main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Fulcrum

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I'm reminded of TCW Season 1 episode when King Katuunko later says , "One Jedi is not worth 100 battle droids.
    More like, 1,000." So one well trained Jedi can take out massive forces on their own. Yoda also tells the clones to use the force and out think your enemy , that weapons do not win battles, but the mind does. Ahsoka will be following the Jedi teachings, least applying them to win a war . Also it is debatable if the Clone Wars ever really ended, as this a direct continuation as this is still a Civil War. Back in ROTS Lucas already had Sidious say, " We must move quickly. The Jedi are relentless. If they are not all destroyed, it will be civil war without end."

shorttrooper likes this.
  2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Well the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War are kinda like WWI and WWII, in that they are historically regarded as two separate wars, but are joined at the hip, the first war fed directly into the second, and without the events of the first it is highly unlikely the second would have happened. The way WWI was ended and the harsh conditions imposed on Germany eventually resulted in the German people coming to the frame of mind in which they elected a man like Hitler. There are some today who would say that WWI and WWII were really one war with a 20 year cool period between the two hot phases.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I love how you keep on saying negative things about TCW and Rebels why come to this part of the forum to just bash on the show just my thoughts.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Ah Humbug.

shorttrooper likes this.
  6. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    Maybe part of season 2 will be about Ahsoka getting kicked out of the Rebellion.

7. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    This.

I've had this debate with anakinfansince1983 before, and I was on the other side of it from her, but even so, I felt the same way as her when I saw this starting up again.

[​IMG]

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Welcome to humanity its what we do.

9. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I didn't play The Force Unleashed, but isn't that basically what they did with Starkiller? Take this brand new character and stick him into the Rebel Alliance founding plot where nothing would have gotten off the ground if it weren't for him?

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  10. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I still contend that Ahsoka will be the fulcrum just as Paul Atreides (Muad'Dib) was in Dune. A number of CW writers borrowed Dune elements, especially Katie Lucas. I think Filoni is doing the same. I have a feeling that she'll usher in change when it comes to engaging the Empire and the eventual formation of the Rebel Alliance, but she'll fall before seeing it realized. I think she'll provide some of the building blocks that will lead us into ANH - she survived all these years since the purge, likely alone, so she has a destiny to fulfill.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

He was infiltrate the rebel cells that were becoming a growing problem, to have them rally behind a false hope to pretend he is a Jedi . The Rebel alliance which were not yet united or an organized military insurgency under one banner or leader(s), although Bail(with Leia ), Mon Mothma and Garm Bel Iblis(sp?) appeared like they were big three and already funding money atleast to groups like Kota's Militia . You have had the rebel militia of Jedi Master Kota already leading organized assaults the Empire and he was later in contact and supported by Bail at some point following ROTS. Kota was leading his militia since the Clone Wars as he did not trust clones - so he and his men were fighting the Empire since the very beginning and recruiting more men ever since.

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Essentially, yes.

Vader used Starkiller to create a rebellion against the Emperor, in order to round up and execute the main leaders. The Rebel Alliance was basically a clever trap by Vader.

13. BluegrassTK421

BluegrassTK421 Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2015
    As far as I'm concerned, the Rebellion got its start with the Delegation of 2000 and went from there. Those Senators that were inclined to do so, were able to use their personal contacts and resources to jump start their Rebellion. Their diplomatic and consular benefits easily allowed them to slip past Imperial blockades as they sought out like-minded people, smuggled instructors to local insurgent groups --likely Separatist holdouts or militias that had originally been trained by the Republic during the Clone Wars (i.e. - the Onderon rebels) -- already fighting the Empire, and allowed them to forge contacts with black marketeers and businessmen to start forging the supply lines the Rebellion would grow to need. It destroys my suspension of disbelief when it's implied that one person - be it Starkiller, Bail Organa, or Ahsoka - was so instrumental in the early stages of the Rebellion that it couldn't have happened without them.

Alpha-Red and Darth Blade like this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

So your saying that Everyone there were founders of the Rebellion.

