main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends From One Exile to Another

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darthgriz98, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthgriz98

darthgriz98 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2004
    Disclaimer: This story starts with the Exile, Caleb Veers, leaving Dantooine to find Kreia. It is a romance between the Exile and the Handmaiden. This is my first fan fiction be nice. This author is supported by the Star Wars Unlimited Fan Club; www.swunlimited.net. All characters, places, and so on except for the things I have made up like some character names, and the Exile?s name which was randomly generated, belong to George Lucas, in other words I do not own Star Wars.

FROM ONE EXILE TO ANOTHER CHAPTER 1: I LOOKED UPON HIM WITH LOVE

DANTOOINE

They said he was the death of the force, an echo of sorts, as who he thought were esteemed Jedi Masters attempted to cut him off from the force. He submitted to them, Caleb Veers, the Exile, a former Jedi General in the Mandalorian Wars, submitted to his inevitable fate. He wanted to cause no more pain, no more suffering, no more death.

Then she came, the one he trusted, his mentor and teacher. Kreia. He blacked out and woke up some time later, surrounded by the dead bodies of Masters Vrook, Kavar, and Zez-Kai Ell, their lives drained. He ran back to the Ebon Hawk to find Atton injured in the cockpit.

?That Sith Witch took her!? said Atton.

?Calm down Atton, who took who?? said Caleb, fear in his voice, for deep inside he knew who the former Scoundrel turned Jedi was talking about.

?Kreia, she attacked me after she ran on board saying you were dead. The Handmaiden, she thought Kreia killed you, and thinking she was taking a Sith to judgment is on her way to Telos to find Atris.?

Caleb?s normally suntanned face paled in color. ?We have to save the Handmaiden!? Then realizing that Atton was having trouble standing said, ?Are you going to be OK??

?Yeah, I?ll be OK. I just need to get this ship in the air.? With that, he took the controls and set course for the hidden academy on Telos.

INSIDE THE ACADEMY ON TELOS

?You have returned to us, exiled sister,? stated a Handmaiden sister.

?I have, and with me a bring a Sith Lord; she must be brought to Atris for judgment,? said the Handmaiden.

?She will be dealt with, as will you. You have betrayed us sister. You were always the weakest of us. Now you have abandoned your oath to become a Jedi, just like your whore of a mother! Draw your weapon, Sister no longer, let us see what you can do!? spat the servant of Atris.

?I will not fight you, Sister.?

?You are not our Sister any longer!? cried one of the Sisters as the all drew their weapons and began to attack the former Handmaiden.

One by one, they were struck down, leaving the formerly last of them relatively unharmed. Unharmed, except for the pain in her heart as she unwillingly battled and killed her half-sisters.

She sat in silence as Atris entered the chamber. ?Atris, is she a Sith? What will happen next?? asked the former Handmaiden.

?She is no longer a threat to the Jedi. Now just to find the Exile, Veers, he still must pay for his crimes, it is obvious to me that he is behind all of this.? said Atris.

?NO! He follows the path of a Jedi! The light, Master Atris!? said the fearful Handmaiden.

?A Jedi like you?? stated Atris spitefully, ?You betrayed me for him, don?t think this is not known to me! It is clear to me that you follow a new master now. You follow the Exile Caleb Veers into darkness!? Atris ignited her crimson light saber.

?Atris, what??

?Silence fool!? she interrupted the Handmaiden, ?Draw your light saber, show me your hatred!?

?I don?t want to hurt you Atris, you leave me no choice,? said Handmaiden, drawing her cyan double bladed light saber, the same light saber that Caleb helped her make, with a crystal that matched her eyes and his own double bladed saber. Handmaiden force jumped into the air and attacked Atris from behind only to meet Atris? own saber.

Atris grazed Handmaiden?s stomach with her crimson blade, and as the Handmaiden stumbled back, gave her a blast of force lightning. The Handmaiden screamed in pain as the deadly bo

2. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    An excellent beginning. I did kind of miss the pun on Brianna being the "last of the Handmaidens no longer." I also found the Exile's randomly generated last name to be deliciously ironic.

3. darthgriz98

Aug 6, 2004
    heh wait till you see what i have revan's last name as

4. VIII

VIII Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2005
    This might be interesting..
    Love the Exile´s name though...

5. darthgriz98

Aug 6, 2004
    Disclaimer: Chapter two of From one Exile to Another. I do not own Star Wars. This author supported by the Star Wars Unlimited Fan Club.

CHAPTER 2 AND I LOOKED BACK

TELOS ACADEMY:

?And I looked back.? said Caleb, standing in the doorway with his double bladed light saber activated.

