main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga FULL SCRIPT: Star Wars: Episode III: The Betrayal of Obi-Wan Kenobi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by son of lucas, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. son of lucas

son of lucas Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 1999
  2. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    It is preferred that you post the actual piece here, not give a link to an outside website. Also, you are more likely to receive user replies using this method. If you have any concerns, feel free to contact me through Private Message.

3. son of lucas

Jul 23, 1999
    STAR WARS

Episode III

The Betrayal of Obi-Wan Kenobi

An original script based on the characters created by George Lucas.

July 22, 2003

1. BLACK BACKGROUND

In blue letters the sentence: ?A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away??

2. EXT. SPACE

The Star Wars logo busts onto a star field and begins to pull back. Once it disappears the opening scroll begins.

OPENING SCROLL
    (Yellow words inclined back into infinity.)
    Episode III:

The Betrayal of Obi-Wan Kenobi

The chaos of the Clone Wars continues. Fighting bitterly for their leader, Count Dooku, the Separatists have weakened the Republic?s resources and resolve.

More disturbing still, the Jedi?s ranks have dwindled to an alarming low. The Jedi Council privately fears their mandate as guardians of peace is no longer achievable.

The conflict has not been without losses for the Separatist. The ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC has destroyed five of six main battle droid manufacturing plants. Admiral Organa of Alderaan now senses victory at planet known only as M2799A?

Pan down to a huge fleet of prototype Star Destroyers. The largest Star Destroyer analog, called Republic Knight, becomes the focus of the camera

3. INT. REPUBLIC KNIGHT ? DOCKING BAY

Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi fight one another in a lightsaber duel. Obi-Wan has cut his hair and beard into a more disciplined almost military style, while Anakin has allowed his hair to grow out a little and has lost his Padawan braid. They both wear military uniforms of different branches of service. Anakin fights ferociously as Obi-Wan barely counters every move looking for an opening. For a moment the camera focuses on Anakin?s right hand, which is again flesh covered. Anakin makes a mistake and slips, Obi-Wan nearly takes advantage, but Anakin recovers and, only a few swings later, swings his lightsaber through Obi-Wan?s neck.

Obi-Wan, neck intact, nods to Anakin.

In the background, visible for the first time, several soldiers applaud. Mace Windu is among them. He appears solemn in a brief close-up and quietly leaves. As both extinguish their mock lightsabers Obi-Wan gives Anakin a pat on the back. Obi-Wan leads Anakin away from the spectators.

OBI-WAN KENOBI
    How?d it feel?

ANAKIN SKYWALKER
    (Flexing his right hand.)
    Warm. Somewhat confusing.

OBI-WAN
    But it?s working.

Behind the two, Dr. Paugh, an elderly furry alien with too much energy, approaches.

ANAKIN
    Almost. Some numbness-

Dr. PAUGH
    Is caused by the by your still regrowing nerves. The arm is working perfectly.

OBI-WAN
    (Nods to Dr. Paugh.)
    Dr. Paugh.

ANAKIN
    It still feels a bit clumsy.

Dr. PAUGH
    (Grabbing Anakin from behind by the shoulders.)
    Of course it does my boy. You?ve regained fine motor control and dexterity over your whole arm. Your brain needs time to relearn.

ANAKIN
    (Glumly.)
    I know.

DR. PAUGH
    (Slaps Anakin on the back)
    Have faith. You?re already at ninety percent of that metallic monstrosity and should switch to it permanently within weeks.
    (Begins to walk away backwards.)
    And the two of us are sure to earn the Republic Science Academy?s Kaiburr Award for Medicine for this.

As Dr. Paugh gets out of earshot, Obi-Wan begins walking with Anakin again towards the hangar?s door.

Obi-Wan very subtly favors his left leg.

OBI-WAN
    Let?s hurry. The briefing will begin soon.
    (After they take a few steps.)
    An award-winning healer now? That?s an unexpected path.

ANAKIN
    An award-winning engineer.
    (Shrugs.)
    I just wanted my hand back. Probably even broke the Jedi Code somewhere.

OBI-WAN
    Oh?

ANAKIN
    (Caught thinking of touching Padmé with a cold metallic hand tells a half-truth.)
    It makes people uncomfortable. It?s not the best feeling.

The camera falls behind as the two walk through the hangar door.