15. BluegrassTK421

BluegrassTK421 Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2015

I am, yes. We've been already been shown, on screen, that at least two members of the Delegation of 2000 - Bail Organa and Mon Mothma - had some hand in organizing the Rebellion. And in the Legends/EU continuity, Garm Bell Ibis was another member of the Delegation that became influential figure in the Rebellion (and he also actively organized Rebel cells in the Corellian sector). The Senators had the power, prestige, and resources to get the Rebellion off the ground: here an active insurgent group receives funding from an 'anonymous donor,' while there another Senator has back-room meeting with other influential figures of a sector or planet who just need the smallest bit of convincing to join the Rebellion, and there a diplomatic courier ship is transporting the Death Star plans... A loss of even one of them - through arrest or assassination - would be a blow to the Rebellion. But it would not be the death knell, it would simply create a martyr for those already dedicated to the Rebellion and might sway more to join the Rebellion's ranks.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I can see that anyway do you guys think ashoka will see vader by the end of season 2.

17. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    What do you mean, see?

There are various levels of encounter. You could "see" someone in a holotransmission or video screen transmission. You could see them in the distance across a battlefield. And with Force users like Vader and Ahsoka they could "see" (sense more accurately) eachother through the Force if they were close enough. The range of this seems to depend on how familiar the Force users are with eachother. To a couple of people as close as Anakin and Ahsoka were, they'd probably be able to sense eachother from an AU away, or at least a significant fraction thereof.

And then of course you could have a big ole face to face encounter, two people right in front of eachother. Which I guess is what you likely mean by "see".

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I mean see as in see in person.

Darth Blade and Darth Valkyrus like this.
  19. Darth Blade

Darth Blade Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2014
    I'm guessing no. They should both be used sparingly, and at this point I'm guessing that neither of them will be "boots on the ground" type players on either side of the action.

I do think that the show will tease them seeing each other - maybe they will both be on capital ships in a battle but won't see each other directly. Or Vader will be on his way to a location where Ahsoka and other Rebels are but they will be gone when he gets there.

Whatever happens, there should be a few big moments with them on the show. The first was in the first season finale with us finding out that Ahsoka is Fulcrum and Vader arriving on Lothal back to back. There should also be a big moment when Vader finds out that Ahsoka is working with the rebels, and also when Ahsoka finds out that Vader is Anakin (I'm very interested in seeing how they handle this on the show). Their first encounter should be a big moment, and her death should be another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabberwalkie likes this.
  20. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010

Somehow I don't think so. When Rebel Force Radio interviewed Ashley a few days ago, the best she would say on that subject was that she didn't know one way or the other, and that was all she would say on it, though she's a little scared about the idea of it happening at all. She also said she's been recording dialog with the rest of the cast for the next season, so between those two facts I don't think we're seeing Ahsoka/Vader this next season.

If it's ever going to happen, Dave's probably keeping it a big secret and likely won't even hit the cast with it until he hands out the scripts for the given episode. he's going to be a guest on next week's RFR, though and I'm going to be interested to see how much dancing he'll do around that particular question.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope it happens.

22. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    The problem with the Delegation of 2000 is that technically in this new continuity the Delegation of 2000 never existed since it was cut from the movie.

23. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015

That is true and also in that same interview Ashley kept on saying that she didn't want to lie to people about Ahsoka being on the show so I don't think she would turn right around lie to RFR about a Vader/Ahsoka duel.

I assume they have all the voice work for season 2 already in the bag so if there is going to be a Vader/Ahsoka duel it probably won't be until season 3 if there is one.

Senator Kelberry likes this.
  24. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I think that the easiest way to not get caught up in a PR ****storm with Disney/Lucasfilm/Filoni is to just be as vague as possible or not comment on it. We can see that in earlier interviews like when FPJ was asked about what Sabine's history is. He was pretty vague about it. I agree that the audio recording is most likely already completed. FPJ's twitter about having recorded twice as many episodes for season two give that impression.

Octavian Dibar likes this.
  25. JoaquinSlowly

JoaquinSlowly Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    I don't think they've completed recording season 2 yet.

In an interview with Freddie Prinze Jr. And Taylor Gray on the Wolfpack Podcast from this Friday they said they'd already recorded the first half of the second season. They reaffirmed that there were around twice as many episodes, but they said they hadn't completed recording the season yet.