main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

From this Moment JA /AU (angst / mush) COMPLETED FIC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by shanobi, Feb 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    i know i know long time no reply for me, but i have been soo busy with me going in the army and all and i leave this tuesday for bootcamp me is alittle busy but i'm still reading my SW storys like this one and i hope it's done before i go thankies

jenni

2. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    Wonderful story!!!
    When Qui-Gon realize the truth it´s almost too late!!!
    Sometimes Qui-Gon is a bit slow, typical!!!
    But he´s an emotional nice guy!!!
    Angel_Skywalker

3. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    This is a great fic!! Post soon, shanobi!

4. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    OK, here is the other part to the last post. I have switched gears yet again, and decided to add to my original ending. So, there will be more coming after this post. Hopefully just one more. I know , i know, make up my mind :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With a small judicious use of the force, Qui-Gon released the locking mechanism on the door to his quarters. Quickly turning to Obi-Wan, he moved to hold the boy down, not knowing what else to do.

"Qui-Gon," said An-Paj as he rushed to the bedside. "When did this start?"

"Just now, when you rang the buzzer," Qui-Gon spoke quickly, almost desperately. "Do something."

Remaining calm, the healer spoke, "There's nothing to do Qui, we need to wait it out."

Qui-Gon could not remember the last time he had felt this helpless. The boys eyes were partially open, and all Qui-Gon could see was the whites of his eyes. "His lips are turning blue!" he turned wild eyes to the healer.

Just then the boys thrashing stopped and Obi-Wan lay completely still.

"Qui-Gon, I need you to step outside."

"Like hell..."

"NOW, Qui-Gon!" as he spoke, An-Paj removed various instruments from is bag. "You have a very sick padawan here and I dont have time to argue with you."

Reluctantly Qui-Gon retreated to the outer room. He sat in the same chair he had vacated less than an hour before. It seemed so much longer.

He sat unmoving, as if in shock. He played the last hour over and over again in his head. The image of Obi-Wan curled up on his bed after crying himself to sleep kept taunting him.

He closed his eyes. Why did it feel like he'd just found the boy? He'd been here all along. He thought about the last two weeks and really decided to examine them.

Had he been so closed off that he hadn't really paid any attention to the pain he was causing his padawan?

Being truthful with himself finally, he had to admit that on some level he did know. He had just chosen to ignore it. He had been so wrapped up in protecting his own feelings that he completely disregarded those of his padawan.

In light of this newest revelation, he hung his head in shame. He recalled every hurtful thing that was said, and not said. Every shy smile, every hopeful glance, every flash of pain that he had caused in those way too expressive sea-change eyes.

He had to make it right. Now that he had given himself permission to care for the boy, he could not stop the flood of paternal emotions that seemed to want to break free.

An-Paj emerged from his bedroom, breaking him from his reverie. Qui-Gon was immediatley on his feet and stepped forward to meet the healer, "How is he?"

"He's got a fever of 104 degrees and he's seriously dehydrated, which is most likely what caused the seizure. I've given him something that should reduce the fever, but you will have to check it every 1/2 hour or so."

Qui-Gon nodded, checking his chrono.

"I've applied an IV infusion patch to his right arm, to help with the dehydration, so be mindful of that."

"Shouldn't we move him to the Healers Wing?" Qui-Gon asked.

"I dont think that is necessary, Qui. Knowing Obi-Wan he'll be more comfortable here. Just keep him cool, and if his fever does not go down--comm me immediately."

"Alright," Qui-Gon spoke wearily, distractedly as he carded his fingers through his hair. "Thank you, An-Paj."

"How are you doing, Qui?" the healer could tell that his friend was rattled.

"I'm fine. Its Obi-Wan i'm worried about. Is he really going to be alright?"

"Qui, children get sick all the time. It's scary sometimes i know, but he's going to be fine."

Qui-Gon only nodded, not wanting to elaborate on just how relieved he was at the healers words.

"I'll check back in the morning."

After seeing An-Paj to the door, Qui-Gon returned to his room. He was struck again with how small his padawan looked, especially in his large bed.

The restless movements had ceased and the pale face looked relaxed. Moving to Obi-Wans bedside he noted his rig

5. Padawan_Pelona

Padawan_Pelona Jedi Youngling

Jan 12, 2002
    Awesome post! I saw this thread had been updated when I went to update my own thread, but by the time I was done, I didn't see it anymore. So anyway, I searched, I found it, and now I'm upping it. (You should have seen me for a minute there, scrolling up and down in a panic going "ack! Where's that thread!?" LOL)

So anyway, good job. I can't wait for the next part.
    -Pelona

6. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Awww, that was so sweet. I'm glad Qui-Gon has decided to open the bond and has finally realized just how much Obi means to him. Now, what about that puppy?! (I really don't want to have to kick Qui-Gon again) ;)

7. Loryn_Wilde

Loryn_Wilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    AW good. Ever so sweet. Anxiously awaiting your next post.

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Great post. I don't mind if you extend the story.

9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Great post.Just a thought.Little boy + little Puppy = mush.PEACE Ewen

10. Angel_Skywalker

Angel_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2002
    That´s great shanobi!!!
    I can´t describe what passage I prefer because the whole szene is soooo cute!!!
    I´m glad there´s still one post!!!
    I dont know what other ending you planed, but this one was wonderful!!!

HOPE FOR MORE

Angel_Skywalker

11. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    hehe well i hope it is too umm the last time i'll be online will be monday morning and part of the after noon after that me is gone at least for now but so far i really love the story your writing's great and the story is great too :)

12. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    You can keep adding on for all I care. I like this story. Very good angish and hopefully good mush coming up.