?Exile,? whispered the Handmaiden as she collapsed into unconscious.

?Exile, I knew you would come here. The dark side has compelled you to, just as she said you would. I can sense your hate; strike me with it!? Atris? attention was now on Caleb, the Exile, her eyes burning with anger.

?I do not walk the path of the dark side and you know it!? stated Caleb, ?And I will not strike you down. Where is Kreia, Atris??

Atris screamed and jumped into the air, swinging her crimson blade down on Caleb as he rolled out of the way barely missing her attack. He swung his cyan blade up to meet hers and then swung his own blade down at her legs. ?You cannot win Atris! What has happened to you??

?I have seen truth!? cried Atris as she ran towards her meditation chamber.

Caleb ran after her, but stopped in front of the Handmaiden, still unconscious on the floor. Her dead sisters were also in the room; in his mind he could hear the echo left by their deaths. How they confronted Handmaiden, how she refused to fight them and how they attacked her, then how the Handmaiden struck them down with tears in her eyes.

He opened his eyes and glanced down at the Handmaiden once more before looking up at Atris? chambers and running after her. When he entered the room, he could not see her anywhere. Carefully, he shut his eyes and opened himself to the force. Then he could sense her, hiding in the shadows.

She leapt at him with fire in her eyes. He parried her attack and swung at her blade, cyan smashed into crimson as her blade was shattered at the power of the light within his light saber crystal. Atris sank to her knees as Caleb brought his blade to her neck, ?Kill me, you know as well as I what you must do.?

?I will not kill you, Atris. What happened to you? Where is Kreia?? asked Caleb.

?She is not here, she goes by the name Darth Treya. She, she showed me the darkness I hold inside myself! How slowly I fell, how I never knew I had! These holocrons, they are Sith! Their teachings infected my very soul! Destroy them and then destroy me!?

?Atris! For the last time! I will NOT kill you. But I will destroy the holocrons.?

There was hissing and force lightning from the holocrons that struck Atris as she screamed in agony.

?Atris, where is Darth Treya??

?You know where you must go, and what you must do.? said Atris.

?Malachor.? breathed Caleb.

?Yes, she is there, she plans on killing herself there!?

?Bu? but if she does that??

?Yes, Caleb, it might kill you, if you are bonded to her in the way she said. And if she kills you, the force will die from the echo. Caleb you have to kill her!?

?I really don?t understand. If she kills herself, I die and the force dies. But, if I kill her, all will be set right.?

?Caleb, she hates the force, the way she plans on killing herself would kill you too, but if you kill her it would not be the same.? stated Atris, ?Now, go, save the galaxy, that?s what you?re good at isn?t it??

?Yeah, I guess so, it was Revan?s as well.? said Caleb with a chuckle.

?Well, he isn?t here right now is he? So get going, and thank you for saving me.?

Caleb walked out of the meditation chambers, back into the main hall, where the Handmaiden lay. He knelt down to her, and felt her faint heartbeat. With tears in his eyes he whispered, ?Please, please don?t leave me. I don?t know if you can hear me or not, but I love you, with all my being.?

He could feel her fading away, so he quickly and gently placed his lips against hers as he used the force to save her. The force flowed from Caleb into the Handmaiden.

A tear rolled down his face and landed on hers. Slowly, he felt her heartbeat steady along with her breathing. Then he felt her slowly

6. VIII

VIII Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2005
    Good...
    I can´t wait for the next part...

7. darthgriz98

Aug 6, 2004
    i can have it up by tonight if you all like heh ive got up to chapter 9 done

8. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    Great story :) This is your first story here? It doesn't seem like it at all. Keep up the good work ;)

9. darthgriz98

Aug 6, 2004
    Disclaimer: I don?t own Star Wars as much as I wish I did. So get over it. This author is supported by the Star Wars Unlimited Fan Club.

CHAPTER 3 MR. GALAXY AND THE SNOW BUNNY PRINCESS

The bitter cold ripped through Caleb like a hot blade, but it didn?t seem to faze Brianna. ?How can the cold not bother you?? he asked, snow blowing in his eyes, ?I?m freezing my rear off here!?

?Well, first of all, I?ve lived here most of my life, and I?m used to it. Second of all, I?m wearing your cloak, remember?? She hugged him a bit tighter to bring her warmth to him, ?Feel any better??

?Much.? He smiled at her and then kissed her cheek.

They finally reached the Ebon Hawk, as Caleb carried Brianna up the loading ramp he asked, ?You?re going to have to be looked at, you were injured pretty badly.?

?I know,? she said quietly.