4. INT. REPUBLIC KNIGHT - HALLWAY

Anakin and Obi-Wan continue walking in the lightly crowded hallway.

OBI-WAN
    You couldn?t ignore them?

ANAKIN
    If there wasn?t another choice.

OBI

4. son of lucas

Jul 23, 1999
    93. EXT. M2799A ? BATTLEFIELD ? DAY

Black smoke is still billows from several points in the grounds. Fireworks are lit off over the devastation, but the music continues to be somber.

94. INT. SEPARATIST COMMAND CENTER

Bodies are carried out by paramedics. The camera pans to Anakin, now with a flesh hand, who is kneeling beside Mace Windu?s covered corpse. Obi-Wan approaches.

ANAKIN
    I don?t understand. Did he hate us this much?

OBI-WAN
    We don?t know what Dooku?s plans were. Thanks to Master Windu perhaps we never will.

ANAKIN
    How many survivors?

OBI-WAN
    On the planet only eighteen Jedi survived including you and myself. All together I believe the estimate is a little over three hundred.
    (Puts a hand on Anakin?s shoulder.)
    You did well out there today. You saved my life and countless others.

ANAKIN
    (Not looking at Obi-Wan.)
    Am I free to leave?

OBI-WAN
    Yes.

ANAKIN
    Then I?m going to Naboo. I need to return my fighter to Queen Jamillia and it?s a perfect setting to meditate.

OBI-WAN
    I understand. Most of the survivors are doing the same.

ANAKIN
    Where will you go?

OBI-WAN
    Wherever the Council needs me. Some of us must remain active.

ANAKIN
    You need to rest too. More than most of us.

OBI-WAN
    I will. As soon as I?m relieved I will.

ANAKIN
    I?ll meet you on Coruscant in two weeks then.

OBI-WAN
    (Smiles.)
    Okay.

WIPE SCENE

95. EXT. SPACE

Anakin?s N-1 Starfighter banks away from the Republic Knight.

96. INT. ANAKIN?S N-1 STARFIGHTER COCKPIT ? M2779A ? SPACE

Anakin flips a switch and starlines fill the view as he jumps to hyperspace.

97. INT. REPUBLIC KNIGHT ? HANGAR

Obi-Wan, now dressed in his Jedi robes, watches out a viewport as Anakin?s N-1 Starfighter disappears. He turns to the spectacle of the returning clone troopers departing the hangar in their characteristically precise march. A second ship enters the hangar and another group of clone troopers march out of the transport in perfect formation.

Bail Organa approaches Obi-Wan.

OBI-WAN
    (Indicating the clone troopers.)
    What do you think will become of them?

BAIL ORGANA
    They?re highly trained soldiers. Most of them should find a place in the galaxy. I have greater concerns as to what?s to become of the Separatists.

OBI-WAN
    Many will demand justice. They broke a peace that lasted a thousand generations.

BAI ORGANA
    A waste. They reminded us of why war had been avoided for so long. Now we show them why democracy can still work.

OBI-WAN
    The Senate hasn?t changed.

BAIL ORGANA
    Everything will change. A quarter of the galaxy must be readmitted to the Republic. Moments in history such as this are rare and fleeting. But the manner in which we handle them will echo for some time.

OBI-WAN
    You think it?ll be enough to unspoil the Republic?

BAIL ORGANA
    It?s enough to give me hope. This opportunity is the only bright spot I see in this war. I don?t intend to let it pass unnoticed. With the crisis ended Chancellor Palpatine will be forced to step down. My service to the fleet should earn me more than enough support to succeed him. Can I expect the Jedi?s support on this matter?

OBI-WAN
    I can?t speak for the Jedi, of course. But if you can-

A communications officer appears cutting off Obi-Wan?s response.

COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
    General Kenobi. A message from Master Yoda has been received.

OBI-WAN
    Let me see it.

A small hologram of Yoda is displayed.

YODA
    Master Kenobi. Immediately recalling all Jedi to Coruscant the Jedi Council is. Decide we must our future. Skywalker you are to bring.

The hologram dissipates.

OBI-WAN
    Fifteen minutes earlier and I?d have been spared a trip to Naboo. Master Yoda usually has better timing than this.