Glad Qui is relizing what he means to Obi-dear. It was so sweet that he was holding him in the bed.

~Swede :p

13. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    me leaves tomarrow at 4 pm my time :)

14. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Happy sigh. Lovely mush. Shanobi feel free to extend this story as much as you like -- the longer the better :D

15. Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal

Obi_Wan_Kenobis_Gal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    up. This is great. Keep up the good work.

16. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    OK, here it is. I have to warn you though that i may not have time to get the whole post up. If not, i will post the rest tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was close to 8th hour when Qui-Gon woke again. He moved slightly, adjusting Obi-Wan within his arms. He took the boys temperature again and was relieved to see that it was back to normal.

A slight movement brought his attenion back to his apprentice. The boy was groggily reaching for consciousness. He watched as thick ginger lashes began to flutter.

Through the bond he could feel the boys reluctance to wake up, and some indiscriminant thoughts of how sithly mornings were.

Qui-Gon smiled, until he caught the flare of panic that swept through the boy as his internal time sense alerted him to the hour.

Before he could move to calm the boy, those beautiful green eyes flew open. Eyes wide, he stared directly into those of his master. Qui-Gon saw shock there, shock and panic. Panic not for the hour now, but for his surroundings. Not that he'd noticed anything beyond his master yet.

Anxious to break the stretching silence and to put the boy at ease Qui-Gon spoke, "Good morning. How do you feel?" The boys brow furrowed and Qui-Gon could not surpress a slight chuckle as he spoke again, "it's not a hard question Obi-Wan."

Seemingly still in shock, the boy finally answered, "f....fine. I feel fine." As he spoke, the boys eyes began to scan his surroundings. Qui-Gons heart clenched as he noticed the uncertainty in the boys gaze. He realized it was going to take some time to undo all the damage he'd done.

Trying for a lighter tone, he continued. "Do you have any idea what you put me through last night?" One look at the boy told him that the words had been heard, but not the tone in which he had meant them.

Obi-Wan immediately lowered his eyes and caught his lower lip between his teeth before speaking, "N....no master. I...I...I'm sorry if...."

"Obi-Wan" Qui-Gon interrupted before the lump in his throat could start to form. "Look at me please."

He watched as the boy slowly, hesitantly raised his eyes. Eyes that were slightly awash with unshed tears. Through the bond Qui-Gon could feel the echo of the boys emotions, so hopeful, but so afraid he had disappointed his master yet again.

Qui-Gon raised his hand and cupped one side of the boys face. "I am not angry with you, and you have not disappointed me." As he spoke he gently caressed the boys cheek with his thumb. He smiled sadly as the boys eyes widened slightly at the contact.

"You've been very sick, padawan."

"I was?" Obi-Was asked softly, still staring into his masters eyes.

"Yes, you were. You had a very high fever, so high that you had a seizure."

"I did?" Eyes widened again, this time in horror.

"Yes, you did. You gave me quite the scare..."

"I'm sorry master, I did not mean...." Again the eyes lowered and Qui-Gon could not supress a flash of irritation at himself. He had done this, he had caused this insecure, self deprecating behavior. He could not believe the boy felt he had to apologize for being sick.

"Stop apologizing," Unwittingly, his frustration at himself had crossed over into his voice and his words came out sounding harsh.

He felt Obi-wan stiffen in his arms and the boys breathing seemed to quicken. He could not see Obi-Wans eyes since they were still lowered, but he did see that bottom lip tremble ever so slightly.

Immediately he softened his voice, "Obi-Wan, please look at me." For a moment he thought the boy would not comply. He moved his hand from the side of the boys face to cup his chin. Very gently he urged that face upward, and was heartbroken when a single tear broke free from wet lashes and rolled slowly down the boys face. More broke free and follwed as the boy raised his eyes to meet those of his master.

Looking into those grey tear washed eyes, Qui-Gon could barely restrain his own as he spoke, "Oh, Obi-Wan" letting is emotions break free he decided to trust them.

17. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    For some reason, I am not being allowed to update the date of my post. It keeps coming up *timeout error*

I will change the date as soon as i'm able to. Thanks for reading :)

18. Loryn_Wilde

Loryn_Wilde Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    Ah. Timeout. I'm so glad I checked this to make you finish it - what a wonderful surprise! It was a really excellent story, I enjoyed it very much. The ending was very sweet, and the mush was poi-fect. ;)

!loryn!

19. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Awesome,awesome awesome.Best ending to a QGJ/OBI mush story I have read in awhile.Leave it to Mace to help.I am looking forward to seeing him in the next movie.I just knew we would see that puppy in the end.THANX for a great story.PEACE Ewen

20. blueangel

blueangel Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 8, 2001
    That´s a wonderful end of a great story!!!
    Lot´s of mush, that´s all a good end is needing!!! :) :)
    blueangel

21. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Ahhhh mush! :) Great fic shanobi! Enjoyed it all a lot! :D

22. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Great! Wonderful! Super!

Great much. :D I thought that was very well writen, shanobi. Loved all the emotions by both Obi and Qui. Glad the puppy is being taken care of too. You should write more like that. :)

~Swede :p

23. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Just Upping :)

24. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    A great mushy ending :) And thank you for not forgetting the puppy.

25. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Wonderful warm mush. :) :) This was lovely and you even got nice Mace and the lost puppy into the end. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.