main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Frozen] Do You Want to Build a Snowman? -- one shot-- (Contain's spoilers)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mrjop2, Dec 2, 2013.

1. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    It rained down a gentle flurry. Even at night, it was peaceful and beautiful atmosphere in the forest outside Arendelle. Crystal droplets hung from the vines which hung from the trees, and a clean, crisp chill clasped to the air. It would have been the most beautiful winter night if it wasn’t early July.

The forest was calm and quiet, until the sound of a frantic grunting preceded the coming disruption. Running up the barley snowed covered hill was Else, dressed in her green coronation gown and silk, violate hooded shawl. “Elsa! Elsa!” A pair of voices, one male and the other female, cried out from behind her, pleading for her to stop running. The closer their voices got, the more her powers began to seep from her control, and the more determined she became to get away.

The snow was getting heavier around her and the wind was quickly picking up. It wasn’t long until the snow became blinding, which slowed her pace down drastically. Fighting against the wind and being surrounded by pure white, she began to question her bearings. That uncertainty forced her to stop and try to regain them. The moment she stopped the walls of white seemed to expand outward, and standing there before her was the King and Queen of Arendelle: her parents. “Please Elsa, come home!”

“Stop, stay away from me! I can’t control it!” She pleaded with them.

Echoing from somewhere in the blizzard that surrounded them, a soft child-like voice echoed through the howling wind. “Hey Elsa, do you want to build a snowman?”

“Please, go away! I don’t want to hurt you... any of you!” She fell to her knees, refusing to look at her parents. Flakes of snow mixed with icy sparkles swirled around her violently.

“You must stay calm! Hide your emotions! Keep them in!” Her father urged.

“I—I can’t!”

“Sorcerer! She’s a monster!” Walking out of the whiteness was the Duke of Weseltown. He looked down at her in disdain and disgust. “You’re going to kill everyone!”

She covered her ears as all the voices were coming at her like a raging storm. Her parents continue to plead with her, the Duke continued spewing out lies towards her, and her baby sister continued calling for her to play with her. All the voices were pulling her in different directions. As the pressure built inside of her, the vortex of flakes and sparkles intensified.

The pressure built to the point where she could not take it any longer, and flakes and sparkle mix shot out from her like a wintery explosion. The Duke disappeared, but as the magical flakes sprayed her parents, they instantly started to turn it crystal-ice sculptures. She didn’t notice it until the voices came to an end and when the stress subsided. She found the courage to look up only for the horror to settle in. “Mom! Dad! No!”

With her emotions going wild again, the storm started whipping around violently again. When the white wall of snow engulfed her parents, the emotions again started to build up. She continued to run, wishing that she could find a way to escape these powers that she had been cursed with since birth.

She couldn’t see more than an arm’s length away, but she didn’t care. She had to get as far from her people as possible. It was the only way to keep herself from hurting anyone, especially her baby sister Anna. She love Anne with all her hear, and she prayed that she would come to forgive her for leaving. God knows, how much Anne had been hurt by being forced into seclusion and not even knowing and understanding why?

She ran as hard as she could as the snow on the ground continued to rise. With the wind now working against her, she fought to keep her hooded shawl from flying away. It was as if her powers were now trying to overtake her as well.

As she pushed forward, she was stunned to find Anne in the middle of nowhere, building a snowman. She looked up to see Elsa standing there and a warm smile came upon the face. “Hey Elsa, you want to build a snowman?”

“No, stay away from me, Anne!” Elsa took a step away from her.

“Come on Elsa? What have I done to make you hate me so much?”

Hearing those words was like knife in her heart. That was the farthest from the truth. She loved her more than anything in the world. She wished there was a way she could explain it to her without putting her life in danger. “Please, for your protection, just stay away from me!”

Anna didn’t listen. After years of being ignored, she couldn’t take no for answer. She had to know why they had grown apart over the years. She stomped through the snow towards Elsa. “Why do you hate me?”

“Stop, please! I don’t want to hurt you!” Elsa pleaded. She turned to run but Anna had too much of a head start. Anne reached out and grabbed her bare arm.

Immediately, she squealed in pain and she released her arm. Elsa turned and fought the urge to come to her sister’s aid. Anna quivered as she raised her hands in front of her. Her white skin was quickly turning into crystal-ice, and it was spreading up her arms at rapid pace. “You hurt me? All I wanted to do was play? Why did you hurt me?”

“Anna, no!” Elsa gasped, feeling helpless. She could do nothing but watch as her baby sister turned into ice.

<<< >>>

“No!” Elsa screamed as she shot up from her bed. Yet, another nightmare had decided to continue to deny her a night’s sleep. These dreams had been getting worse since her parents died not more than a week ago.

Tears welled up in her eyes, as her emotions began to overtake her. As her emotions released, her bed began to freeze all around her. She was only eighteen years old... three years from her coronation. How was she supposed to rule a kingdom when she couldn’t even control her powers? Who would teach her everything she needed to know?

Never had she felt so alone as she did then. Anne didn’t understand how much it hurt Else to say no to playing with her all those times growing up. She loved her sister to no end, but she was scared of hurting her. She nearly killed her once when they were younger, and the image of Anne’s near lifeless body on her lap still haunted her all these years later. It was for her protection, that they had been separated, hardly seeing each other except on rare occasions.

Raising her knees beneath the sheets, she wrapped her arms around them and cried.

“Do you want to build a snowman?
    Come on, let’s go and play.
    I never see you anymore. Come out the door.
    It’s like you’ve gone away.
    We used to be best buddies,
    and now we’re not.
    I wish you would tell me why.
    Do you want to build a snowman?
    It doesn’t have to be a snowman.”