BAIL ORGANA
    (Nods.)
    I?ll see to it that you?re provided a shuttle for your journey. If you didn?t need to fetch Colonel Skywalker you could travel with us. The fleet?s also been ordered to Coruscant. It appears our disbandment will take place there.

Obi-Wan nods.

WIPE SCEN

5. son of lucas

Jul 23, 1999
    116. EXT. CORUSCANT ? SENATE BUILDING ? DAY

In the foreground Elan Sleezebaggano, dressed in extravagant clothing, delivers an open-air sermon to a large and attentive crowd.

117. INT. CORUSCANT ? SENATE BUILDING ? SENATE

The cylinder-shaped room looks much the same as in previous episodes. But several of the booths remain empty.

Several Senators, including Jar Jar Binks, are recognized. End focus on Palpatine, in his usual place as Supreme Chancellor, the center of the building. In front of him is a teleprompter.

PALPATINE
    For the past two years our beloved Republic has existed under a shadow of armed conflict that has brought untold suffering to billions. At last our grand army has won their final victory against the Separatist menace. Some believe the time of crisis passed with the cessation of open violence.
    (Applause.)
    The crisis, however, continues.
    (Applause lowers and stops.)
    The Separatists have not capitulated into reentering our great government. The Jedi have seen their noble Order fall to near extinction. Their sacrifice is great, but we are forced to recognize that they will be unable to maintain the stability we so desperately need. And the traitorous economic powers must be replaced. It is under these conditions that I cite the Emergency Powers Act to institute this New Order. First, all trade, banking, and commerce will be controlled, temporarily, through government agencies. Second, the Separatist planets shall be annexed into the control of regional governors immediately. They will be allowed to regain their vote in our Senate at a time to be decided later. Third, the Army of the Republic will stand indefinitely to assist the Jedi Knights in maintaining order. A contract to reinforce the depleted army has been received by the Kaminoans. Finally, I order the commissioning the creation of an Academy so that young officers of bravery and good character may guide our grand army in their duty.

Bail Organa appears before the center podium.

BAIL ORGANA
    (Angry.)
    Chancellor. This is madness. I assure you, I did not spend the past two years fighting the Separatists so that a new Empire might be born.

PALPATINE
    I believe you will find these steps to be both necessary and proper if given sufficient thought Senator. Furthermore you are out of order. Please return to your place.

BAIL ORGANA
    I will return to my place when this has ended. I call for an immediate vote to strip the Supreme Chancellor of his emergency powers.

Across the chamber some enthusiastic support is given. Some are so much under the influence of Palpatine they give nothing but cynical derision. But most of the Senators, not expecting this battle of wills, do not react at all. The Senator from Chandrila, Mon Mothma, watches with a poker face. For his part, Jar Jar Binks doesn?t seem to understand what?s going on.

PALPATINE
    Your service to the Republic is admired and appreciated Senator, but your political ambition to become the next Supreme Chancellor will not be allowed to undermine the security of countless billions. Your motion for a vote is denied. You will return to your place Senator.

Bail Organa returns his platform to its place amongst the Senators. He then turns and leaves the chamber. Turmoil engulfs the Senate the camera moves in for a close-up on Palpatine.

WIPE SCENE

118. EXT. NABOO ? ANAKIN AND PADMÉ?S HOME - NIGHT

A herd of shaak walks, single file, through the front yard.

119. INT. NABOO ? ANAKIN AND PADMÉ?S HOME - DEN

Padmé is pacing while Sola remains comfortably on a sofa.

SOLA
    You didn?t think of this before?

PADMÉ
    I should have. But my husband?s been in a war zone for months. I never dreamed the Jedi would take my children.

SOLA
    You thought Ani would train them himself?

PADMÉ
    I didn?t think anything. I hadn?t planned their lives out beyond building them a nursery.

SOLA
    You know you could deny them. They don?t have any right to your children. And I understand that they won?t have enough masters for every adept anyway.

6. son of lucas

Jul 23, 1999
    146. EXT. ALDERAAN ? PALPATINE?S TOWER ? DAWN

Behind Palpatine?s Tower the two armies come into focus.

147. EXT. ALDERAAN ? ALDERA ? ARTIQUE PALACE ? DAWN

In front of the Artique Palace two transports arrive.

148. INT. ALDERAAN ? ALDERA ? ARTIQUE PALACE ? PADMÉ?S ROOM

Padmé finishes getting dressed with the help of Dormé. Threepio is also in the room. She looks at herself in the mirror and goes to the door.

