main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun Exercise: Whose a worse military commander Ludo Kressh or Daala?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Charlemagne19, Feb 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh, I doubt the Ruling Council had authority over grand moffs--rather, I refer to individuals like Ars Dangor. That is, individuals with a large degree of personal and official power. For instance, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Grand Vizier telling a grand moff what to do.

As for the demotion idea: do you have a better explanation?

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Touche, Ars and Pestage are effectively the two rulers of the Empire with Ars effectively the Ruler of the Ruling Council and Pestage being the Emperor when the Emperor wasn't there.

As for the demotion idea: do you have a better explanation?

Why not the truth? :)

Ruufan Tingellius is an individual whom was in a politically inconveinant spot as a Grand Admiral and a court intriguer, in much the same manner as Grand Admiral Thrawn he chose to accept a 'demotion' to protect himself. This is only holonet speak though for the fact that he was going to a more consolidated position that didn't rely so strongly on Imperial favor.

Your own link thread shows that the two overlap. Being a "Grand Admiral" being inferior to a Grand Moff is merely a question of authorities reach. A grand moff only controls his priority sector whereas a GA's authority is theoretically wherever the military is.

So in a sense its superior but a GM's power is much more consolidated and I imagine absolute in its borders.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Quite so. However, you've noted yourself that it still is, in fact, a demotion. Whatever the reasons, all that I'm concerned with is what it was. If he accepted it or in fact engineered it, that does not change what it is.

4. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Perhaps.

Its merely a matter of the broadening or lessening of their areas of influence though.

Different from being subordinate.

I will defer though.

5. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I have the perfect explanantion for why Daala rarely if ever got any success.

It is absolutely against the rules of the SW universe to ever alllow na Imperial to win.

Maybe she was a rear admiral. She never mentions that. And well, we don't know if she got her promotion for merit or sleeping wiht Tarkin.

6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Hey, Pellaeon one lots, and Daala did triumph the Battle of Nam Chorios.

And she did unite the Warlords. Twice. I'd sya she has a good success. Against Imperials, that is.

[face_laugh]

7. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    "It must be noted, however, that throughout the New Republic consoladation of the Galaxy, the most grevious setbacks to the Imperial war effort were inflicted not by Ackbar's Fleet, but by other Imperials."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.