main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

From this Moment JA /AU (angst / mush) COMPLETED FIC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by shanobi, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Panaka

Lady_Panaka Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2002
    Up..up..and away!!

LP

2. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Yes,I too like stories where QGJ finally figures out hes an A$$.Hey greencat its time to grace these boards with one of your great QGJ/OBI stories.PEACE Ewen

3. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Well, it seems i was mistaken when i said i could get this done in 3 posts. There will be one more after this post. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon Jinn strode from the last transport that would take him to his destination. His mind had been preoccupied since speaking with his padawan regarding his lesson. Something wasn't quite right with the boy.

He was thankful Obi-Wan had remained quiet and seemed to be trying to focus on his lesson. He simply took it for granted that the boy was two steps behind and to the left of him.

Something in the boys eyes when they spoke earlier kept tugging at his heart.....no, his thoughts. ~Force, where did that thought come from."

The little shop that was his destination came into view. He had come here quite often over the past decade or so, whenever he was on planet. Yes, it was a bit far to come for his favorite tea, but some things were worth the extra effort.

Some things were worth the extra effort.

He turned to address his padawan and was shocked when he realized that the boy was not there. For a moment he could not move. His mind raced with possibilities.

Reaching out with the force he sensed no darkness or disturbance. He relaxed, only slightly. Next he tried to hone in on his padawans force signature. The boy had an unusually bright and untainted presence within the force.

Unfortunately, there appeared to be a significant distance between them and too many other beings in the way.

With no other choice available, Qui-Gon tried to access the bond. The link felt tenuous and weak. He could sense his padawan as unharmed, but the distance prevented him from sensing anything else.

For the first time, he silently cursed himself for not nurturing the bond before now. He had no doubt that if there were an immediate danger that the bond would flare to life, as it had on Bandomeer.

It didn't take him long to surmise what had most likely happened. They had gotten seperated. The boy had probably lost his focus and stopped to gawk at something, while he had kept going assuming the boy was right behind him.

He sighed in annoyance. He was wet and annoyed. ~Well, atleast he's smart enough to make his way back to the temple. I didn't come all this way for nothing,~ he thought. With that he entered the little shop to procure his favorite tea.

When Qui-Gon exited the shop he noticed the rain showed no sign of slowing. As a matter of fact, it looked to be getting worse.

It had taken him 2 hours to get here, he really didnt feel like trudging all the way back to the public transports and making all those changeovers again.

Instead he flagged down an air taxi. It would cut his time in half and it would be much drier. After directing the driver to the temple, he sat back to enjoy the ride.

He was sure his padawan would be waiting for him, probably expecting and waiting for a rebuke. Qui-Gon began to thinking of ways to help the boy improve his focus. ~Perhaps, two more hours a day of meditation will help,~ he thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan was getting a little worried. It had been 3 hours since he had 'lost' his master. Thoughts of whether or not he did the right thing by staying put kept taunting him.

The square was relatively empty, except for the occasional person sprinting through trying to get somewhere out of the rain. No one paid any attention to the soggy, sad little padawan who sat at the edge of the square.

Obi-Wan was cold, wet, miserable and hungry. Other than the juice he'd had at breakfast he'd not eaten since last evening. He'd had so much fun swimming with Bant earlier today that they had missed noon meal.

~Force, i'd even settle for one of those nasty ration bars right now~ he tought as he looked down at his little companion.

He smiled at the soggy little critter that had remarkably reduced in size with all that fur now wet. The smile was empty though.

His hunger no where near compared to the despair he felt at disap

4. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    QGJ has really outdone himself now.He was so willing to take the Chosen one in Phantom Menace,but he left a poor little puppy out in the rain and cold.OH.....I AM MAD.Someone put a brain and a heart in this man.PEACE Ewen

5. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    (sigh) :( I love you Qui-Gon, but I could just kick you. And to make poor Obi leave that puppy behind (good thing it wasn't a kitten)... on second thought, I think I will kick you. (Whhuummp!) ;) Looking forward to the mush. ;)

6. Loryn_Wilde

Loryn_Wilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Ohohoh. That was so terribly good. Very nicely done. Precious Obi. [face_clown] I cannot WAIT for Qui to come around. BWA-haha...

7. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    More posts are always good. Mush is even better. :D I'll leave Qui alone this time since I've read too many fics with him being a jerk tonight. Plus there's promised mush!

~Swede :p

8. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    snif, snif, snif

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    There does to seem to be alot of evil QGJ on a couple of ff sites,this one included and I really to love QGJ.Please post soon.PEACE Ewen

10. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Naughty Naughty Qui-Gon! Leaving that poor puppy out in the rain . . . not like you at all to be so harsh to a poor little critter (unless that critter is Obi, but hey, what are Padawans for?) ;)

The more posts on this story the better, feel free to extend it all you like.

11. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Poor Obi! Poor puppy! Poor Qui! (Why did I say that, you ask? Because I'm going to kill him next time I see him ;)) Good thing the little puppy wasn't a kitten, or I would have killed Qui on the spot! Yesm I love kitties... :D

More soon please! :)

KG :cool:

12. blueangel

blueangel Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2001
    This story is really good!!
    Poor Obi, He had so much hope for this day and then THAT happend!!!
    Qui-Gon should kick himself!!!
    He can be so stupid and soo stubborn,*arg*
    Need more,
    ba

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Post please PEACE Ewen

14. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Should have a post by wedensday. Sorry for the wait, busy weekend :)

THANKS FOR ALL THE WONDERFUL FB :D

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Oh come on.one post left???Post already!!!!!PEACE Ewen

16. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Ok, I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is, I am not finished with the last post. The good news is, i'm going to post what I do have. Sorry :( Things keep getting in the way of me finishing this. I had said I would post on wed. so I wanted to keep my word. Sorry if its so late for some of you. I'm on EST and I dont get to post til after 10 pm. The next post will be up tonite :)

17. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    OK, here it is. I had a little bit of trouble with this next part. It just didnt flow as well as I would like, but here you go anyways. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon Jinn sighed as he sat in his comfortable, overstuffed chair. He had taken a warm shower, changed into his sleepwear and had his hand wrapped around a nice hot cup of his favorite tea.

His thoughts, as he sipped his tea, were centered on his apprentice. His mind kept going back to that scene in the square.

The relief he felt upon finding Obi-Wan, and that no harm had come to the boy was not all that surprising. He was not heartless, and he did care for Obi-Wan. Like any Master would care for his padawan. That was his story and he was sticking to it.

What bothered him was the fleeting look of happiness that had appeared on the boys face when he finally looked up and saw his master. The unguarded emotion was so raw and so true that it couldn't have been faked.

~He was happy to see ME~ he thought. ~Not his master, not his teacher, but just ME~ Now, hours later and in the privacy of his own mind, Qui-Gon could admit how much that one look had scared him.

He knew the boy had wanted more from him, but he had thought they had come to an understanding.

Qui-Gon closed his eyes remembering the look of hurt on the boys face. He had not meant to be so.....mean. He knew he was often aloof and bordered on cold at times, but it was not like him to be so deliberately cruel.

He knew that his behavior towards the boy was based more on his own fear of his feelings rather than anything the boy had done.

~...and the puppy!~ Qui-Gon almost groaned as he turned his eyes to the ceiling. ~Force! Why didn't you just kick it too?~

He was beginning to see how outrageous his response to the whole afternoon had been. Yes, the boy and gotten lost. It was not the end of the world. He was young and still had much to learn.

That part of the afternoon wasn't what concerned him. It was his chaotic emotional reaction that bothered him.

He mentally winced recalling his hurtful words to the boy. He had felt bad as soon as they left his mouth, but he could not take them back. Would not.

The flash of pain he saw in those changeable eyes cut him deeply. He could not think about it then, he did not want to think about it now.

His instincts had told him to move, to apologize, to soothe, to....something, anything. But he did nothing.

~Well~ purposefully changing his train of thought ~the boy does not deserve to be punished, but perhaps extra meditations would be in order. If he had stayed focused this whole situation could have been avoided.~

Qui-Gon was still not ready to admit that the boy had staked a claim on his heart. If he were to admit that, there would be no turning back.

It was getting late he realized as he finished his tea. Like the night before, he noticed a sliver of light beneath Obi-Wans door as he passed to his own room. It was well pass the boys curfew. He sighed ~I hope this is not going to become a habit.~

He palmed open the door intent on speaking that same thought to the boy. He froze at the site that greeted him.

His padawan lay curled in a ball on his bed facing the door, clutching his pillow tightly. The pale white face looked extremely young and was streaked with trails of tears that had long since dried.

Qui-Gon did not need to access the bond to feel the misery that radiated from his apprentice. Not for the first time that day Qui-Gon was struck with how innocent and vulnerable the boy looked......not just looked, but IS.

Suddenly he was struck with the realization that the boy was just that.....a boy. More than just a Jedi padawan to the great Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn, more than just what he could mold him into. Just more. So much more.

He sagged against the doorway as that realization hit home. In his minds eye he saw a vibrant full of life boy with laughing eyes and an impish grin.

What happened to that boy?

In another revelation, he realiz

18. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Actually I have no complaints if you stretch it out to be a longer story. Just don't shoprten the posts to do it.

So- MORE PLEASE :)

19. Loryn_Wilde

Loryn_Wilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Wow! That was so very good!!! That whole scene when Qui walks into the bedroom was incredibly touching. I can't wait for the next post.

20. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Finally I got a chance to read this. Nice job Shanobi! A great emotional scene! But what a horrible place to leave us...hehehe! :)

Obi

21. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    SO VERY GOOOOD!!!!WILL BE CHECKING IN TOMORROW FOR THE OTHER POST.see QGJ IS A BIG SOFTIE AFTERALL!!!!!!!!peace Ewen

22. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Upping :)

Thanks to all for the comments on the last post. I had a hard time with it, trying to make it believable.

I will have the next post up as soon as the last word is written, but not promising an exact time. Its too stressfull if I end up not being able to make it.

23. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    :) Good angst! More angst, soon? Then mush? (really, that's all I need, Angst, mush. . . and this thermos)

24. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Why oh why did you have to leave it there?!!!!

KG :cool:

;) You know I want more...

25. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.