?Who has the best skill in healing? I?m not even sure! We?ve been traveling for almost a year, and I feel like I don?t know half of you.? Said Caleb.

?Well, you better know me!? Said Brianna with a laugh, ?And Caleb, other than Kreia, that would be you. And there would be no way I would allow that? that woman to touch me!?

Caleb smiled at her, ?I guess so, but are you sure you don?t mind?? He asked.

?Not the least bit.? She said with a grin.

EBON HAWK

?Hello people, guess who?s back!? Said Caleb.

?The Spring Fairy?? Asked Mira jokingly.

?Even better, Mr. Galaxy and Snow Bunny, Warrior Princess!? Said Caleb with a smile. Brianna tried to laugh, but the pain was too much and she just ended up moaning. ?Just hang in there Brianna,? said Caleb, ?Mira help me get her to the medical bay, she took quite the bruising in her fight with Atris.?

?Did you kick her ass?? Asked Atton, hopefully.

?No, but I kicked her face at one point.? She said with a smile.

?Close enough.? Said Atton.

Caleb carried her into the med bay and shut the door behind them. Laying her down on the gurney, he wondered how someone like her could love someone like him. ?Its because, there?s just something about you, it, it makes me feel whole. From that first time we battled, I knew I loved you.? Caleb stood in shock, still holding her half lowered onto the gurney.

?Wha? what??

?What? Are you surprised to find that I love you? I already told you that.? She said.

?No, it?s not that. It?s just, did you read my thoughts?? He asked in shock.

?I, I think I did. What?s going on?? She asked suddenly frightened.

?I think I know,? he said, for in his heart he knew exactly what had happened, and part of him was happy, ?When you lay dying in the academy, I used the Force, my own life force, to save you. Combined with the unspoken love we held for each other, it created a bond between us.?

?Like the one you held with Kreia?? She asked.

?I don?t know, but did you hear what I was thinking or did you just feel it?? He asked.

?I felt it, it was as if I could feel your emotions.? She said, wondering what he was aiming at.

?This could be the start of a powerful Force bond. It most likely will get stronger in time. You don?t mind, do you?? He asked almost fearing her answer.

?Of course not. Why would I mind being linked to the most handsome man I?ve ever laid eyes on?? She said with sly grin. Caleb?s face lit up at her comment.

?Really? Then I suppose since you aren?t so bad looking yourself that I don?t mind either my Snow Bunny, Warrior Princess.? He kissed her softly on the lips and looked into her eyes. ?I?d do anything for you.? He whispered into her ear.

?Anything? Really? Could you put me down then, it rather hurts being in this position for so long.?

?Whoops, sorry.? He said laying her down gently.

?OK this isn?t going to be pleasant.? He said, as he had to cut open her Jedi robes to check her burnt and slashed chest. She screamed in pain as the robes stuck to her burnt skin.

Caleb couldn?t do it, even though her wounds weren?t all that terrible since he had healed her but

10. darthgriz98

Aug 6, 2004
    i might as well post what I have up then since chapter 10 will be done soon and i dont want to fall behind with school starting soon

11. darthgriz98

Aug 6, 2004
    Disclaimer: I don?t own Star Wars, Oh well. This author is supported by the Star Wars Unlimited Fan Club. Read and review! Reviews make the world go round!

CHAPTER 4 SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU

EBON HAWK

It had been two weeks, two long weeks since the incident on Dantooine and Telos. Two weeks since the destruction of the Ravager. And it had been one week since the second destruction of Malachor. Just one week since the deaths of Kreia and Hanhar and the near death of Caleb. He would have died there in the heart Malachor at the Treyus Core right along with Kreia.

He would have died had Brianna not come and drug him out to the Ebon Hawk which had just landed near by as the core began to collapse. Caleb remembered lying there half dead, half wishing he was dead as the core began to collapse around him. Then he heard a low rumble in the distance; the Ebon Hawk! Out of it came Brianna and Visas. Brianna ran to him and began to drag him towards the ship despite his protests to let him die as Visas ran for help back on board.

They placed him in the med bay and attended to his grievous wounds. He remembered the immense pain, and he also remembered her staying with him, just as he did for her. She stayed throughout the night and had fallen asleep in the chair next to the bed. She truly loved him as he did her. And now she had saved him as he did for her.

?You are distracted, my love.? Said Brianna, moving herself into an attacking position with a kick aimed at Caleb?s chest. He barely parried the attack, and punched and missed at her head. They were training together in the cargo hold, in their underwear. Even after Caleb offered to let her stay in other areas of the ship, she agreed to stay in the cargo hold where Atton told her she would be for the remainder of their mission. Even after they completed the mission, she still resided there.

