main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST From what you know now, which aspects about TFA have you most excited and which leave you flat?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Nerdling, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamDemamp

AdamDemamp Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2015
    Excited:
    No George
    JJ
    Kylo
    Han's death
    Luke's reveal
    Maz
    The lightsaber
    Finn's character arc
    Rey
    BB8
    Stormtroopers
    Starkiller Base

Flat:
    The BS with the pirates and the weird monster on the Falcon
    Han's return of the smuggling (will be fine with it if it's a means to cope with the loss of his son)

I love the leaked plot outline, it sounds like the best paced film in the saga since Empire (ROTS was paced well, but it relied too heavily on lightsaber fights to carry the plot). It's also not taking the cop out of depicting events from the EU.

2. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    Most Excited: seeing luke and snoke

3. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Excited:
    BB-8
    Max Von Sydow!
    Lupita!

Flat:
    retreads
    JJ Abrams

Jensaarai-defender likes this.
  4. sizziano

sizziano Jedi Master star 2

Nov 16, 2014
    Flat: "New" planets. Yawn. Plot as we know it, rehash isn't the right word but I don't know a better one. Super weapon. Han's role.

Excited: It's Star Wars, not much else to say. I've never been disappointed in a SW movie and I doubt I will start now.

5. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    THIS MOVIES A REHASH

SNOKE IS A REHASH

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  6. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Interesting. It seems that a number of people here want more familiar aliens, but less familiar environments.

7. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013

I noticed that too. In my case, I think I'd like a mix of familiar and new when it comes to both.

-Jedi Joe- likes this.
  8. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm all for completely new aliens, as long as they look and feel right within the context of the pre-established aesthetic Star Wars has for the look and feel of the aliens. Everything we've seen so in terms of alien creatures has looked and felt right, so I'm pleased as punch. If they looked and felt totally wrong, I'd probably be missing the old aliens and creatures more.

9. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I'm with you. I mean, if all the aliens looked like Giger aliens, there'd be a problem.

But so far, all the new guys seem to fit right into the GFFA.

[​IMG]

10. Forceuser707

Forceuser707 Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 23, 2015
    So was Jurassic World, and look how that turned out (BO-wise).

11. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    It's not a rehash, but unless these planets are located in the far outer rim, why haven't we seen any regular species?

That being said I love the new alien designs.

12. Barcode

Barcode Jedi Master star 1

May 19, 2004
    Excited:
    A stormtrooper deserter and a scavenger girl are good ideas for protagonists. Hopefully Rey and Finn will bring back some OT style fun and adventure. No more sitting on couches please.
    Han Solo having a sizeable role.
    Lawrence Kasdan co-writing the script

Flat:
    I could do without another Deathstar-like superweapon - complete with trench!
    Han and Leia's only child being a mass murder leaves me bummed.
    Looks like we never see the OT3 together again either sadly.

13. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Excited: Pretty much everything. Might prefer one big Luke moments as a taste. Kylo Ren is starting to look like a great villain. REALLY looking forward to a good starfighter battle. Haven't had one of those in too long.
    Flat: Wasn't thrilled with Starkill at first, but I like how it is panning out to be quite different form the Death Stars. So, nothing?

14. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    Most excited:
    I want to see what Luke is doing.
    Also,I want to see Rey being trained to use the Force.
    Most flat:
    J.J views about the Force. J.J says that if you believe that you have the Force,than you have it.
    That is not the Force,sorry,is just J.J views.

Darth Nerdling likes this.
  15. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Excited: Snoke, Han's death, Solo children, Vader/Anakin references, Luke kicking ass, Finn.

Flat: Death Star III, secret plans / Luke's lightsaber inside BB-8, "been there, seen that" planets, Leia's Force-sensitivity effectively ignored, Luke in one scene.

16. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015
    Excited: Big three, Millennium Falcon, Passing of the torch to newbies, no Jar Jar.

Flat: Based on all the spoilers I have read, I am seriously disappointed that there will be no plot-line in which Midicholrians become self aware and conglomerate to form an invincible visage of Hayden Christiansen who proceeds to cut down the entire cast due to a distaste for sand. (Way to drop the ball, JJ...just unacceptable.)

17. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    We have a real comedian here.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  18. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    Flat- nothing really, although I am unsure if Ridley will just be "okay" I want her to be great, just not sold yet.

Excited- Han, Kylo Ren

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Not too thrilled with the idea of Han's death or the Big Three not sharing any screen time together (aside from possibly in the flashback), but I'm excited for just about everything else.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  20. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    personally, I'm spending this week reminding myself that everything we're excited about has to fit into a narrative with peaks and troughs; its OK for some things to be less "big" than we thought, OK for some of the characters we've speculated about for months to turn out to be less than crucial. I'm excited that we have a new Star Wars film that seems to have been made with love and care.
    I'd LIKE a *little* more Luke than rumoured, but everyone seems to be forgetting that three years ago, we were never getting any more star wars at all.
    I'm excited that a film can make me this excited still; even if the film turned out to be terrible, I like that the simple fact of a film being made can inspire me creatively, brighten up a year as I speculate, and make me look forward to Christmas more than I have since I was about 11.

Pensivia and Darth Nerdling like this.
  21. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    hmmm...I haven't been following spoilers very closely, so I didn't know that...add that to my "flat" list as well! (rats!)

22. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Two sides of the same coin. On the one side, a loving, respectful restoration of the tone and style of the OT. On the other side, this can easily be read as a cynical branding exercise, unoriginal and without artistic merit. It's a clever forgery.

23. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015
    Excited: Ford might finally get his wish.

Flat: Ford might finally get his wish.

24. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I guess at this point, the only thing I'm truly excited about is that we're getting more Star Wars. I like the idea of focusing on a heroine, and I'll admit, I am excited to see members of the old cast (but I'm not a huge fan of what they've done with them).

Most everything else admittedly still hasn't impressed me, and I don't know if multiple viewings (over the course of several years) will change that. I get that they had to play it "safe" with their first SW film, but this was "safe" to an extreme.

25. Echo7even

Echo7even Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 22, 2015
    I have read all the spoilers.

I'm excited because its Star Wars. I love all 6 movies, the Clone Wars, Rebels etc...

What I'm not so excited about is that from some of the reviews, it seems as if its a rehash of ANH to please the fans. I'm NOT happy at all with Han getting the axe. Regardless, I'm sure I'll still love the movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.