Obi-Wan greets her. Padmé?s surprised to see him and averts her eyes, but only momentarily. She?s made the decision to face this bravely.

PADMÉ
    Obi-Wan. It?s time isn?t it?

OBI-WAN
    Yes. The Order will assume guardianship when the negotiations end today. Senator Organa will be
    here in moments.

Padmé goes to Leia?s crib and puts the infant?s head to her own and is nearly brought to tears.

PADMÉ
    Remember me.

Bail Organa and Yoda walk in just as Padmé is putting Leia back.

BAIL ORGANA
    (Sensing that he?s walked in on a private moment.)
    Ambassador. Are we prepared.

PADMÉ
    I think so.
    (Motions the squirming twins.)
    Will they be safe?

BAIL ORGANA
    They?ll be placed with the Royal Family?s children. I assure you, there?s absolutely no safer place on the planet.

PADMÉ
    I never knew you had children.

TIAN ORGANA
    (From off screen.)
    Only nieces and nephews unfortunately.

Tian Organa appears through the door.

BAIL ORGANA
    Ambassador Amidala please let me introduce you to my wife Lady Tian Organa she?ll oversee the protection of your children.

PADMÉ
    Greetings Lady Organa.

TIAN ORGANA
    (Bows slightly.)
    A pleasure. I had been hoping to meet you.

Tian Organa walks to the sleeping babies and smiles. She spends more time with baby Leia.

TIAN ORGANA
    Such beautiful children. They?ll be safe in my care.

PADMÉ
    Thank-you.

YODA
    Waiting for us the Supreme Chancellor is. Delay more we should not.

PADMÉ
    You?re right. Majesty, lead the way.

Bail Organa leads Yoda, Padmé, Obi-Wan out of the room. On her way out Padmé turns her head for one last look at the twins. She blocks Obi-Wan?s path and he looks back as well before they both leave the room.

149. EXT. ALDERAAN ? PALPATINE?S TOWER ? DAY

The Jedi walk ahead of Bail Organa and Padmé on the catwalk leading to the top of Palpatine?s tower. The wind catches their clothes as they fight the cold.

150. INT. ALDERAAN ? PALPATINE?S TOWER ? DAY

Many large windows allow beautiful a vista of the mountains, Aldera, and the two armies below.

Inside only Palpatine and Anakin are present. Anakin is now dressed completely in a black military uniform. Artoo Detoo rolls to Yoda and Obi-Wan. A sensor package is extended and Artoo beeps. Anakin walks to Yoda and Obi-Wan.

ANAKIN
    (Indicating the lightsaber in Obi-Wan?s robes.)
    I?m afraid I?ll need to take those.

Obi-Wan and Yoda exchange a look.

PALPATINE
    That won?t be necessary. A Jedi?s lightsaber is his life. I would never dream stripping them of such an essential part of their identity. I have nothing to fear from them.

Bail Organa and Padmé and Padmé step in. Anakin stares at Padmé but does not speak. Bail Organa relinquishes his blaster wordlessly to Anakin who, in turn, places it in one of Artoo?s compartments.

BAIL ORGANA
    Greetings Chancellor.

PALPATINE
    Greetings to you my old friend. Please have a seat. We have much to discuss.

BAIL ORGANA
    Indeed we do. My government met this morning. They passed this resolution.
    (Hands Palpatine a data reader.)
    As of this moment Alderaan is an independent world. We?ll need to establish new-

PALPATINE
    (Hands back the data reader.)
    I?m sorry, but I simply cannot accept this.

BAIL ORGANA
    That?s not your decision.

PALPATINE
    I?m afraid it is. You forget I?m sworn to protect this Republic. Another Separatist conflict is out of the question. This treason will be suppressed with force if necessary.

YODA
    Ease you should your language Chancellor. Wish to escalate the situation you do not.

PALPATINE
    On the contrary. I believe that a blunt re

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    That was a pretty well-written script. I liked how the aspects of the War were handled in the beginning, and I think the characters were kept in character... however, I think the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan was a little anti-climatic. I invision it to be much longer, grander, and somewhat different. But I'm amazed at the dedication you've put into this long, well thought out script :)

-sj loves kevin spacey

8. son of lucas

Jul 23, 1999
    "That was a pretty well-written script. I liked how the aspects of the War were handled in the beginning, and I think the characters were kept in character... But I'm amazed at the dedication you've put into this long, well thought out script"

That's nice of you to say. Especially about the characterizations. Getting those right came late in the process and kept me up late several nights.