?I know, but I?ll be OK,? he said. She again made a kick at his chest and he rolled out of the way. He jumped up and kicked her square in the chest, right where her injuries where still healing. Brianna doubled over in pain and fell to the floor. ?Oh Force, are you all right?? He asked, his face and voice showing his concern as he ran to her.

?I?m fine,? she said, ?but it is unwise to lower your defenses!? She kicked his legs out from under him and soon he was lying next to her in a great deal of pain. ?Why did you take it easy on me? I told you I would hurt you if you did.? She said.

?I thought you where hurt,? he said, confused.

?I am, but you should have attacked.? She said, sometimes Caleb had a hard time getting used to the way Brianna thought in battle and her customs in battle. She sat up and placed a hand on her aching abdomen, which was still healing from her battle with Atris. He crawled over to her and wrapped an arm around her with one hand resting on her healing wound. Caleb gently rubbed it and used the Force to sooth the pain away. ?Thank you.? She whispered. He nodded at her and removed his hand from her chest and placed it around her waist. ?Is something wrong? You are distracted I can sense it,? she said, looking into his troubled eyes.

?I can?t stop thinking about what happened back there, back at Malachor. Three factions of the Sith are gone, dead. Brianna, I can?t believe I trusted her! You were right about her, and I didn?t listen.?

?Can you really blame yourself for trusting your teacher? She was bonded to you. She guided you. I trusted Atris, look where that got us!? Said Brianna.

?But Kreia, she was a Sith this whole time!? He said in despair.

?So was Atris, Kreia only showed her that she truly was. Atris was already on the dark side for years; a lot of people trusted her. It?s not your fault for trusting your mentor.? Brianna said with a frown, painful memories surfacing at thoughts of Atris. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his chest in a warm embrace. Caleb wrapped his arms around her waist as she laid her head on his chest.

?It?s over, it?s finally over.? He whispered into h

12. darthgriz98

Aug 6, 2004
    CHAPTER 5 HAUNT ME IN MY DREAMS

Ebon Hawk; Night in the Cargo Hold

?Sister, we were wondering when you would return to us,? says a Handmaiden sister.

?Yes, Exiled sister, you have returned for judgment.? Says another.

?No, I have brought a Sith, she is a murderer.? I say, I?m confused, what is going on here?

?Dear sister, don?t you understand? You have been exiled. You have betrayed Atris and your family.? Now I?m scared, they are surrounding me from all sides. As they form a circle around me, they chant, ?Betrayer, betrayer?? I back away as they chant, there?s nowhere to go. Suddenly I feel something warm and hard behind me. I turn its Caleb! Why is he here? He looks different, his eyes are no longer warm brown, they are yellow and red and bloodshot. His normally healthy-looking tan skin is gray and sickly looking with a few veins popping out.

He looks as if he has been through Hell and was spat back out again. What happened to my love? He moves to kiss me, but his lips are so cold, his eyes are burning. Oh Force! He has turned to the dark side! ?Help! Somebody help me!? But no one comes. My sisters are almost on top of me, their weapons drawn. I have nowhere to go. I have nothing to do to protect myself but fight, murder even. I can?t do this. Caleb, my handsome Caleb, why, why is this happening? Caleb draws his twin cyan and orange light sabers, the ones I watched him make just before Malachor. Why are you drawing your weapons? Your face its normal again, why are you attacking me. Caleb? It?s me! Brianna, your lover! Don?t you recognize me?

What?s wrong with all of you? I trip and fall to the ground. In the shallow fountain?s waters in the center of the room, I see my face. My skin, it?s pale. My eyes, those eyes that you loved so much, Caleb, my eyes are turning yellow. I don?t understand! Why is this happening! ?Betrayer, Sith betrayer.? Chant my half sisters.

?Sith whore, you have betrayed me. My love, you have forsaken it as you have your oath.? Says Caleb. No! No it?s not that way! I love you! Can?t you see? I?m not a Sith! I?m still Brianna, your love. I still love you. ?I love you no longer. BETRAYER!? As Caleb?s new cyan and orange light sabers slice down.

?CALEB!? Screamed Brianna, as the cold air of the cargo hold seized her lungs in the harsh land of the living. Caleb began to stir next to her, as tears began to fall from her eyes at the realization of where she was and what had happened.

?Sweetheart? Brianna, what?s wrong, are you OK?? He asked, fully awake now and sitting up next to her. It was obvious to him now that she had had a nightmare of some sort and was extremely distraught. She was coated in sweat and couldn?t speak. She looked over at him briefly before collapsing into his arms. He held her tightly as she sobbed. He rubbed her sweat covered back to sooth her apprehensive nerves.

