main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON From Peterborugh, wanting to join/help start a Fanforce

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Jabbapeconi, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabbapeconi

Jabbapeconi Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2003
    Ive been on SW forums for the past year and a half. My collection is nearing its peak for what my parents will allow :)
    I want something more out of SW then collecting. I am loking to join or help start a club in my local or near local area. I saw the posts of a Durham region club startig. This may be close enough for me but its still like a 45 min drive for me. If not i will likely join the Durham area club. Plz mail me at mobsterpeconiAyahoo.ca or post here to respond with any info.

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Welcome to the FanForce forums Jabbapeconi!

Yes there was an attempt to try and start something in Durham this past summer, but it didn't seem to take. Perhaps next summer they'll have more luck.

If you don't any response here from other people in the Peterborough area there are alternatives.

Basically to form a FF chapter you ned to have at least 3 people get together at 3 announced events. You send the meeting notices to either YoungJediNiagara or CrazyMike (The RSA contacts near the top of this page)

One good suggestion to attract new people from offline is to post a flyer up in local comic, gaming and collectibles stores. Places where Star Wars fans will tend to congregate anyways.

Let the people know via the flyer you are interested in forming a Star Wars fan club and provide contact info. Get those people to register here and say they are interested in a Peterborough chapter as well.

Once you've had a succesful first meeting you can request a forum of your own to organize the following 2 meetings and then become a "part of the tribe".

There are a few other rules you need to be aware of for creating a Star Wars fan club that is also a FanForce chapter, but I'll leave that to one of the RSAs to post a link to or repost in here.

Once again, welcome to the forums, good luck and if you have any questions at all, just ask!

3. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Well the Durham initiative is not finished yet. It is just on hiatus as I am away in Niagara at school. Our biggest problem is finding people in the area. YOu are more then welcome to join us.

4. sw-starwarsfreakness

sw-starwarsfreakness Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2003

*jumps up to greet the newbie* Ahoy Jabbapeconi! Welcome to the Ontario boards! I be Tessa, you're local pixie stick dealer, and nutcase -.-

Now... let's see *racks her brain* Peterborugh. What region may that be in? It isn't far enough to be renfrew is it? I myself spend quite alot of time in Barry's Bay, yet I think I'm over shooting your location :p Sorry if I am. Us city folk think St. Catherines is populated with Bovine!

Either way, avast ye matty, and welcome aboard to our crazy fourms.

5. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    *blinks* @ Tessa

Peterborough is east from TO, around 2-3 hours drive. Stephs from Trenton and went to 1st year at Trent University :)

Good Luck!

6. Jymm_Roquand

Jymm_Roquand Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    Do not be scared by the monkeys. We let them out of their cages to run around. :p

7. Jabbapeconi

Nov 6, 2003
    Nice to know there is some support for collectors in my region or just outside of:) And as far as crazy ppl go they are more than welcome to be crazy around me. Im coo with it. Nice to hear form you all and well chat again sonn prbly.

8. Jabbapeconi

Nov 6, 2003
    Also,
    Pixie sticks are cool.

9. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

He approves of the Pixie Sticks! Huzzah! You are slipping to the dark side, as if you slipped on a banana peal. Muhaha. *falls off chair*

Alright, Starbucks Frapachinos in the Morning Make Tessa Go Crazy.

10. Jabbapeconi

Nov 6, 2003
    Any one here on snowtroopers.ca????

Should all join. Wicked Cnadian SW site.Especially if yer into a form of collecting like i am.

11. Jabbapeconi

Nov 6, 2003
    SO when is th Durham area gonna meet next. Would love to go hang with you folk. LEt me know i guess.

12. SamwiseGamgee

SamwiseGamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Currently there are only two active members and I am out of area. This is why Durham does not yet qualify for status as a club. I am in Niagara. Around mid december I will be back that way if you wanted to get together.

In the meantime there is an event in two weeks time in Niagara. It is quite a hike but most people tend to have fun with such events. You are more then welcome to come out and meet FanForce members from all accross Ontario.

13. Jabbapeconi

Nov 6, 2003
    What are you guys going to be ding? When and were??? WOuld be interested to know but yes quite a drive.

14. sw-starwarsfreakness

Jan 14, 2003

It's a parade. Santa Clause Parade in Niagra Falls, yet we meet in St. Catherines. I'd suggest coming down the night before and ask if you can crash at someone else's place.

Check out the Niagra Fourms for more.

15. SamwiseGamgee

SamwiseGamgee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Jabbapeconi I should be back in Durham in a few weeks and likely we may be getting together a couple of times for movies and comic runs. You are welcome to join us. And remember to check Toronto's boards because they are starting to jump start their event calendar a little more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.