Those pleas for attention from Anne had haunted Elsa for what seemed like forever. Those nightmares that had started after her parents death never went away either. The fear of hurting people, especially Anna, was something that had consumed her for so long... until now... or so she thought.

Here in her self-created ice castle, she thought she had finally found freedom. This castle was to be her fortress of solitude. Here, she didn’t have to hide her powers; there was no one around for miles to be hurt. Sure, Anna would have been heartbroken for perhaps the rest of her life, but at least she would be alive.

As it appears, that might not be the case, however. A recent visit from Anna brought her new found freedom crumbling to the ground. She revealed that Elsa had accidentally unleashed an eternal winter on all the land. Not only that, her powers have grown so strong, she could make snow ‘literately’ come to life. The news was too much for her to bare, and she nearly killed her little sister once again when her powers overwhelmed her and she unleashed a wave of frost. Anne took a blast to her heart.

The look on her face was heart wrenching. For a minute, Elsa thought she had killed her, but after the strange mountain-man helped her to her feet, she knew that either her blast was not strong enough to freeze her heart, or that she had narrowly missed it. Either way, it stressed the urgency to get her away from her as soon as possible, and the only way she could think to do so was to create a snow monster to chase them away.

Since that visit, Elsa found herself lost in her thoughts. She remembered the fun days she shared with Anna before they had been separated. As she tried to focus on those thoughts to keep the fear from taking over, she unleashed a small flurry inside of her castle. With a wave of her fingers, the snowflakes began to clump together to make an snowy version of herself.

The snow doll of herself had her arms folded and head dropped. Suddenly another snow doll entered the picture, one that took the shape of Anna. The Snow Anna began to plead with the Snow Elsa. The snow Elsa waved both hands at her, warning her to stay away. At first, she hesitated and stopped, but then she continued to plead for attention. The snow Elsa fell to her knees as the snow around began to intensify. Suddenly the snow exploded in a shockwave, hitting the Snow Anna in the heart. She clasped to her heart as she fell to her knees. She began to disintegrate At that point, the snow Elsa saw what she had done and was quick to run to her, but before she could reach her, the snow Anna completely disintegrated into snowflakes which floated with all the other flakes. The snow doll or Elsa fell to her knees and wept, and it was all that the real Elsa could stand. With a swat of her hand, the flurry image disappeared, and all the snow that had accumulated was all that was left of it.

Her emotions had started to overwhelm her, and she fell to her knees. With a quiver in her voice, she repeated the same words she said when she first arrived on the mountain, when she thought she had finally found freedom. However, this time, the words sounded more hollow knowing that it was these words that now threatened her sisters and everyone else’s lives.

“Don't let them in, don't let them see
    Be the good girl you always have to be
    Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know...
    Let it go, let it go
    Can't hold it back anymore
    Let it go, let it go
    Turn away and slam the door
    I don't care what they're going to say
    Let the storm rage on
    The cold never bothered me anyway

Lying in bed, it was hard to grasp that things had changed so differently from that time in her ice castle three days ago. Three days ago, she was a lonely, desperate, and cursed young woman; now, she was a confident and strong Snow Queen. All the years she shut Anna from her life to protect her from herself when she should have been doing exactly the opposite in order to learn how to control her powers. Fear and the negative emotions was what made her powers unstable, but it was love and the positive emotions that gave her more control. If it wasn’t for Anna’s persistence and her near sacrifice, both of them probably would not be here today.

The nightmares were no longer there; that wasn’t what was keeping her up that night. It was the undying desire and feeling that there were so many things that had to be caught up on. As hard as she tried, she just couldn’t force herself to sleep. Giving up the effort, she sat up and looked out her glass doors at the moon that shone brightly outside.

With a smile, she climbed out of bed, wearing her blue nightgown. With a snap of her fingers, her nightgown transformed into her icy-blue queen’s gown. She walked towards her bedroom double doors and swung them open. She still found it very weird to sleep in the room her parents once slept in, but it was the royal chamber; all the kings and queens of the past have slept in these chambers. It was definitely different from her old room which was right next to Anna’s. She remembered the time Anna actually tried to entice her to come out to play by speaking through the key hole.

Elsa made her way down the corridor full of pictures of past kings and queens. Her footsteps echoed down the dark lifeless hallway. She walked past the main staircase and down the second half of the corridor to the princess’ chambers. When she reached the door, she smiled and gently knocked on the door.

“Uh, yeah?” The groggy voice of her sister faintly said from the other side of the door.

“Hey Anna, do you want to build a snowman?”

Thanks for reading, by fan fiction overload from seeing the movie hasn't stopped yet. My next story will be a full length story, kind of a sequel to the movie.

As the wedding of Anna and Kristoff approaches, a darkness threatens to tear the sisters apart. Elsa learns that her powers may not be a freak accident after all. It appears that a sorceress may have played a part in her curse. This discovery sets of emotions that Elsa struggles to control, which in turns causes her powers to become unstable. This makes her contemplate wanting to find this witch who could very well help her control her powers, or even remove them from her forever. Anna, learning of this, decides to take the trek before Elsa can think about making it herself. All she wants is her big sister to be happy and free from fear that she had fought against for so long. Soon Arendelle is ensnared in new raging storm that threats the two sisters and all the people of this peaceful village. Ultimately, Elsa must make the decision: are these powers of her a curse or a blessing.

Coming soon:
    Frozen: The Snow Queen

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Elsa, having nightmares for so long! I love the end, bringing everything full circle :D

3. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    I thought that would be a nice touch.

4. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Wonderful story! You did an excellent job. I really enjoyed reading it.

=D=

:)