main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

From this Moment JA /AU (angst / mush) COMPLETED FIC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by shanobi, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    O.K. This will be relatively short. The plan is to have this completed in 4 to 5 posts. Hope you enjoy :)

Title From this Moment
    Rating G
    Genre Angst/Mush
    Disclaimer All recognizeable characters belong to GL

Summary It was the will of the Force not his own that Qui-Gon Jinn take another apprentice. He would give his knowledge, but he refused to give his heart. Little did he realize that he never really had a choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deciding his desk was not very comfortable, Obi-Wan Kenobi grabbed his data pad and sprawled across his bed on his stomach. Resting his chin on his hand he continued to work on next weeks lessons.

He was tired, but he wanted to finish this last set of problems. He heard movement in the outer room and realized that his master was still up as well.

He had not spoken with his master since evening meal, and even then it was only polite conversation initiated by him to break the awkward silence.

It had been two weeks since he had returned from Bandomeer as Qui-Gons padawan. He was so happy that Qui-Gon had finally accepted him. It didn't take long however for him to realize that perhaps his master had accepted him begrudgingly.

~The Force, with a little help from Yoda, may have willed that he take me as his padawan, but that doesn't mean he has to like it I guess.~

His breath hitched slightly as he thought of how his master had showed no interest in getting to know him as a person.

It had hurt him terribly, it still did, but he had gotten past it. He was a padawan, and he had a great master....the greatest as far as he was concerned. That was what he wanted. He told himself that it didn't matter that his master didn't seem to care about him personally. ~He's supposed to train you, not baby you.~ he thought.

So Obi-Wan had decided to be the best padawan he could be. He did not want to give Qui-Gon any reason to regret his decision to take him on.

Though he was most definately not a morning person Obi-Wan would rise early every morning and prepare breakfast for his master. After cleaning the dishes he was off to his classes for the day. He would meet Qui-Gon for afternoon sparring, then it was back to their quarters to prepare for the evening meal.

Once he had cleared those dishes he would retire to his room for the evening to meditate and work on the lessons he was way ahead in.

He longed to be close to Qui-Gon, but every attempt he had made was rebuffed. After awhile he felt like he was being a nuicense(sp) so he had just stopped trying.

Obi-Wans eyes began to droop as he stared at the blinking light on the data pad. Straightening the arm he had been resting his chin on he slowly bent his head, using the same arm as a pillow.

He told himself again that it didnt matter that Qui-Gon didnt seem to like him. He would fulfill his duty to train Obi-Wan as a padawan. That would be enough.

He knew he was lying to himself, that he wanted so much more. As his eyes closed and he allowed sleep to finally claim him, he allowed himself to dream. He dreamt of what could be.......if his master would only let him in.

Qui-Gon Jinn had finished his tea and was preparing for bed. As he passed his padawans door en route to his own room he noticed a sliver of light beneath the door. He palmed open the door intent on reminding his padawan of curfew.

What he saw could have warmed his heart, if he had let it. The boy was sprawled stomach down on his bed, one arm dangling over the side of the bed, the other being used as a pillow.

A data pad still activated cast a soft green glow across they youths innocent features, making him look even younger than his 13 years. Qui-Gon stood taking in the scene a moment before simply switching off the light and moving on to his own room.

After donning a pair of sleep pants, he paused as he slipped under the covers of his full size bed. The

2. Loryn_Wilde

Loryn_Wilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Guhhhh. I loooove muuuuuush. Please continue. Lovely start.

3. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    If I didn't know mush was coming I would throttle Qui-Gon where he stood.

Good post though. I like your take on Qui-Gon's feelings. How he doesn't want to get close and that they are only teacher and student. Not to many people write his view of things.

~Swede :p

4. Lady_Panaka

Lady_Panaka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    Yes, finish please!

5. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Qui-Gon and Obi mush! Yes! Please finish! I am in desparate need of Qui and Obi mush! :) :)

6. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Just Upping! Will try to get the next post up later tonite :)

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Yeah! You HAVE to post the rest shanobi! I could REALLY use some mush right now! :D

8. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Qui-Gon definitely needs to defrost a bit!! Poor Obi-Wan! Bring on the Mush!!!

9. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Great start Shanobi! I have a bad day so i need the mush!

10. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I love these mush stories,please post soon.PEACE Ewen

11. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    Aakkk still no update? maybe if I post another wonderful post will apear.

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    How could I have missed this?? Please keep posting. How about stretching it out past 4-5 posts? PLEASE :) :)

13. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Good begining. up

14. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Oooh.. you've got me hooked! :) Post!

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    up!!!!

16. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    I thought you said there was going to be a post? :(

17. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Sorry I didnt get this up last nite, I really did try :)

Obi-Wan awoke promptly at 5th hour. Sometime during the night he had awoken and climbed under his covers. ~It's funny how comfortable this bed is when I dont want to get up~ he thought. This was the hardest part though. Once he got out of bed he was fine.

