Fund Raiser Idea

Discussion in 'Rochester, NY' started by MJ180, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ180 Jedi Padawan

Hey Everyone! Its MJ, better known as John's Mom.
    I have what could be very easy idea for a fund raiser. Let me know what you think. My neighbor passed out some flyers asking who would like to participate in an Annual Street Sale. It will be advertised it two papers. It is from July 24-26. I thought if everyone could donate one or two items that they don't use anymore and a couple of people donate a little time (my biggest problem would be Friday) I thought the club could do well raising some money. We could put stickers on the items to ensure that the Rebellion received the money from the donated items. If we wanted to go a step further, if the members who posses costumes wanted to walk around or advertise at the end of the street, it might promote even more interested customers. Anyway its just a thought and I would be more than happy to open up our home to participate and help the group with this fund raiser. John and I would be happy to provide soda, hots and hamburgs to the sale workers.
  2. Doc_Bev Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This is Nicky from the USS Tranquility...
    We just had our first club yard sale this past weekend. Many club members donated stuff or a portion of their earnings to the sale. We also sold hot dogs, soda & water to customers. We earned aprox $500 over the course of 2 days. Most of the money will go to club members, but a lot of it will go right into our club budget. We had cardboard stand-ups of Star Trek characters advertising our sale instead of club members in costume as it was a *very* hot weekend.

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents so you would have an idea how well our yard sale worked for our club.

Nicky
  3. lgtsbr Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey MJ

I think it is a great idea and we need to discuss it as a group at the next meeting - which is either this comming Sunday and/or July 20th if that meeting is still on (that has to be decided too)

Dave
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.