fund raising for the awards

Discussion in 'NE Fanforce Awards Forum' started by strawbary, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    ok, after several failed attempts Im looking for suggestions on how to raise some money for the awards for 2008.
    We have a paypal set up for donations, however, that hasnt recieved one penny.

I was thinking of making calendars having a winner from the 2007 awards , one for each month. I dunno.
    I was also going to make up some Tshirts available for sale to raise a penny or two. I was going to do this in cafepress.

PRoblem is I could use a hand with a logo. It should be one we can have one the winners websites as well.
    Any ideas on fundraising?
  2. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    How about a raffle? People can PayPal money to buy tickets, then a winner can be drawn at random. The drawback is shipping a prize will take away money raised.

How about creating Northeast Patches or Pins and charge a little mark up?
  3. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I would love to make patches or pins, I wanted to make something for the winners. Even shirts with winners on them. However I need someone handy to create a logo so we can get that started. Know anyone? :D
  4. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    sorry, forgot, raffle...... would be good if we could figure out something people will want to try to buy. As long as its not too big I think shipping wouldnt be an issue.
    Any ideas?
  5. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Or you could have the raffle tickets brought through paypal, and then give the prizes out at the awards themselves and cut shipping out all together.
  6. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    would be possible if they were going to attend the awards. I would need things to raffle though LOL

also the panel is oen to the public and Im think some may feel bad they didnt get to participate in it ??? I dunno LOL Im posting this in between calls today so Im a bit scramble brained here LOL

7. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    Meditate on this I will.....
  8. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    ok, I really would like t put the calendars up for a fund raiser with each winner on a diff month... think anyone would buy it?
    I am also going to open on cafepress a FFawards store. was thinking having items on there for winners and such.

Any thoughts on what items people may be interested in ? Coffee mugs? shirts? pins? Im open for anyones thoughts and ideas here :)
  9. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    Replica trophies? Just kidding...

10. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    LOL, I am willing to offer trophies to chapters who's members would like to purchase one since we do only give out one per chapter. I am open to the idea of having members order additional ones. Afterall, the academy awards do that too. so why not?

What do u think?
  11. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    Not a bad idea.

Calendars would be cool. Would you use pictures from last year's awards?
  12. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    I could.. or I can use photos submitted by the groups. I think it would be cool
    even to just use highlight pics of the awards for each month. You tell me, Im open to suggestions :)

If we do charge for trophies..... Im thinking 20.00 plus shipping which doesnt give me much profit if I brak it down by trophy.......figures run anywhere from 5-7.00 depending on who it is and if I can find a sale. Plus supplies 5.00 plus nameplates another 5.00
    So its really a slim profit, but at least people can get a trophy if they really wanted one :)

thoughts?

13. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    I think we shoudl guage what type of interest there would be for the calendar. If we could have a run of say 30 calendars, there would be a profit to use towards the awards. if only 10 people want a calendar, it may not ne worth the effort.

I'd be intereted depending on cost. $10 for a FF calendar is reasonable, but any more may be pushing it.
  14. strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus

star 5
    any items I do i that manner will be thru cafe press so you can just go into the online store and order whatever NEFFA product you want. this way Im not out of pocket for anything.

So if you check out Cafepress then you will get an idea for hat products. We can set the price for whatever. So if only an assortment of diff things sell then at least its a few pennies here and there towards the awards.

EDIT: It would be great to actually have some items there to sell at the awards but Im not sure what the rules are for that for the con. Billy would have to shed some light on that for us ;)
    Good thing is we dont have dinner this year so we can cut alot of expenses out.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.