.[/QUOTE]

And neither of those MC80 (Liberty type and Home One type) in the above image are FFG - both are Mel's Miniatures models.

The actual Liberty and Home One models made for Armada are painted.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    They are very close to being to scale with one another (using 1200m for both Liberty-type and Home One type, which was the official figure at the time Armada was created.

Now that Rebels has suggested that Home One is longer than an ISD:

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/secret-cargo-behind-the-scenes-gallery
    [​IMG]
    the Armada model is undersized - hence people buying larger models and putting them on Armada bases.

On the FFG forum somebody did a sliding scale - with a couple of ships (MC85 and Resurgent-class (TFA Finalizer ) added once the curve had been completed, to extrapolate what their lengths would be if inserted into Armada)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  20. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    I love that this thread has just become another Fleet Junkie thread.

vncredleader likes this.
  21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Or an FFG thread ;)

Jedi Knight Fett and Daneira like this.
  22. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, let’s get back on topic. We have separate existing threads for both of these other topics. ;)

—Adm. Nick

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    And neither of those MC80 (Liberty type and Home One type) in the above image are FFG - both are Mel's Miniatures models.

The actual Liberty and Home One models made for Armada are painted.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    They are very close to being to scale with one another (using 1200m for both Liberty-type and Home One type, which was the official figure at the time Armada was created.

Now that Rebels has suggested that Home One is longer than an ISD:

http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/secret-cargo-behind-the-scenes-gallery
    [​IMG]
    the Armada model is undersized - hence people buying larger models and putting them on Armada bases.

On the FFG forum somebody did a sliding scale - with a couple of ships (MC85 and Resurgent-class (TFA Finalizer ) added once the curve had been completed, to extrapolate what their lengths would be if inserted into Armada)

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    I don't even play armada and I want those models so badly

24. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Daneira and vncredleader like this.
  25. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Ha. this is why I need to scroll down before I make another comment on a thread. :oops:

So on topic: I have been wondering about the state of the criminal underworld at the time of the ST. Leia and Casterfo took out the organization which replaced Jabba, and was working with the FO. The FO is also at the very least in communication with the Guavian Death Gang. What I am wondering is how that relationship is gonna change given the FO now having a hostile takeover. I doubt the FO is going to allow groups like these to operate freely for long. On top of that we have a power vacuum in the underworld. I wonder if the NR will possibly try to get involved in that power vacuum in order to get resources while they form a full army. I mean with the FO invading major systems it is unlikely many NR shipyards will have a lot of the resources they need to build new warships for long.