main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga From Me To You - a story in e-mails (Vader, Luke, others)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NamelessAlien, Apr 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    This story is being rewritten. If you start reading here, you get the original version. For a different and hopefully longer version, start on Page 5.

Because, to be honest, it would be senseless to read both versions, wouldn't it? :p

Hi!

This was basically an idea of Luke and Vader sending each other messages. "Prince Luke Skywalker" posted something similar on ff.n a while ago, but my idea was born before I even knew of PLS's Notes, so honestly, this is not plagiarizing.

Summary: a tale told through e-mail messages that the characters send to each other. Starts off after ANH and immediately goes AU.

Rating: PG (because I'm not sure I can keep the language on G level).

Okay, off we go.

2. NamelessAlien

Nov 25, 1999
    To: Mon Mothma <peoples_mothma@calamari.org>

Mothma,

It has come to my attention that your band of rebels and traitors is harbouring a Force user. I have you know that all Jedi have been proclaimed traitors and State enemies by Imperial Decree No 4, dated twenty one years back and still in force.

I must determine whether the Force-user you have among your ranks is a fully trained Jedi. For this, have him contact me at the above address as soon as possible. Should you fail to comply, you and your followers will be regarded as Jedi or Jedi followers and treated correspondingly. I am convinced you see the disadvantage of your common underedogs being caught in a Jedi fight.

Think of the number of casualties. Think of your people, Mothma, and make the right decision.

Darth Vader

To: Darth Vader <darthvader@thesith.gov>

Your message, dated 18.06.21, has been received. The matter will be given due consideration.

signed, Mon Mothma.

Mon Mothma showed me your message. I am the person you are looking for, but I am not a Jedi. So there. No need to get your knickers in a twist.

Shooting Star

To: shooting_star@coruscant-freeservice.net

"Shooting Star",

It was wise of you to make yourself known. For this alone, I can safely promise your friends will not be punished on account of you being a Jedi or a Jedi trainee. However, if you truly care for your own life, as well as your friends, you will henceforward refrain from snotty remarks.

Whether you are a Jedi or not, is for me to decide, as I am the only other surviving Jedi at the moment. If it is established that you are not a Jedi, you have the right under Imperial law to the services of an attorney in the judicial proceedings (as you are still a rebel and a traitor), as well as other options that may lessen your eventual punishment. All Jedi, on the other hand, are automatically enemies of the state and as such deprived of those rights.

However, there have been certain developments that have opened up possibilities which you, as a Jedi, would not have had before the destruction of the Imperial battle station. If you turn out to be a Jedi, you will be contacted by me shortly. Taking into account your youth, I may have a proposal for you, depending on your worthiness. You might even find it interesting. You must believe me, young one, I do not wish you ill, unless it becomes unavoidable.

In your reply, state your true name, age, place of birth, parents, and the name of the person(s) who trained you, as well as the duration of the said training.

I must warn you, I will sense any untruth, and any attempt on your behalf to lie or disguise the truth in any way will be treated as non-cooperation.

Darth Vader

TBC

3. NamelessAlien

Nov 25, 1999

I am prepared to answer your questions, even if only for the sake of my friends, but if I do so, will you answer mine? There are some things I need to know, and as the only Jedi, you are the person to ask.

S.S.

If I am satisfied that you have replied to my questions adequately, I will endeavour to answer your questions, provided they are reasonable and do not concern any state secrets or other confidential matters entrusted to me.

Darth Vader

To: Darth Vader <darthvader @thesith.gov>

Okay, I guess I must fulfil my end of the bargain first. Must confess, I thought about it long and hard, and decided there is really nobody left whom this could concern or whom you could hurt on the basis of this information. Except myself, that is.

Therefore I suppose I can safely tell you who trained me, because he is dead anyway, thanks to you. It was Ben Kenobi. His real name was Obiwan or something (I am not sure how to spell that, having only heard the name once or twice). Perhaps you remember, you killed him on Death Star. Or perhaps you don't - with thousands of lives upon your soul, how can you remember a single one of them?

Anyways, Ben sort of trained me all of two and a half days. That is all the training I have received. I have no way of knowing how much training a Jedi requires, but truthfully, that must be not nearly enough? That is one thing you might clarify for me.

Oh, and my name's Luke. I'm 19 and from Tatooine. My father was Anakin Skywalker - I hope this name rings a bell? - but I honestly have no idea who my mother was.

Old Ben told me you killed my father. Ben claimed he had been a Jedi. Since you seem to be in a conversational mood, couldn't you tell me about him? Anything, even if it's only about his death? I've been trying to find some info about him, but everything's been erased from the databanks. I don't even know what he looks like. I'd be grateful
    for any information you are able to give.

