main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit From Endor to Exegol - The State of the Galaxy Discussion Thread (Tagged Victory's Price Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Sep 6, 2015.

1. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    For it to support life, farming etc you'd probably need a 'Genesis Device' from Star Trek.

2. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    must be book three - haven't read it but it's next on my list. Thanks for the heads up!

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    It was in Book 1, but only in the interlude with the Acolytes of the Beyond, IIRC.

4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I'll recheck, then; I currently have all three checked out.

5. TheRedBlade

TheRedBlade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2007
    I would have to believe that Taris could bounce back in less than 3000 years, even from a BDZ level bombing. Star Wars tech is RIDICULOUSLY advanced, and the world was important enough in 0 BBY to have a senator.

6. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Maybe Rhakgoul plague outbreaks made repairing certain portions of the planet incredibly difficult, leading to a planet that is mostly rebuilt but still with some sections of post apocalyptic swamp that were too costly to ever fully fix.

7. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Guys... all the stuff from KOTOR isn't canon. So all of that doesn't mean squat to the state of Taris in the new canon.

It's still located on a major hyperlane, that may mean it's a trading hub, which would help explain it's continued prominence. The world pre-Jakku doesn't sound that appealing... basically you have an extreme disparity of wealth. The wealthy live in skytowers guarded by private armies while the poor live in the ruins of the old cities, the dangerous jungles, and among the preponderance of starship wrecks that are on the surface.

Senator Palmo seems noble, I wouldn't be surprised if she was a voice for the downtrodden. I imagine that with the rise of the New Republic that Taris experienced a similar uprising as we saw on Coruscant.

--Adm. Nick

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Exactly my thoughts.

Oh, I don't think he thinks Kylo killed Snoke either.

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I was looking at Aliens of the Galaxy (came out during TFA, IIRC) and it mentioned how the Narqouis (see below) sued the Neimoidians in New Republic court for the centuries of mistreatment as serfs.

[​IMG]

I just realized - if the Narquois were able to sue the Neimoidiaans in a Republic court, wouldn't that mean both were member worlds of the government? If this is the case, it not only confirms a major Seppie world joining the NR, but it is also a great example of how the New Republic brought justice to exploited peoples in the post-Endor years.

Thoughts?

--Adm. Nick

10. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    It makes me wish the Narquois appeared in more prequel era stuff.

TheRedBlade and AdmiralNick22 like this.
  11. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    I want to read a story based on this.

Also, "narquois" is French for "sarcastic," "ironic," something in that vein. Make of that what you will.

TheRedBlade likes this.
  12. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Interesting. Reminds me of the situation in Emissaries of Malestare.

13. TheRedBlade

Mar 17, 2007
    I want to believe it's true, but 1) People file unexecutable lawsuits all the time and 2) the Old Republic's CRIMINAL cases against the Trade Federation didn't get very far. I'm sure Nemodia has been knocked down a few pegs, but I'm sure they still have plenty of resources to throw at a reparations case.

On the other hand, if the New Republic is in the business of supporting reparations cases, it might explain why the Hutts never joined the Republic and Coruscant was sidelined. I mean, could you IMAGINE the number of worlds that could sue humans or the central government?

14. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    This is my dreeeaammmmmmm Snoke assembling Imperial refugees and destroying all who refuse to join him since they can't exactly ask the New Republic for help.

Voltron64 likes this.
  15. TheRedBlade

Mar 17, 2007
    The novelization implies this, sort of. Not everyone was aboard with Snoke's plans and leadership, so all of those people were killed or otherwise neutralized, some more quietly than others. A la current headlines with Russia, perhaps anti-Snokists suffered a mysterious spate of poisonings, disappearances, and Force-induced chokings, heart attacks, and aneurysms.

Voltron64 likes this.
  16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Okay yes but I want the stoooorieeesss of Pellaeon and Sloane watching everything they'e built slip through their fingers.

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    How dare you put their names in the same sentence.

18. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    What if they get married.

19. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    [​IMG]

20. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    #TheAdmiralsPel-Rae-one
    [face_love]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    TheRedBlade likes this.
  21. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Which makes Rey look all-powerful and besting Ren twice. Besting Ren, Snoke, and the Praetorian Guard. Some new leader. Looks pretty weak, but still can kick Hux’s derrière.

For now, I tend to agree with you. But let’s say he believes or will come to believe Ren did it. Makes Ren look worthy of service.

I had hoped Ren and Hux could come together after loyal Hux doing his duty and saving Ren from certain death. And Hux showed his loyalty by giving Ren good counsel of not leaving the shuttle. Maybe they can be buddies.

22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    What if we just ended star wars right now

23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    So, Kylo takes Hux with him down to Crait so the General can't plot behind Kylo's back or arrange for a convenient "accident" to befall Kylo's shuttle. Now, this is quite genre savvy of Kylo, but he's being a bit paranoid. Hux isn't the brightest glowrod in the hallway. If he was, he would've had all guns fire Kylo the moment Luke disappeared. Kylo's blaster-freezing trick wouldn't work on dozens of heavy cannon bolts. A handful of salvos and Hux's primary rival is dead. A missed opportunity for the good General.

24. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Don't shoot at the Devil unless you know you won't miss.

25. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Would they even obey that order though? Hux commands essentially no respect, I imagine if he gives the order to gun down Kylo, the crew of the shuttle just look at him funny for a second and then tie him up. Maybe laugh a little too.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018