"however, I think the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan was a little anti-climatic. I invision it to be much longer, grander, and somewhat different."

Hehe. Given the man in charge it might be best to drop any specific preconceptions about Episode III. One way or another you will get burned ;)

More seriously, Anakin/Obi-Wan actually wasn't the climax. Anakin was basically holding back the gates of hell in that scene. His defeat marked the beginning of the climax. Not the end.

Instead of being set against the background of the destruction of the Jedi, Anakin's turn, and the risen Empire, the duel is the cause of those events. Something certainly not expected.

Whether it worked, I believe, depends on the degree that you accepted Anakin's hologram twist.

9. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Whew. A lot to read, isn't there? ;)

From what I've read so far, very good, son of lucas. :) I especially enjoyed one of the earlier conversations between Obi-Wan/Anakin.

The title is actually what attracted me to this thread. Very...chilling. [face_shocked]

**goes back to read**

10. CYNICAL21

CYNICAL21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    I haven't finished reading it yet - and may not be able to for several days - but I just had to stop to post a brief response, to tell you that this is really, REALLY well written, well plotted, and true to character in a unique way that I don't recall seeing before.

I'm not at all familiar with professional scripts, but it seems very polished and intensely visual to me.

Bravo - and I'll post again when I'm done.

CYN

11. son of lucas

Jul 23, 1999
    A couple additions to the script...

Teaser Trailer

Star Wars: Episode III: The Betrayal of Obi-Wan Kenobi

1. LUCASFILM LOGO

Darth Vader?s breathes twice.

The opening notes from Luke?s Theme play.

With the exception of dialogue and otherwise noted sound effects, the trailer is silent.

2. INT. KENOBI'S DWELLING

FADE IN

LUKE: You fought in the Clone Wars?

BEN: Yes, I was once a Jedi Knight the same as your father.

LUKE: I wish I'd known him.

BEN: He was the best star-pilot in the galaxy, and a cunning warrior.

FADE OUT

3. INT. REBEL BLOCKADE RUNNER ? HALLWAY

FADE IN

Darth Vader makes his first appearance amongst the dead troops.

BEN: (Voice over continued from previous scene.) And he was a good friend.

FADE OUT

4. BLACK SCREEN

?Every hero faces a crossroad.?

5. INT. DEATH STAR II ? EMPEROR?S THRONE ROOM

FADE IN

Luke throws his lightsaber away.

LUKE: I?m a Jedi. Like my father before me.

FADE OUT

6. INT. ANAKIN?S N-1 STARFIGHTER COCKPIT

Anakin is tense with concentration.

OBI-WAN: (Voice over.) There?s no one in the galaxy I?d rather trust my life to.

7. EXT. THE SKY

Anakin?s fighter fires its bright-green lasers.

8. INT. COMMAND POST

Obi-Wan watches as lasers connect with the missile that is only meters away from where he stands. Obi-Wan covers his eyes as it explodes close to the command structure spraying some debris against the protective window and over it, into the command structure.

FADE OUT

9. INT. BELKHAN IV ? REFINERY

FADE IN

Anakin and Obi-Wan lie in a wreck, clearly injured.

ANAKIN: If you ever need me for anything you just have to ask. I?ll always be there.

FADE OUT

10. INT. CORUSCANT ? JEDI TEMPLE ? JEDI COUNCIL CHAMBERS

Anakin?s features become ambiguous.

OBI-WAN: (Voice over.) What is to be his fate?

YODA: (Voice over.) Removed from the Jedi Order he is.

FADE OUT

11. INT. CORUSCANT ? JEDI TEMPLE ? JEDI COUNCIL CHAMBERS

FADE IN

A young Anakin stares at the council with the same ambiguous expression after he?s dismissed as being too old to begin training as a Jedi.

12. EXT. TATOOINE

FADE IN

Anakin speeds across Tatooine on his borrowed speeder bike.

Anakin becomes obscured by the setting sun.

