main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Reflections 3 cardlist at decipher.com!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Bib Fortuna Twi'lek, Oct 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Holy Sith, that cardlists looks great! New mains, a Han/Chew/Falcon combo card and other great stuff!

Some of the Defensive Shields have the same names as some normal Effects from before. I wonder how that's gonna work...

2. DarthJago

DarthJago Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2000
    Suweeeeet!!!! This set looks like it is going to be a whole lot better than i originally imagined.

3. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    When does it come out?

4. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    October 31st...but why do you care? "Decipher sucks" remember? And you're gonna "applaude" if they lose the license..

5. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    Looking at the Reflections III cardlist... "I have a bad feeling about this, Master." Something just doesn't feel right about this. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't think I like where this is going. The premium scheme seems like garbage to me too. Let's make a simple comparison, shall we?

Tatooine: 90 cards, 11 cards per $3 pack
    Reflections III: 100 cards, 3 cards per $5 pack

Granted, there are plenty of cards youd only want one of, like the objectives, sites, shields, and related cards, but even so. It all seems like a high price to pay for all these cards, when you have no guarantee what you'll get, unlike an Enhanced.

On the bright side, I notice Echo Base Sensors and Prepare For A Surface Attack. Not quite Hoth objectives, but I suppose we'll have to make do. Maybe they'll be great. EBS is another card that you can pull with A New Secret Base, which is cool. I'm a little worried about PFASA, though. An objective would have been a lot better. As it stands now, a Dark Hoth deck needs to start You May Start Your Landing and usually likes Imperial Decree. That leaves one slot of flexibility to help against whatever deck your opponent has, or No Escape to protect your YMSYL damage. With PFASA, you'll probably have to either sacrifice the starting Decree, try to draw up something instead of starting it, or rely on the Defensive Shields to run your counters for you. Speaking of the Shields, did anyone else notice that the Dark Side got 2 more than the Light (18 vs 16)? It's also cool that even if you have all of the Shields, you can only put a little more than half of them under the Effect, and then play only three of them. I'm interested to see what the new Shields, that aren't versions of old Effects, do. And we can all officially say goodbye to Order To Engage, as long as the Shield Fanfare stops it like the Effect. Mob Points too. Sometimes it makes me wonder why they even bothered making some of these cards in the first place.

6. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    I think in some cases (like the docking bay decks for instance) Decipher may have undersestimated the strategy. *shrug* maybe they just tghought "Nah, people won't play d'bay decks."

Hindsight is always 20/20..

7. Jedikynes

Jedikynes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    Don't know if anyone really noticed or not that your combat cards just made Crazy 7s even MORE dangerous. You know ppl will be packing the Imperial/REbel Artilleries now.

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Some new cards: the new Leia, Fear Is My Ally and a couple fish Effects. Anyone have any idea on how those fishies work? They both say they cancel the other.

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Leia is gonna rock. :)

10. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Leia already rocks [face_love]

11. DarthJago

Nov 15, 2000
    New cards up! Including Han, Chewie and the Falcon, and Bib Fortuna. Man oh man is Han Chewie and Falcon gonna see a lot of use!

12. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I think that if you have one of the "fish" cards out and your opponent plays the other, yours is canceled, but if you retrieve it and play it again, you cancel your opponent's.
    Anyone think that the lightsaber combat objectives are way too powerful?

13. VALEK666

VALEK666 Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 2001
    There powerfull but not too much, if you can't hold it you give of a drain 3 site,think about it. It looks devastating and yes it is, but it won't be easy to play it.

Remember there's always a bigger fish

14. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    I don't know about Han Chewie & Falcon. Now that we know the "skull and crossbones" means "place out of play", if you can't spend the upkeep on this card, you've just placed ALL THREE PERSONAS out of play. It doesn't have a "recycle" option. I don't think this card is going to see too much action.

15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Anyone else find it odd that they didn't include Talon Karrde's ship, The Wild Karrde, in this set? We know they made it for R2 but decided to hold off on it for whatever reason, I would have imagined R3 would have been a proper time to include it in the game.

16. Anakin_Solo73

Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    Red 84: Will Decipher make more of the EU cards in a future expansion?

17. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Well, I think that what was said in another thread is true:

Much of the SWCCG IS in fact Expanded Universe (with Lt. Page being the first EU novel character to debut I believe).

However I think you mean an EU-themed expansion (like from R2). The answer is: I don't know. There are some very real threats to the licence at this point and I'm not really sure what we will see afted Theed. However I will say that when Decipher gets it's license renewed next year, that there is a good possilbility that we will see at least some stuff from the X-wing novels and comics and some more stuff from the Thrawn Trilogy.

18. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Sorry, I was gonna post, but then changed my mind. Move along. Move alon

Spud

19. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    New cards posted: Horace, Fett, a couple Defensive Shields, and Blow Parried.

20. Ocelot_X

Ocelot_X Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2001
    >>>Much of the SWCCG IS in fact Expanded Universe (with Lt. Page being the first EU novel character to debut I believe).

There were EU guys prior to Lt. Page, but who was the first depends on what you count as EU. Most people don't count the Tales anthologies, but if you did, Labria, Kabe, and BoShek from Premiere were the first. If you don't count the Tales people, Commander Brandei of the Dagobah set was the very first EU character in the game (he's the fella who pulls TIEs). In the Thrawn Trilogy, he captained the Judicator, which he "just received transfer to", according to his lore.

Ket Maliss also mentioned Prince Xizor in his lore way back in 1995, when nobody knew who Prince Xizor was. It was a little weird.

>>>Horace, Fett, a couple Defensive Shields, and Blow Parried.

At first I thought that said "Horace Fett". ;)

21. DarthJago

Nov 15, 2000
    New Cards Are UP!

22. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Hree's a tip: Don't read the spoiler PDF file. It is very inaccurate.

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    How inaccurate?

I was distressed at "Unsalvagable" which can cancel Hyper Escape and Power Pivot (ouch for part of my EBO deck..)

However, "Echo Base Sensors" made me very happy, those ice storms will be difficult to avoid now. Awesome::)

24. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Pick any page at random, and you'll see the errors in a lot of the card entries.

25. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    There were EU guys prior to Lt. Page, but who was the first depends on what you count as EU. Most people don't count the Tales anthologies, but if you did, Labria, Kabe, and BoShek from Premiere were the first. If you don't count the Tales people, Commander Brandei of the Dagobah set was the very first EU character in the game (he's the fella who pulls TIEs). In the Thrawn Trilogy, he captained the Judicator, which he "just received transfer to", according to his lore.

Labria, Kabe, and BoShek are not EU (imo) since they were technically credited with those names in Star Wars. My definition of EU is basically anything that had its debut outside of the movies. In this case, you are correct about Brandei. I had forgotten about him. Brandei is the first EU character. His character didn't exist until the Thrawn trilogy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.