main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Fun Links Are Us!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Jul 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Ooookay!

Of late in my Jedi studies (read: surfing the Internet... :) I've come across some very silly links, and I'm gonna post 'em up one a day for comment and comedy. Let me know what you think!

Here's todays:

Star Wars- the OPERA!

Enjoy!

*Derisa*

EDIT: fixed the link ;)

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Um, thanks, YJN... what was wrong with it?

Here's today's:

Road Squadron!

Enjoy!

*Derisa*

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
  4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Okay... is anyone checking these out? Can we have some commentary here?

More fun things going on out there in cyberspace: it's crazy! I was responding to a message on one of my equestrian lists two days ago, and sorta forgot what I was doing as I signed my tF.n handle to the message. I then posted a quick apology and explanation, and funny enough, got two responses from other fans on the same list, one of whom writes fanfic, the other of whom is active in the Seattle are fan gorup, where she knows a bunch of my friends... Man, it's a *small* Galaxy! :) SW really is the modern universal mythos. :)

Anywho, here's today's fun link... now can I please have some feedback? Or am I all alone out here? :)

Everything I Ever Needed to Know, I Learned From Star Wars!

Enjoy!

*Derisa*

5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    I guess I am alone out here, and only entertaining myself. At least I do it well! :)

Here's today's link, with a minor explanation.

Y'see, back when there was that little election in the States, the one that proved democracy is a thing of the past {"The bureaucrats hold the real power...") some irate fans decided they had a better pair of candidates for the election...

Campaign buttons for 2000!

Enjoy!

*Derisa*

6. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Well, I'm not sure who the Celchu part of that team is, but I seem to recall....around election time, wasn't there also a grassroots campaign for Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan '00? That seems to ring a faint bell with me.... And I think that would be one platform we could *all* get on board with. :)

Dawn.

7. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Anyone can get on board with Wedge Antilles and Tycho Celchu if they were readers of the X-Wing novels, or I, Jedi, or the Rogue Squadron comic series, or Rebel Dream, or Rebel stand. I'm sure they're in many more novels, too, but they don't leap immediately to mind.

It's funny how many newer SW fans focus primarily on the last two movies and the novels involving only Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Anakin. There's so much more Lucas' GFFA than just ANH and AOTC. :)

Derisa, keep up these links, they're great! Mind if I add that link to Triumph's interview with the NYC fans lined up for AOTC?

Wedge Antilles for B.C. Premiere! Tycho Celchu for Deputy Premiere! Forget the Liberals or the NDP, vote Rogue Party!!!

- Rani

8. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    'Funny'? I don't know....maybe it all does depend on one's point of view. What I do know is that for some people, and yes, that certainly *does* include me....with great pride and vigor do I cry it forth!....for some of us, then, it *is* the prequel trilogy we're most interested in. That's what we connect with on the deepest, most visceral emotional level. We're perfectly well aware and acquainted with the OT, and we like 'em well enough....but for us it's the PT that packs the greater punch. Of course it doesn't make us any less legitimate, nor should it raise any fears that we're missing out on anything....it's all about what you have the greatest, deepest affinity for. And like many folks I know full well where mine lies, and I'm perfectly happy with that....and need look no further. :)

(it's interesting and I suppose rather ironic to note, also, that some people seem so shocked when they discover that like many folks, I *do* know my stuff about the OT and I enjoy it well enough....but the prequel trilogy truly is *far* more "my bag". That's just the way it is and I wear that label with the ultimate, utmost pride and triumph. So why all the apparent shock when we PT afficionados *do* know our stuff about the OT as well - it's just not our thing? Why be so surprised, I wonder.... :) All's I know is that with TPM, I became an instant and total fan....I connected with it deeply, and meaningfully. And I am *loving* the prequel trilogy like nothing else and, to me, there is truly nothing better. Ah, it's a lovely time to be a fan....)

Dawn.

9. Kita

Kita Jedi Youngling

Nov 3, 2002
    Okay D_O you left about 3 hours ago and I just logued on to go browsing so what do I find but StarWars The Opera. Only you...need I say more. ROTFLMAO!

10. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Star Wars the Opera? Derisa, have you been holding out on us? Post that link, girl! :)

- Rani

11. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    KITA!!!! :)

I ws just scanning over Master Obi-Dan's report on the Imax thing, when I saw that he had linked your name to a registered user profile... I went... um... she *registered*? :) So... HI! Welcome aboard this crazy bus...

Rani, m'dear, the Opera link is the first one in this thread. :) 'Sa verra vunny one, too! :)

New link.... might wanna book mark this one, as they are always adding more funny goofy stuff... YeeeHAW!!!

Enjoy! I'll catch you on the flip!

*Derisa*

PS: if you haven't checked out the report yet, head on over to Tipoca City's forum and have a peek at the pics! I think we had fun! :)

*D.O*

12. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Okay, I'm an idiot...but that Star Wars Opera link was posted a long time ago. :) <--- looking sheepish.

To cover my blunder, here's a very bizarre webpage link all about a guy who had to compromise with his wife: he wanted a big bass super-amplifier for their home theatre system, she wanted a new coffee table. The result? The Thunder Table!

After you read how he constructed this thing of sonic madness, be sure to check out the "Oh the humanity!" link at the bottom of the page, which shows the structural damage his house (and other nearby structures) has suffered as a result!

Enjoy!

- Rani

13. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
  14. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    I'd seen that computer one before: it was cute, even if only half the pics would load. :)

Got a new one for you: found this on a random quote link on one of my fave spiffy-cool sites. Did you know Carrie Fisher had a crush on Harrison Ford? :) I know how she feels! :)

Hope you get a smile out of that. :)

*Derisa*

15. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    That woman is such a hoot!

- Rani

16. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Okay, I just read this, and it simply must be shared with the lot of you... as a mom, this if funny for so many reasons...

Death Star Day Care

I hope you howl as much as I did reading it: neighbours probably thought there was a Wookiee on drugs upstairs. :)

*Derisa*

17. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Not really a double post, just re-upping so's it shows up on the forum... :)

Nothing to see here! Move along, move along. :)

*Derisa*

18. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Oooohhhh, man, that's HILARIOUS!!!!

When can I send MY four-year-old little girl there? I've been looking for a safe, instructional preschool lately...

- Rani

19. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    ... At last! it is complete! The new and imroved stormtrooper: the Raptrooper!

20. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    You asked for it so here it is....

ask Kettch!

http://www.wookieehut.com/page_kettch.html

warning, Kettch can be quite...bold in his solutions to problems...but it's all good fun

21. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    I found this little gem on the Toronto forum, thanks to user TomServo who posted it there.

You'll all wanting to be hitting the bookstores for this one, a tribute to a fallen hero. :D

- Rani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.