FADE OUT

13. EXT. CORUCANT ? THE SKY

FADE IN

Anakin and Palpatine are traveling over Coruscant in an open topped ship.

PALPATINE: Can I interest you in heading my security detail? I need someone of your talents.

Anakin looks at Palpatine questioningly.

FADE OUT

14. INT. ANAKIN?S QUARTERS

FADE IN

PALPATINE: Allow me to share my research.

Palpatine hands Anakin a datacube. Anakin inserts the cube into a data reader.

ANAKIN: This includes the teachings of the Sith.

FADE OUT

15. INT. TATOOINE ? TUSKEN RAIDER CAMP ? SHMI?S TENT

FADE IN

Anakin holds his dead mother. His emotions flicker across his face. Confusion. Denial. Grief.

ANAKIN: (Voice over.) I don?t want things to change. I want to stay with you.

SHMI: (Voice over.) You can't stop change any more than you can stop the suns from setting.

FADE OUT

SHMI: (Voice over.) Listen to your feelings; Ani, you know what's right.

FADE IN

Anakin?s grief turns into a blind consuming rage.

FADE OUT

A lightsaber is heard extending.

16. INT. ANAKIN?S QUARTERS

FADE IN

Anakin sits down to read Palpatine?s research.

FADE OUT

17. INT. STAR DESTROYER EXECUTER ? VADER'S CHAMBER ? MEDITATION CUBICLE

FADE IN

The back of Vader?s pale and disfigured head is glimpsed as his helmet hides his injury.

PADME: (Voice over.) Ani, you?ll always be that little boy I knew on Tatooine.

Vader turns to acknowledge the waiting officer.

FADE OUT

In the darkness the disembodied voices continue.

OBI-WAN: What?s happened to you Anakin?

ANAKIN: I?ve accepted my destiny.

18. INT. DOCKING BAY

Each dressed in different military uniforms, Anakin and Obi-Wan fight in a lightsaber duel.

The humming and c

12. son of lucas

Jul 23, 1999
    Full Trailer

Star Wars: Episode III: The Betrayal of Obi-Wan Kenobi

1. 20TH CENTURY FOX LOGO

2. LUCASFILM LOGO

3. EXT. CORUSCANT ? SPACE

The Republic fleet orbits the capital planet of Coruscant.

4. EXT. BELKHAN IV ? NIGHT

The moon is a dark gray and filled with sharp landscape. At first glance one might assume that the planet has no atmosphere. It is not a dead planet, though. Large creatures fight in the distance. A river in the foreground is an ugly dark shade of green. The camera pans to an ugly fortress.

5. INT. BELKHAN IV ? REFINERY

Obi-Wan and Anakin, with his mechanical right arm, stand on a catwalk in a dimly lit refinery. Occasional bright green flames burst from some areas.

Below them seven armored, bipedal, two and a half meters tall creatures tear up the refinery.

Obi-Wan looks at Anakin as if to say ?what are you gonna do?? and jumps into the middle of the pack, his lightsaber extending as he falls. He decapitates one of the creatures as he hits the floor.

A short close-up of one of the creatures.

6. INT. OBI-WAN?S OFFICE

Obi-Wan is speaking with Mace Windu. Obi-Wan wears military clothing while Mace remains in his Jedi garb.

MACE: Skywalker seemed reckless. Should I be concerned?

OBI-WAN: No.

7. INT. ANAKIN?S N-1 STARFIGHTER COCKPIT

Anakin sits in his cockpit in a completely professional manner. Laserfire and a fireball reflect off of his visor.

8. EXT. THE SKY

OBI-WAN: (Voice over.) His maturity and discipline have improved immeasurably since this war began.

Anakin?s fighter quickly moves to the tail of another droid fighter and quickly dispatching that one as well. A moment before it explodes, however, a missile is fired at the command structure from the droid fighter. Anakin?s fighter bursts through the fireball in pursuit of the missile.

9. INT. REPUBLIC COMMAND POST

Obi-Wan looks out at the side-winding missile.

10. INT. ANAKIN?S N-1 STARFIGHTER COCKPIT

Anakin is tense with concentration.

11. EXT. THE SKY

Anakin?s fighter fires its bright-green lasers.

12. INT. COMMAND POST

OBI-WAN: (Voice over.) He?s a respectable Jedi, and the best field commander I have.