Instead of burrowing back down into the warmth of his comforter like he wanted to, he threw off the covers and got to his feet.

It was almost like going swimming with Bant. Instead of wading into the cool water, torturing himself, he would just run and jump in. That was the only way he could do it.

Still, he looked back over his shoulder longingly at this bed before heading to the fresher.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon exited his bedroom just as Obi-Wan finished setting the table. He stood waiting for his master to be seated.

"Good morning, Master."

"Morning, padawan."

Obi-Wan expected no other conversation to take place so he was surprised when Qui-Gon spoke.

"Do you have plans today Padawan?"

"Yes, master. Bant and I are to meet in the library at 9th hour to begin our research for Master Bel'ya's class."

"I see" was the masters only response.

Qui-Gon was pleased to see that his padawan was being constructive with his free day. He decided that today would be a perfect day for another lesson.

"I have to go into the city today, padawan. I know this is your free day, but would you like to accompany me?"

Obi-Wan was in the process of raising his glass of muju juice when Qui-Gon spoke. He froze, eyes widening slightly in surprise. He wasnt sure he heard correctly.

Had Qui-Gon actually asked him to go somewhere with him? They never did anything together outside of training.

A huge grin stole across his face, breaking his momentary paralysis, "I would love to go with you, master."

Qui-Gon did not notice how softly and almost shyly the boys response was spoken. "Very well," he replied. "Meet me here after noon meal and we'll be on our way."

"I'll be here"

"That's wonderful, Obi" said Bant as she squeezed her friends hand. She had not seen him this happy or excited since he first returned as Master Jinns padawan.

"I still can't believe he asked me. He didn't have to you know, it's a free day for him too." Obi-Wan rattled on, too excited to even think about studying.

"He must want to spend some time with me."

"Well why wouldn't he want to spend time with you. You are pretty special you know." she smiled as he blushed slightly and ducked his head.

"Not so special" he said softly.

"Obi-Wan Kenobi. There's not one person who knows you who would say otherwise," her tone was somewhat admonishing. "Except maybe that lunkhead master of yours."

"BANT!" his eyes widened in horror and he quickly looked around as if expecting said master to appear. "You shouldn't talk like that."

"I know Obi, i'm sorry" she squeezed his hand again. "It's just that you've waited so long for this, and you've been through so much recently. It wouldn't kill him to be nice to you."

"But that's why this is so great," said Obi-Wan getting excited again. "He wants me to go with him, Bant. HE ASKED ME. It wasn't an order, it has nothing to do with training. Maybe he's finally ready to let me in."

She felt her eyes start to water at the hope she saw shining in her friends eyes. She hugged him quickly, hoping he wouldn't see. ~Oh, force. I hope so~ she thought.

"Come on" she said aloud. "We're not going to get any studying done today. Lets go for a swim."

"What time is it?" asked Obi-Wan

"It's only 11th hour, you have plently of time," teased Bant.

"Well, what are we waiting for then?" he flashed her one of his trademark grins and they were off.

After walking two blocks from the temple Obi-Wan and his master caught their first public transport. There was little conversation thus far, but Obi-

18. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I love fics where Qui goes from being all closed up emotionally (afriad of being hurt again) to finally openning up to Obi!!! And this is a very nicely written one.

Looking forward to the next post :D

19. TheSwedishJedi

Sep 15, 2001
    WHACK!

<Qui-Gon rubs his head as he eyes Swede>
    Qui: What was that for?
    Swede: You know full well what that was for.
    Qui: No I don't.
    <Swede rasies the borrowed cane from Yoda again>
    Qui: Alright! Alright! I'll go find Obi-Wan. <He walks away grumbling> Stupid fanfic writers.
    Swede: I heard that!

:D

~Swede :p

20. Padawan_Pelona

Padawan_Pelona Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2002
    This is an awesome story! I love angst/mush. More, more, and more! (please)

21. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    This is great! I can't wait to find out what happens next! Obi lost on Coruscant... Could that mean Obi-hurt? ;)

More soon please!

KG :cool:

22. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Awww, poor Obi.(TM) I love Qui-Gon, but I also love these stories where he is all clueless and Obi-Wan is all angsty, as long as everything ends well. I hope Qui-Gon is worried about his missing padawan. :)

23. Loryn_Wilde

Loryn_Wilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    LOL Kenobi's Girl! "Could that mean Obi-Hurt?" Don't sound TOO excited, lol.

but uhm...could it??

This is a lovely fic and I was VERY SAD when it was not updated last night. But you made up for it with the sheer well-writtenness of this one.

24. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Oh how the vultures circle with the possibility of a little Obi-hurt :)

I hope no one will be disappointed in my intended ending. This is my first foray into angst and mush.

Will do my best to get the last post up by late friday pm. Thanks to all for reading :)

25. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Shamelessly Upping :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.