main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Full of Grace (Obidala Episode III Viggie)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AERYN_SUN, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Full of Grace
    By obi's girl

Summary: While under the care of Bail Organa and watchful eye of Obi-Wan Kenobi, unspoken feelings develop between Padme and Obi-Wan...

Obi-Wan sighed, watching Padme finally sleep peacefully after nights of despair. He didn't wish to see her in so much pain, a pain he credited to himself. It was his fault; everything that had happened in the last few months was his fault.

He rested his head on the reclining chair, closing his eyes, but still awake. What had gone wrong with his young Padawan? As a Master, he should have been more aware of Anakin's feelings but he wasn't. He didn't know the young Jedi was dangerously close to the dark side.

Padme blamed herself too, for not recognizing he was in pain, and she said she should have because she was closer to him. None of them knew how close he was. Obi-Wan opened his eyes again as Padme turned to her right, hugging an extra pillow.

He sighed, watching the expression on her face. Padme moaned, her eyebrows furrowing and then she started to move uncomfortably about the bed. Obi-Wan stood up from his chair and quietly walked over to her bed, kneeling on the side as he reached out and touched her shoulder.

"Padme?" he whispered.

He was taken aback as she suddenly threw her arms around his neck, "I never should have let you go," Obi-Wan didn't say anything but tightened his grip around her waist, "I wanted to tell you but the way you were acting, it scared me. You scared me...how could I tell you I was pregnant..?" and she drifted off again.

Obi-Wan fought back a cry as he settled Padme back into the bed. Pregnant. Padme was pregnant with Anakin's children. If this were another time, he would be very happy for her, but all he could feel was grief. He kneeled beside her bed a little while longer, stroking her hair.

"I'm sorry Padme this happened," he whispered, "But I promise you, I'll do everything I can to make it right again. I promise." Obi-Wan bent down and kissed her forehead, still stroking her hair.

~~

Padme moaned the next morning, feeling the rough sunlight streak across her face. She hadn't slept well the previous night and was hoping for some extra hours of slumber but the sun was telling her otherwise. Padme moved onto her side and slung her right hand over the bed, and opened her eyes.

"Good morning, Obi-Wan," she smiled.

"Good morning, Padme," he replied and got up from her bedside, and paced about the room.

Padme sat up, rearranging the blankets around her, "You were up all night again?"

He shrugged, "Jedi don't need to sleep, m'lady,"

"That's no excuse, Obi-Wan," she scolded him, "You need to sleep,"

"I can't, I don't want to close my eyes and when I open them, you're gone like all the others," he mused and turned to her, "I've already lost so much Padme, I don't wish to lose you either,"

Padme smiled, leaning against the head board, "Thank you Obi-Wan for caring, but I don't think there's any need to worry. It isn't like Anakin will rise from his grave and come after me," Moments after she said that, Padme felt a cold chill run down her spine.

"I heard you talk in your sleep," he whispered, "Do you normally talk in your sleep?"

She shrugged, "I had a nightmare last night,"

Obi-Wan nodded and walked over to her again, kneeling beside the bed and took hold of her left hand, "I'm afraid it was a lot more than a nightmare, Padme. You said you were pregnant,"

"Pregnant?" she muttered and laughed to herself, "That's not possible...It was a dream, Obi-Wan. A lot of people dream different things,"

"I know they do," he said, "But you said you were with child, I checked myself through the Force and you were right,"

Padme sighed, "Pregnant...What am I going to do? Obi-Wan, I can't raise a child in these times. It's too dangerous,"

He shrugged, "I know, especially for twins,"

"I'm sorry, did you say twins? I'm carrying twins?" Padme questioned, staring at Obi-Wan's face for answers.

"I'll help you, Padme. I'll help you raise the children a

2. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    Up!

~aeryn

3. Lady-Kenobi

Lady-Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Wonderful as usual. How's the Sabewan fic going? PM me soon.

4. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks, lady-kenobi for reviewing this fic. i feared it would be forgotten and pushed back to page 20 or something.

how's the sabewan series going? very well, actually. i have five chapters at this point (remember, it's a novella) so i'm doing good. also, i'd been debating how long it should span, time wise? should it run through part of episode iii? stuff like that.

sobifan is doing an excellent job as my beta :D

~aeryn

5. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Oh nice. You can see she's fighting, but in the end, she knows she wants him, hey, but don't we all?! [face_love]

6. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    you are so right, messi ;)

btw, i'm taking noms for the next obidala interviewee.

~aeryn

7. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Hmm, I normally don't read Obidala AERYN_SUN, but this was masterfully written and I was hooked until the end. [face_shocked]

Very nicely done. :)

"It isn't like Anakin will rise from his grave and come after me,"

That was chilling :(...she had no idea Anakin would become Vader. [face_shocked]

I had a nightmare last night

Reminds me of that terrace scene in AOTC when Padme tells Anakin she thinks he had a nightmare the night before.

Nice! :D

Humaira

8. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    it is chilling isn't it, Jedi_Humaira_Blaine? i noticed to when i was writing fog that i used the same dialouge.

~aeryn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.