main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun CCG tidbits I picked up from people at Celebration 2...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by The2ndQuest , May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Got back from Celebration 2 yesterday, had a lot fun and got some good CCG deals (picked up BB ANH & Hoth boxes for $30 each and 5 EPP packs for $2 each-bring on the S.V.S: Suicide Vader Squad!!!) also picked up on some fun tidbits I got from some folks who either were playtesters at some point or knew people who were.

-Operatives were apparently added very late in the development of SE, as one guy told me they were not present in the version of the set he playtested.

-Visored Vision's original lore, instead of the Blues Brothers reference, originally just said "I'm Batman!".

-The Jek Porkins gametext at the Cloud City Dining Room was put in as a joke never intended to be in the final product, people at Decipher have no idea how it got past checks all the way to printing.

-After Cloud City's release, Lucasfilm cracked down on Decipher's in-jokes, which is why subsequent expansions had far fewer humorous lore and card titles, as well as the elimination of visual easter eggs such as the hitch-hiker's guide on the Landing Claw card.

-One guy said that when he went to get the autograph of the actor who played Ozzel, the actor not only had Ozzel's card there but was also looking at the Death Squadron Star Destroyer's card lore as well::)

2. Young_Ben

Young_Ben Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    Cool info 2nd Quest, I never knew any of this. Personnally I like to know as much as possible about the things I enjoy and my hobbies.
    Thanks very much for this.

3. iwjev

iwjev Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    The2ndQuest you talk about easter eggs in the CCG. Do you know any more or maybe a website that might list them?

John

4. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    "-Visored Vision's original lore, instead of the Blues Brothers reference, originally just said "I'm Batman!".

-The Jek Porkins gametext at the Cloud City Dining Room was put in as a joke never intended to be in the final product, people at Decipher have no idea how it got past checks all the way to printing. "

What is the gametext with the bluies brothers reference?

Is the Jek Porkins one the Cheers Norm reference "everybody knows his name" thing?

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    On the side of Visored Vision, next to the copyright stuff, it says "blues brothers."

Major Bren Derlin is the one with the Cheers reference, as the guy who played him also played Cliff Claven.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Jek Porkins was the chubby pilot (Red 6) whose X-Wing exploded due to mechanical failure. The Cloud City Dining Room says "Jek Porkins deploys for free here".

Visored Vision's existing lore is a reference to a Blues Brothers quote-

"It's 15 parsecs to Kessel, we've replaced the negative power coupling, it's dark and we're wearing welding goggles. Hit it."

As for other easter eggs- Decipher used to have a whole section on them, alas it no longer exists. There were quite a few of them though, I just can't recall any others offhand.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
  8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I stand corrected::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.