Luke Skywalker

To: Darth Vader <darthvader @thesith.gov>

You have not replied to my previous message. I hope you are not planning to back out from our agreement? You claim to have been a Jedi!

Disappointed,
    Luke Skywalker.

4. NamelessAlien

Nov 25, 1999
    CC: solo <solo@nalhutta.net>

Luke, Han,

How are you two, rogues? Yesterday we got an interesting piece of information on the council. It's really not that confidential, but don't go babbling about it, okay? It seems that three days ago Mr Tall'n'Ugly stormed out of an important meeting. Since then all his appointments have been cancelled and his secretary is not taking any messages. Society columns have begun to take interest.

And, most important of all, Mr X at the palace (you know who!) says he did not appear at the Emperor's weekly gathering, upon which His Sleaziness was most distraught...

Where could the old bugger have gone? Well, wherever it is, I hope it's a deep place with lots of fire.

Hope this piece of news cheered you up a little.

Hugs&kisses,

Leia.

P.S. Luke, how goes your Jedi-hunting game with him?

To: L.O. <rememberalderaan@coruscant-freeservice.net>

You were right, Leia, this information was interesting.

You see, three days ago I sent my last message. Remember, we discussed it - the one where I revealed my name and asked about my father. Do I have to be worried now? Not that I think my insignificant self could cause such agitation. He has not even replied. So I still do not know anything about my father.

But still, could it be he's coming for me?
    Perhaps it was my association with Old Ben?

I have moved away from my present location and am writing from a public terminal.

See you soon,

Luke

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This is wonderful. Loved the fact that Vader went into seclusion after finding out about Luke. And Vader's constant harping on the rebels. Oh, I loved the email addresses (didn't catch the references the first time I read them)!!

Keep it up!!

6. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    Very nice :D

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Fun stuff. Loved the email addys.

8. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Oh, keep going! I like it a lot!

9. NamelessAlien

Nov 25, 1999

To: Borsk <feylyaforever@silverwhistle.bothannet.ga>

Hello, love,

Regarding this little confusion concerning Disappearing Sith Lords. A little bird told me V is researching Jedi. The list of names recently brought into his attention include Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Luke Skywalker. Could it be those names caused the itch?

Yours, Mon.

To: shooting_star @coruscant-freeservice.net

Mr Skywalker,

I apologise for my failure to reply promptly.

As regards your training, I can assure you, two days of training is not nearly enough to make one a fully trained Jedi. That must be, in some ways, a relief for you. However, the potential I have felt in you is tremendous, so my offer for a mutual agreement will stand. I wonder if I could persuade you to meet me in person, in a location of your choice.

In clarification, traditionally the Jedi started their training at the same time that they learned to speak, and the apprenticeship lasted about 20 years. I have some materials about Jedi training, mostly concerning the testing and promotion procedures of Jedi trainees. Should you agree to meet me, I might perhaps provide you with some of that, if you are interested. I hope this provides further incentive.

Now to the more personal matters.
    Your master's name was spelled Obi-Wan Kenobi, you ought to remember that, as a master is a very important figure in every aspiring Jedi's life. And concerning Jedi Kenobi, it must have been you, then, on the Imperial battle station. At least now we both have some sort of a visual image of each other. The knowledge gives me certain satisfaction.

Yes, the name Anakin Skywalker does "ring a bell", as you put it. I could tell you some things about him; unfortunately, there are other things, and those are in an overwhelming majority, that I am not at liberty to tell. I have to admit, it was somewhat of a shock to learn he has a son.

One thing I can tell you, though, I did not kill Anakin Skywalker. It was your "friend" and "mentor", Kenobi, who is to blame of the incident where Skywalker all but lost his life. You, young one, should really know better than to trust someone who has a habit of presenting things "from a certain point of view".

I hope this answers some of your questions. If not, I shall endeavour to clarify.

Darth Vader

To: <rememberalderaan@coruscant-freeservice.net>

He replied.
    I'm enclosing the message.

Luke
    [Attachment: msg.txt]

Cc: Luke <shooting_star@coruscant-freeservice.net>

Re: Vader's latest message to Luke

Are you sure it is from Vader? The whole tone seems totally different, unduly familiar and avuncular.

Requesting a meeting, *snort*! Really, how thick can you be?

The Anakin Skywalker part was confusing. Vader didn't kill him; General Kenobi nearly killed him; etc, etc. From Vader's tone I got the feeling they were close. Also, note the present tense. Mon, do you know what happened to Anakin Skywalker? Perhaps our Mr X on Coruscant has the means to find out.

Luke, the man seems to be willing to divulge information to you. Keep up your contact, if possible; but be careful, it could be a trap. What is this proposal of his that he keeps yakking about?

Leia

TBC

10. NamelessAlien

Nov 25, 1999

Hello.

