main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends From the Ashes Part 3: -Tahiri/OC stranded in the Unknown Regions-- Update 3 Apr!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by UrbanJedi, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrbanJedi

UrbanJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    I've been away for awhile, but now I'm back. I've started work on the final chapter of the series I started last summer about Tahiri Veila and a Jedi named Zak Celter who was at the academy with her and Anakin Solo. Please visit my other thread--From the Ashes Parts 1 and 2 for the first part of the story. I hope you enjoy.

---------------------------------------------------

From the Ashes 3:

The Dark Lord

With smoke trailing towards the sky, Zak Celter and Tahiri Veila climbed from the wreckage of Zak?s ship, The Force Rider. The two looked banged up and haggard, but neither were seriously injured. Zak jumped down from the fuselage of the ship, on which he was standing and scanned his surroundings.

All that could be seen for kilometers around was green grass and few trees. Zak reached out with the Force to try to make some sense of where he was. He could feel Tahiri right next to him and further away the faint presence of peaceful sentient beings, most likely human. Other than, he had no more clues where he was than he did before he tuned into the Force.

He opened his eyes and turned toward the beautiful Jedi standing next to him. She too had her eyes closed and was trying to ascertain something about their position. When she felt him looking at her, she too opened her eyes.

?Any luck?? asked Zak.

?None at all,? she replied. ?I have no idea where we are. The last thing I saw before the jump to hyperspace was we were going towards the Unknown Regions. Other than that, I have no idea.?

?I sensed some beings off in this direction,? said Zak indicating a direction with a nod of his head.

?Sounds like as good of an idea as any,? said Tahiri. ?Let?s start walking.?

The two set out towards the closest village. They didn?t notice the very scared young man and young woman who witnessed the entire exchange.

-------------------------------------------------

Well, that's it. Hope you enjoyed the first part of this story that will chronical the last chapter of their story. Let me know what you think.

2. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    interesting beginning...can't wait to see more!

WELCOME BACK!!!

3. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    UJ.... dear friend, I have been worried about you. Worried that you might have to go overseas with the war and such. I hope you're doing okay...

Great start to the third part of your story. I always did love your OC!

4. UrbanJedi

Dec 14, 1999
    Hey guys, glad you're here and enjoyed.

I won't be going overseas right now. That's not to say that something couldn't happen down the road, but as it is, I'm safe for now.

I've moved to a new base, a new assignment and a new position. Right now, I'm trying to get settled in my house with my family, remodel my bathroom and livingroom and unpack the thousands of boxes.

Anyways, here's the next installment. I'm a little rusty with my writing, so I hope you all will bear with me. I hope you enjoy the next part of From the Ashes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

They could smell the smoke before they could see it?s source. It was a strange smell, not the acrid burning of duracrete and steel. It was almost soothing. Zak had never smelled anything like it in his life.

As the two Jedi rounded the curve at the base of the green, grass and moss covered hill they were following, the came upon the source of the smoke. A small village lay sprawled out in front of them.

The houses appeared to made from grass, wood and stone. The population was busying itself with many tasks. Women were herding young children through the streets, not much more than mud paths. Men were completing chores from cutting wood, to leading pack animals, working with steel by hand and tending small stores. There was not one piece of technology to be found in the entire scene.

As of yet, Zak and Tahiri were unnoticed, and they continued into the village.

?It looks as if this is a ?male based? society. I think you should let me do the talking as much as possible,? said Zak as they moved closer.

?I think you?re right,? replied Tahiri. ?I?ll stay back and cover you.?

As they moved closer, a young child was the first to spot the strangers.

?Mother,? cried the child as pointed at the two strangers.

Zak could feel the fear well up inside the child, and in turn the child?s mother as she turned to see what had spooked her boy.

?Aye, Masters,? cried the mother as she fell to her knees in front of the Jedi. ?I am sorry for me lad?s shout. Please, I beg of you, don?t punish him?take me instead.?

This caught the Jedi completely off guard. By now, the other people in the village had caught sight of the scene and turned to see the commotion. They looked as scared or more so than the young woman kneeling before Zak and Tahiri.

Zak sent out a soothing sensation in the Force and the crowd seemed to calm a bit. He reached his hand out to the woman who was literally shaking on her knees in front of him. The bewildered look on her face nearly made Zak laugh out loud.

?Rise,? he said when she took his hand. Then, addressing the entire crowd how had formed around him, he said, ?We mean you people no harm. My companion and I have crashed our ship beyond those hills and require a place to sleep. Perhaps some food and water.?

One of the braver men in the crowd stepped forward to meet Zak eye to eye. He was slightly larger in build than Zak, and just as tall. The two men sized each other up for a moment.

?Ye don?t come to do the Dark Knight?s bidding?? he asked.

?I?m not sure who the ?Dark Knight? is, friend,? replied Zak. ?All I know is, my ship has crashed and we have no way to leave here.?

The man looked to his fellow villagers and then back to Zak. Eyeing the Jedi, the man spat onto the ground in front of him. Zak could feel the courage and the anger well up in the man. He didn?t believe Zak.

Suddenly, the man drew a broad sword from a scabbard. Anticipating his move, Zak pulled his lightsaber from where it was concealed under his robes. In one fluid motion, an emerald blade sprung from the hilt and sheared the man?s steel sword cleanly in half.

The man stood staring, dumbfounded, at the smoking piece of steel in his hand. Slowly, he let it fall to the ground. He followed the lower half of his sword as he fell to his knees beside it.

?Please, end my life quickly, My Lord,? he said as he bared his neck to Zak.

Zak extinguished his bla

5. UrbanJedi

Dec 14, 1999
    Just bumping this a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.