Obi-Wan watches as lasers connect with the missile that is only meters away from where he stands. Obi-Wan covers his eyes as it explodes close to the command structure spraying some debris against the protective window and over it, into the command structure.

13. INT. OBI-WAN?S OFFICE

OBI-WAN: But I still sense impatience in him.

14. INT. ANAKIN?S QUARTERS

Inside a modestly sized military bedroom Anakin stares at a hologram of Padmé emanating from Artoo-Detoo.

Padmé?s hologram fades to nothing. Anakin continues to stare at the spot where she disappeared.

15. INT. NABOO ? ANAKIN AND PADMÉ?S HOME

Anakin is holding a very pregnant Padmé close. Padmé?s eyes widen as she looks over Anakin?s shoulders and sees Obi-Wan standing in the doorway.

Obi-Wan stands there even more shocked.

ANAKIN: Master!

16. EXT. NABOO ? ANAKIN AND PADMÉ?S HOME

Anakin runs after Obi-Wan.

ANAKIN: (Voice over.) You won?t tell the Council will you?

Obi-Wan faces Anakin.

OBI-WAN: Don?t ask this of me.

17. INT. OBI-WAN?S SHUTTLE ? COCKPIT ? HEADING FOR SPACE

As the sky turns from blue to black Anakin and Obi-Wan co-exist uneasily.

18. INT. CORUCSCANT ? JEDI TEMPLE ? JEDI COUNCIL CHAMBERS ? DAY

Obi-Wan stands beside Anakin.

OBI-WAN: What?s to be his fate?

19. EXT. CORUSCANT ? JEDI TEMPLE ENTRANCE ? DAY

Anakin flexes his flesh-covered right hand at his chest in obvious frustration as he looks up at the huge spires in the sky towering above him.

YODA: (Voice over.) Removed from the Jedi Order is he.

20. INT. HANGAR BAY

Anakin and Obi-Wan fight in a pitched lightsaber duel. Anakin fights ferociously, his lightsaber a blue blur, as Obi-Wan barely counters every move and looks for an opening. Both wear military uniforms. Anakin?s hand is flesh.

21. INT. BRIEFING ROOM

The room is darkened. A hologram plays

13. Shloz

Shloz Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2001
    Impressive. Most impressive.

Apart from the somewhat unconventional title, this script is quite up to Star Wars standards. The twist of Anakin's pretend betrayal being turned into a real one is very surprising and adds an extra dimension to the tragedy.

As far as continuity, the only problem I see is that Leia supposedly had actual memories of Padme, but that could be from her plea to "remember me" as she expected to give her to the Jedi. Also, with such a turn of events, I am surprised that Obi-Wan would consider Anakin irredeemable, no matter what Yoda thought.

The action was thick and wonderful, the dialogue very much in keeping with the spirit of the saga (as opposed to that of a certain recent official installment... :( ), and the characters pretty true to the established.

All in all, I would not be surprised if certain ideas here turn up in the actual film!

14. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Ooh. I always think teaser trailers are chilling. That was no exception. ;)

Wonderful job! And nice title picture, too! :)

15. Aratlachion

Aratlachion Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2003
    Wow. That was a very well thought out script. The ending was great, probably one of the best I've seen for Ep.3. The teaser trailers were great too.

16. son of lucas

Jul 23, 1999
    More people reading my stuff. Thanks guys :)

"As far as continuity, the only problem I see is that Leia supposedly had actual memories of Padme, but that could be from her plea to "remember me" as she expected to give her to the Jedi."

Yeah. That was the point of that bit of dialogue.

Also, a part of the point of Luke remaining with Padme and Anakin was to explain why Luke would not have any memories.

Simply put she never had reason to say good-bye to him.

"Also, with such a turn of events, I am surprised that Obi-Wan would consider Anakin irredeemable, no matter what Yoda thought."

Well Obi-Wan doesn't see Anakin again for 20 years. During which time Anakin became a mass murderer.

I don't think it would take Yoda to force Obi-Wan to believe that Anakin's redemption might be out of reach.

I figured it played to the mourning and guilt Obi-Wan expressed in ANH and RotJ. Plus provide an extra overlapping theme between trilogies (Obi-Wan being unable to trust Anakin).

17. son of lucas

Jul 23, 1999
  18. son of lucas

Jul 23, 1999
    5 month bump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.