main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fulfilling a Promise, Version 3.1138

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dev_Binks, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Alright, this is the third version of this vignette. First version was utter crap, I hadn't read up to the point I was writing about so yeah, and then I turned it into a really bad story. Then Version two was better, but it eventually sunk, I locked that one and hopefully it'll be deleted when the boards are moved. Anyways, I got thinking about it, and remembered I had a third version. So here it is...

The buzzer announced Tahiri had visitors. She rose out of bed and silently padded on her barefeet over to the door and opened it to reveal Jacen, Jaina, Jag, and Wynssa.

?Happy Life Day, Tahiri.? Jacen said as the four entered her small rooms.

?What? What are you talking about?? She asked looking over the four.

?Tahiri, it?s your life day! You?ve been gone for three years and we felt we should give you something.? Jaina said handing Tahiri a brightly wrapped gift.

?You really shouldn?t have.? She said sitting on the small repulsor couch.

?Tahiri, don?t look a gift Taun Taun in the mouth.? Jag said handing her his own gift.

?Alright, I doubt I could win against all four of you.? Tahiri said throwing up her hands in mock defeat.

?Oh no, I?m just here because Jag was afraid to leave me with Major Janson and Valin Horn?? Wyn said with a very Correlian look about her. ?I do have a small gift for you, though.?

As Wyn had been talking Tahiri had opened Jaina?s present, which turned out to be a dagger carved from a Rancor?s tooth. ?Where did you get this?? She asked looking it over.

?I picked it up on one of my little trips to the rim.? Jaina said mysteriously; most of her trips to the rim were for Mirax Horn, and some of her clientele were of a dubious nature.

?It?s beautiful.? Tahiri then opened Jag?s gift and found a small pendant attached to a chain. The pendant was of an X-wing sitting on two bare feet instead of landing struts; it was her short lived X-wing squadron?s crest. She laughed lightly. ?I?m surprised you were able to find a picture of Barefoot squadron?s crest.?

?It wasn?t that hard. I just had to enlist the help of some old friends.?

?Here you should like this one.? Wyn said handing Tahiri a badly wrapped gift. With a simple tug the wrapping fell off revealing a holo-cube which Tahiri turned on. An image of Anakin came up, followed by Coruscant, then Tahiri, Tatooine, Tahiri and Anakin, and finally Yavin IV.

?How did you get these?? Tahiri said once the images had finished cycling.

?I asked Master Horn if he had any images of you and Anakin.?

?Here is mine.? Jacen said handing her a cylinder.

?It can?t be.? Tahiri said breathlessly, she tore off the paper to reveal Anakin?s first lightsaber; she flicked the toggle switch which activated the blue blade. ?You Solo?s can find anything.?

?Turns out Uncle Luke kept it with him and grabbed it when he and Aunt Mara evacuated Coruscant.? Jacen explained with a grin.

?Again, happy life day Tahiri.? Wyn said before standing from the chair she had been sitting in. ?Major Janson wants to give me some more lessons in the simulator before I actually fly.? She said annoyed. Jag and Jaina followed her a few minutes later, leaving Tahiri and Jacen alone.

?That wasn?t your only gift Tahiri.? Jacen said standing up. ?There?s one more, but it?s not from me.? He pulled her up from the couch and kissed her quickly. ?Anakin told me to give that to you before he died.? Jacen noticed a translucent figure shaking his head. It was Anakin, he gave a couple signs and Jacen understood. ?Well he meant more like this.? With that he put his arms around her and kissed her hard, she responded in kind and after a few moments they broke apart.

?I think I like that present best of all.? Tahiri said with a Solo-ish grin.

I do hope yall liked it. So would you please kindly R&R?

2. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Third times a charm. :D

Great job!

3. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Thank you, and yes, it does seem to always be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.