She began to shake badly in his arms as she was wracked with sobs and fear. She must have had one hell of a dream, it takes a lot to faze her, and she?s hyperventilating, he thought to himself. In the back of is mind he could sense how sick she felt. Oh Force I hope she doesn?t get sick on me here. ?I?m going to be sick!? She thought in her head as she rushed out of his arms and to the refresher just out side the cargo hold.

He heard her say, ?I?m going to be sick!? inside his head. Our bond must be getting stronger, he thought, as he ran after her. There she was slouched down on the floor over the toilet, puking her insides out. ?You must have had one hell of a dream, my love, if you?re so worked up,? he said into their bond.

?Can we talk about it latter? I?m a bit preoccupied.? She thought back.

He sat with her rubbing her back until she was finished. He helped her stand up and walk to the sink where she splashed some cold water on her face and washed out her mouth. He then walked her back to bed and held her as she shook as a reaction to being sick and her panic attack. ?Do you want to talk about it?? He

13. darthgriz98

Aug 6, 2004
    CHAPTER 8: IF IT BURNS IT'S HEALING

And tomorrow who knows where we?ll be

From here I can hardly see a thing

But I will follow anyone who brings me to you

For now, forever, for on and on and on

Every Thug Needs a Lady, Alkaline Trio

Dathomir

The Ebon Hawk landed on Dathomir a week and a half after it departed from Courscant. It was a swampy world, inhabited by Rancors and Sith Witches. It basked in the dark side. Brianna could feel it tugging at her insides as she stepped of the ship with Caleb, Bastila, Canderous, and Bao Dur. It felt like something horrible was tugging at the pit of her stomach as she walked through the marshy swamp.

Bastila could sense Revan through their bond. His presence got stronger with every step she took towards him. Nothing would stand in her way now. Not a swamp, not the dark side, not even the terrible things Revan had been fighting for so long. She admitted she was scared, something that didn?t happen often, but had been happening often lately. Bastila Shan had been more scared in the past five years than she had been in her entire life.

As Caleb walked beside Brianna, he could feel her fighting the dark side within herself. She was visibly shivering so he got closer to her side and wrapped one arm around her shoulders. She looked at him gratefully and said, ?The dark side is strong here, and I can feel it inside me.?

?I know, don?t give in no matter what,? the concern he held for her evident in his voice. ?I know you can fight it. If you need help let me help you, we can fight it together.?

Caleb removed his arm from her should as he felt her confidence boost. Instead he took her hand in his as they followed Bastila through the mud. Just ahead they could hear screams of pain and the sound of light sabers crashing. Bastila?s heart leapt for in the clearing were what appeared to be two large Sith Assassins and the love of her life, Revan Vandersex. His dark brown robes were tattered and dirty. His normally short black hair looked like it hadn?t been cut since she last saw him and lay around his shoulders and he had grown a wild beard. His green eyes were unchanged but the scar that ran along side his right eye looked lager than the last time she saw him. He was also a lot more muscular.

She watched as he fought of the dark assassins and wondered if this is how he lived every day. He had nothing but what he carried on him. He started to falter and she decided now was the time. She let out a battle cry and ignited her saber rushing at the assassins. Caleb and Brianna ignited their sabers and force jumped to Revan who had noticed Bastila?s force presence when she landed on the planet. The others ran after Bastila and began to attack. The assassins were dead by the time the others got there after Bastila, Caleb, and Brianna had gotten to them.

Revan stood there with his blue double bladed light saber blazing, his chest heaving. He looked up at Bastila and she looked at him. They both deactivated their sabers and continued to stare dumbly at each other as Caleb said, ?Um, well just head back to the ship and leave you too alone. Com us if you need anything,? he took Brianna?s hand and walked back to the ship with the rest of the crew.

When everyone had gone, Bastila said, ?Revan,? so softly he could barely hear her and she jumped on him. He almost fell over when she wrapped her arms around him.

?Hey Princess,? he said hugging her back.

Bastila slapped Revan saying, ?That is for leaving me!? she slapped him again. ?That is for leaving me in the night without saying good bye!? Then she passionately kissed him before he could say anything. ?That is for keeping yourself alive and coming back to me.?

?I?m so sorry Bastila, my visions were wrong! All my nightmares are wrong! There is a terrible war coming but I cannot fight it alone!? he saw she had tears in her eyes and was hugging him desperately to herself.

?I love you,? she said through her tears as Revan held

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.