Thanks for clarifying the Jedi training question for me.

You ask me to meet you. Not a good idea. I may be a farmboy, but I'm not that naive. What do you want with me, anyway? Can't you just write?

You were sorta confusing about my father, Anakin Skywalker. If you didn't kill him, then who did? Or did he really die in a space accident, like my uncle told me? Did he die at all? You speak of him as if he were alive. If that is so, please just tell me. I grew up knowing he was a space navigator, and then bam! Ben drops the bomb that he was a Jedi. Since then I've been trying to learn more about him, but I've begun to feel there is a cosmic conspiracy to hide the truth. You know, this is really frustrating.

Luke Skywalker

Hullo, honey,

Oh what an itchy list of names! How about a lecture in history?

One Obi-Wan Kenobi used to be Anakin Skywalker's Jedi master. He was presumed to have died shortly after Clone Wars, only to reappear in holonews earlier this year. Fishy, this Jedi business. Wouldn't be surprised if he popped up again twenty years from now, happy and rosy-cheeked as ever.

Now, love, ask yourself what is the connection between Vader and Anakin Skywalker. As you remember, Vader made his first appearance late in the clone wars, that was about 20 months before Skywalker's death. Then he disappears from the news for more than a year. And see holo archives for the change of appearance. His trademark outfit didn't appear before his re-emergence. What do you make of it?

Yours,
    Borsk

To: Luke <shooting_star@coruscant-freeservice.net>

I keep wondering why you are so fixated on your father. Be careful what you ask, young one. How would feel if you found out he was nothing like what you expect? Then again, would and should you believe it if I told you?

Your intuition serves you well. That is all I can say in this matter.

Darth Vader

11. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    :D :D :D

"freeservice.net", "thesith.gov"... etc. I love these!! [face_laugh]

12. NamelessAlien

Nov 25, 1999
    Thanks to all who responded!

Yup, after all, the Sith are in the "gov". And Mon Mothma fancies herself in the service of the people, hence People's Mothma.

Ouch, bunnies biting again. :) Here's some more.

To: <peoples_mothma@calamari.org>, <rememberalderaan@coruscant-freeservice.net>
    Subject: I told you so!!!!!

Ladies,

Forwarding the tasty bits, for your enjoyment.

Mon, you owe me 20,000, which went to the greedy lizard for this.

Always at your service,
    Borsk

-----------Forwarded message--------------

To: Borsk Fey'lya <feylyaforever@silverwhistle.bothannet.ga>

Borsk,

Enlosed X's reply. As per your request, I'm forwarding this to Evening News, Today's Face and Society

---Original Message---
    To: <alleyes@bothanrevival.net>

It has been confirmed by an unnamed source that Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader are indeed the same person.

Prince Xizor
    CEO
    Black Sun Corporation

------------End Forwarded Message------------

Luke,

You probably know now that it is all over the news. I did not foresee this course of events. I apologise.

Yes, Anakin Skywalker and I are the same person.

How are you coping? Have the reporters been plaguing you?

Darth Vader

To: Vader <darthvader@thesith.gov>

Apprentice,

I am severely disappointed. You did not manage to bury the ghost of Anakin Skywalker completely, now deal with the consequences.

As a disciplinary measure, you will present yourself in my palace within 72 hours, where you will have your right (artificial) hand severed by means of a lightsabre, to remind you of the price of failure.

I want the Skywalker whelp caught within a month.

Sidious.

To: <shooting_star@coruscant-freeservice.net>

Luke,

you didn't come to our little get-together and that has me seriously worried. Don't isolate yourself! I realize, all this news about Vader being Anakin Skywalker must have come as a shock - hell, it was a shock for all of us! But you cannot let it pull you down. You are not Vader, you are completely different! You are a hero and a good friend. He can never be that.

Please, know that my cabin is always open if you want to talk.

Keep well, and chin up,
    Leia.

Luke,

Why do you not reply?

Surely you must understand, I had my reasons for keeping the truth from you. One of the reasons is the very thing that is going on in the media.

Keep safe, and if the reporters harass you, do not hesitate to let me know.

Darth Vader

TBC

13. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    This is great!!!!!

I can't wait for more!!!

14. kithana

kithana Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2002
    Completely awesome I never knew you wrote fics *shrugs* Ah well this is too funny to put down. Update soon I sure hope your not as bad as updating fics as Kee is :p .

Kithana

15. NamelessAlien

Nov 25, 1999

Luke,

If you do not let me know within the next twenty hours that you are alive and well,
    I shall have to assume that you have come to bodily harm, and take appropriate fleet
    action.

Darth Vader

What in the stars do you imagine I have to say to you? Aww, thankee, dad, how
    incredibly sweet that you care?

