main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC From Richmond to DC...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by keithabbott, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    And so it begins...

My girlfriend who really hates Richmond said "I want to move to NY!!"

We compromised and we're moving from Richmond to NoVA in the next month or so. We're both former members of the Moisture Farm Co-Op in Richmond before it went caputs. Anyhow, you'll likely see us around at some future events.

Keith

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Welcome - and I must say, having lived in both NYC and DC, DC's a pretty good choice!

3. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Thanks. :) But be sure to tell that her about DC vs NY! :) hehe. She loves everything about NY. But I think she really just wants to live in a big city with a subway quite honestly, granted she did live in southern MD for awhile.

But anyhow, finding a job in Richmond has been tough so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the economy is a lot better in DC which I'm beginning to think is true considering I've had more calls about jobs up there than down here.

But anyhow, if you guys are interested in seeing the last project the MFC was involved in..go to Riseofnobility.com (link in my tagline). Kinda shows you guys the projects me and Ann have been involved in. :)

Keith

4. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    Heh. I was the same way a couple of years back about moving to LA, then I realized [retty much everything you could find in LA you could find in DC. I kind of found the same thing to be true about New York. Between DC and Baltimore, the only things NYC has that this area doesn't have is Broadway and 24 hour Indian restauraunts. Aside from that, you can pretty much find it here if you know where to look.

Anyway, glad to have some more people up here. Hope to see you all soon. :)

5. Imperial_Menace

Imperial_Menace Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2003
    Hey Keith
    Just tell your GF that NYC is 2 hours 40 minutes via Acela Express.... NICE!

Welcome to NoVA!

Cricket

6. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Hello fellow 501st member!!! It would be nice to see a more Imperial pressence at our meetings in the future...... [face_devil]

7. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    i was going to join the co-op before but it was too far away. so DC is a fine choice. I like it here its great.

8. BoboeFett

BoboeFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2004
    Welcome Keith!
    Hope the move goes well!
    What line of work are you in if I might be so bold?

Looking forward to meeting you at future events,

Jeff2

9. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Curious...is Acela Express a high speed train? That's a name I haven't heard before (believe it or not).

Thanks for the warm welcome. Oh and yes, I am a 501st member. I'll be sure to make the Old Line Garrison meetings as soon as I make our own. ;) We just started holding them and with all the chaos around planning this move I've not been able to do too much aside from that travel/fun wise. But I'll keep you guys in mind.

Line of work..well..I'm kinda like that Finch guy in Just Shoot Me. hehe. I'm one of the few male administrative assistants in the world.

Anyhow, thanks again for the welcome.
    Keith

10. Imperial_Menace

Imperial_Menace Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2003
    Keith
    Acela Express is one of the Amtrak trains to NYC, from DC. There's also the Metroliner, Metroliner Express, and Acela- all are of varying travel times and cost. The Acela Express is the fastest, but unfortunately priciest- you have to weigh the time you save against the money you spend... but the other trains are affordable and convenient- they dump you off in the heart of Manhattan.

cricket
    TK813

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.