Why didn't you tell me? You're just as bad as everyone else. I asked you to tell me
    clearly what happened to my father; I *begged* you!!! Like it's not enough that
    people point their fingers, saying, look, Vader's whelp. No, I HAVE TO HEAR IT FROM A
    FRICKIN BLOODY HOLOCHANNEL!!! How cool is that?

You can't even bring yourself to call yourself father, or something. You sign your
    messages Darth Vader. Well, I tell you what. My father was Anakin Skywalker. I have
    nothing to do with one Darth Vader, torturer and murderer.

No, I don't think we have anything to say to each other. Next time I see you in that
    bloody hunchbacked TIE of yours, I hope to blast you to smithereens.

TBC

16. kithana

kithana Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2002
    Redone the Great *bows deeply out of respect* that was a great post though i have to say that it was way to short a post :_| :_| :_| you should have included DV's reply.

You should start a evil authors committee I'm sure there are loads of authors out there that could join it :_| with your cliffies and your...your...uh...I don't know whta to say now....

*runs away*

~kithana :D

17. NamelessAlien

Nov 25, 1999
    Oh, DV is currently gaping like a fish with outrage, he can't quite bring himself to write anything coherent in this state. :p

18. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Kithana, our dearest NA is one of the greatest Sith-writers ever... :D :D :D

19. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    ROTFLMAO!!! [face_laugh]

Those are awesome! Love the mail addresses, especially sith.gov and rememberalderaan@. [face_laugh] :p

Please more! :D

20. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Love it! Love it all! :D :D :D :D More!!! :p

21. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    hehe....great stuff! brilliance! More! :D

22. jendiggity

jendiggity Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    *waves* hi, red! i've been lurking [face_blush] but i have to come out of lurking now to say yay! i love your writing, and i'm glad to see something new and vader-ful from you :D

23. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I love this fic.

Btw, the Vader=flappy fish analogy will no doubt sent me into hysterics for about a week. Fishy, floppy Vader....heee. ^_^

24. NamelessAlien

Nov 25, 1999
    Thankyousas, everybody! Can't live without anything vader-ful in my life now and then ;)

To: Master <master@thesith.gov>

REPORT no 3

Everything normal so far. V sending out thousands of space probes, readying his fleet. It is my impression that he is, indeed, carrying out his mission.

There is still contact with the Skywalker whelp.

Faithfully yours,
    Mara Jade

********************************************´

To: Han Solo <solo@nalhutta.net>

Han,

I'm sorry for taking out my anger on you like that. You didn't deserve it. I've been a prat.

You're right, I am not Vader, he hasn't raised me, he has no right over me. And yet, there is a connection deep inside myself. Perhaps it is because we two are the sole remaining Jedi. I have no way of knowing. But I can't help thinking of him and me, day and night. It's not like I have anything else to do here. So I think.

You see, there was something Leia said in her letter to me. She said that Vader can never be a hero or a good friend. But that is precisely what Ben said about my father. So, there must have been *something* in him, and so I keep asking myself, what if? What if?

I'm probably rambling.

I suppose I don't have to explain why I left the base and went into hiding. You've all been great friends, but still, the stares are sometimes hard to take.

Say hello to Chewie from me, and hugz to Leia.

Luke

Son,

You are too old to be childish. Do you really think I should be overwhelmed with joy and happiness to learn that my own flesh and blood is a rebel who forces war upon the galaxy, a killer who with one push of a button destroys millions, a traitor whom I am tasked to find and destroy?

If you insist on these emotions, then let your hatred really course through you, instead of being merely petulant. Let your mind give it direction, and shape it into an effective weapon. At least then it has some use.

I will find you soon, and then we will talk. Until then, I remain

your father
    (whether you accept it or not)
    Darth Vader

To: MON MOTHMA <peoples_mothma@calamari.org>, Leia <rememberalderaan@coruscant-freeservice.net>, C Rieekan <rieek@hotdot.com>
    Subject: Re: looking for a new base

Got something from an old friend, perhaps it's worth looking into. See forwarded message.

Solo

----------Forwarded Message follows----------

To: solo <solo@nalhutta.net>

solo <solo@nalhutta.net> wrote:
    > I'm planning to set up a bizness. Know any
    > suitable location where certain people would
    > not get too nosey?

In reply to your message: There is one planet in the neighbouring system that is remote and secluded enough, but barely liveable. It's called Hoth. The coordinates you will find in any galactic database.

But I warn you, regardless what the databases say, its average temperature must be near absolute zero.

What type of biz are you getting into, old man?

Lando

-----------
    Baron Lando Calrissian
    Administrator
    Cloud City Enterprise
    Bespin

----------End Forwarded Message-------------

TBC

25. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Hi,NA!

This is marvelous, just too funny.
    And the thought of Mon and Borsk! Love-Honey, heh,heh.

Vadey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.